Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    We are arrogant, entitled, unwelcoming, and kinda complainy. We rarely try new things only sticking to what we know. That's it really.
    I see. Thank you for explaining.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    As a whole society should ignore these people and stop giving them the platforms and attention they pine for. It seems like the only suitable option at this point.
    Yeah but lots of companies fall for the illusion the vocal minority are the minority. Comics writers are guilty of this remember the batgirl cover? They were utter cowards to people who shouldn't have so much reach. People need to realize they shouldn't be censor or run away at the whim of these authoritarians

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    I think sjws and mcdonalds femanists damage everyone who cares about social issues by shutting off discourse and blind fanaticism not that I'm implying you are this but the people dogging whedon are guilty of this.
    Do white supremacist and nazis ruin things for white people. Simply ignore awfulness is a group who probably don't even truly care about feminism or social issues and focus on the positive. I do it all the time.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Yeah but lots of companies fall for the illusion the vocal minority are the minority. Comics writers are guilty of this remember the batgirl cover? They were utter cowards to people who shouldn't have so much reach. People need to realize they shouldn't be censor or run away at the whim of these authoritarians
    I don't think this are the batgirl cover are related at all
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

BANNED

I feel like most of those girls are probably just casual movie fans and probably teens. I don't group them with the people that struggle with gamer harassment and other sexist stuff that comes with liking comics and videogames.
    What sexist stuff from comics? Some guy questioning your geek cred? Thats not some epic struggle mate

BANNED

Do white supremacist and nazis ruin things for white people. Simply ignore awfulness is a group who probably don't even truly care about feminism or social issues and focus on the positive. I do it all the time.
    You can't ignore them when people in high places kowtow to them and still get mobbed anyways

We are arrogant, entitled, unwelcoming, and kinda complainy. We rarely try new things only sticking to what we know. That's it really.
    Pretty much. Let's be honest, comic fans all have their favorites and they all scream when what they love is misrepresented. We're at a point where it's really going in every which direction, between those who love the A-list, those who want diversity, those who want their favorites to still be relevant, and so on. I mean, look at how completely bonkers the X-Men fans have become ever since AvX, and I completely understand where they are coming from.

I mean, we all know how I get!

I feel like most of those girls are probably just casual movie fans and probably teens. I don't group them with the people that struggle with gamer harassment and other sexist stuff that comes with liking comics and videogames.
    Oh, I agree. There are a lot of fans working hard, and I give a lot of respect for them. There are just a lot more that I see are just hop ons that are flinging their weight around instead of actually researching material. For example, everyone angry about how Barbara was treated before and overlook Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown, or how people would only want Carol Danvers for GOTG 2 instead of Phyla Vell and Moondragon.

Gail Simone asked the question "What's the difference between Comic fans and Tumblr fans", and someone said it best, Comic Fans know Dr. Who started in the 60's, Tumblr fans think it started in 2005.

BANNED

I don't think this are the batgirl cover are related at all
    Both are cases of comics creators being pressured by an angry radical progressive mob

Knew that 'monster' line would come back to haunt Whedon. I just thought it was clumsy, simple shifting of the talking points would prolly make less controversy (like talk about the forced sterilization, then the forced to murder people part, then talk about being a monster; but hey who knows with SJWs uh?).

And yeah, these guys complaining that it was 'racist' to whitewash(?) the Maximoffs clearly never actually read the comics. They just rattle off what they find in Wikipedia without actually have read anything in context. Not surprised. And technically they are now retconned to NOT be Magneto's kids, therefore not Jewish, or are they conveniently ignoring any comic event that doesn't conform to their reality?

BANNED

These people are ridiculous. Had it not been for Joss Whedon, nobody outside of comic book fans would even have a clue who Natasha Romanoff. Internet trolls are the worse. I'm just pissed that I still don't know what happened in Budapest even after watching AOU.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    It can lead to some horrible thing if it is not their already. If you do this to the wrong people in certain levels of power it is going to get such attentions & used as an excuse to start such shadow monitoring.

But what is worse IMO about it is that it is a Self-Destructing Action.

What those Haters are raging about they think gains a form of justice for something they don't like, keeping the makers honest. But that is not keeping them honest, that is Vindictive Harassment on the highest level. What is worst is that it takes people who generally love making Comic movies like Wheadon & makes them agitated & upset that this is a medium that has just Jumped the Societal shark of class.

We are in a Golden Age of Comic Book Movies & while yes their are questionable choices made, such have been done in the Comics themselves, to much worser levels. If you don't just talk about it but harass & attack the creators of it, then you will make those that make these movies scared, bitter & end-up leading to the self-destruction of all that has been built!

The thing I feel will bring down comic book fandom the most at times are its own Fans that Act like this.
    As usual. Well said. Even if these people aren't comic fans, they're going to get lumped into comic fans by media (should this become that big) and others.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    Well said CJ!

It's jerks like that that give us fans a bad reputation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Man I really wish this wasn't true. But it is clearly getting worse by the day.
    Thanks Tg1982!

On both of your posts, in then end it something that I think has already reach critical mass, it has happen to many times that is has become almost a norm. What is needed more is for the fact that one cannot take these social media spots to seriously as a form of Fandom. It is an easy vehicle that has not levels of worth to claim one as who they are.

I think Famous people should be the 1st to take this into account to save their sanity from such harassment.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

What sexist stuff from comics? Some guy questioning your geek cred? Thats not some epic struggle mate
    What? No girls getting harassed in stores and at cons. Females being treated like sex objects in comics and given no charatization.
    I'm not your mate brah

I think one thing that really bothers me is that Joss Whedon was speaking out for Anita and her FemFrequency channel and has stuck up for Feminism. To see him just be rolled over like this just makes me really disappointed.

BANNED

Both are cases of comics creators being pressured by an angry radical progressive mob
    With the Batgirl cover, the artist agreed with those taking issue with it and asked DC to not release it. Not exactly being pressured there.

Anyway. I can see this is turning into a "See? These people ARE terrible!" discussion. I've agreed with some issues in the past, not so much this time. If the worst they're doing is sounding off on Twitter, then eh, big whoop. People react angrily when they're angry.