Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I expected some sort of irrational backlash regarding a certain other plot point... but this... this... words escape me.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Are there really people that stupid in the world
    Yes. 10 char.

Quote Originally Posted by CZor View Post
    WTF......and this is why I avoid "fandoms"....we get people like these. I don't what movie they were watching to come to the conclusion that not having kids = being a monster or that there was a rape joke?...
    Fandumbs morelike.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Oh yes, many, many people

The worst part is that now whenever I watch the movie, instead of enjoying a heartfelt moment about two people with a shared struggle in their life, I'll hear these A-tier moments

lol at the SJW nut cases in our society.
    The irony is these people are being even worse than what the PERCIEVED offenses they alledge to Joss.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    There was a rape joke. Iron Man said when he rules Asgard he would reintroduce Prima Nocta. I'm kind of surprised that didn't get cut.
    Honestly, I never even took that as a rape joke. I didn't even realize it.
    Last edited by tg1982; 05-04-2015 at 06:59 PM.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

BANNED

I guess now that he tasted the crazy feminazis and their white knights, he might want to jump to the other side of the fence.

This are the freaking nutjobs that Videogame developers and Marvel are trying to appeal to, while bashing people saying they shouldn't try to make what this fucking crazy people want, because they will never be happy anyway.

All this crying makes no sense.
    Last edited by Kizaru; 05-04-2015 at 06:38 PM.

BANNED

Wow social media is so way to out of control these days.

I didn't love BW's characterization in the movie either, but this isn't the right way to react. Accusing Whedon of this or that just because you don't personally like the way a character was written is just ignorant. Criticism is ok, but ad hominen and baseless claims are not ok. Characters aren't always written the way you want them, doesn't mean the writer is sexist or racist.

Extraordinary Member

We don't know if he left Twitter because of this. Maybe he just left because the movie's out and he doesn't have to promote it.

The "racist" accusations come from Tumblr, where they've decided that the Maximoffs have been "whitewashed" because they're not Roma-Jewish. They never were, in the comics - they were generic white characters who were later retconned into being Magneto's kids, and he was retconned into being Jewish, etc. It's not really whitewashing if the characters have always been portrayed as white, but you know Tumblr.

Iron Man's joke was completely in character. He's a smart jerk. If he actually meant that he wanted to force women to have sex with him, it would make him a bad guy (more so) but as it stands he's just a guy who made a tasteless joke. Again, people often confuse a character saying something with the author believing it's totally fine.

And yeah, Natasha was saying she's a monster because she was turned into a killer, not because she can't have children. Forced sterilization was part of the process of turning her into a killer. But it's a big leap from there to "Joss Whedon thinks women who don't have babies are monsters."

Sometimes when people are taught to recognize bad or racist or sexist tropes in popular culture - and that's not a bad thing to recognize - they jump to deciding that all uses of a trope are illegitimate, or that characters must never do anything that reinforces negative stereotypes. So some people go from "too many movies have women who need to be rescued by men" (true) to "it's bad that Natasha got captured and needed Bruce to break her out." That's not how art works.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

This is Just TERRIBLE, its a Movie for God Shakes!

It is Fans like these that give our industry a Horrible Name, I have been in talks about concerns over the movie, but NOTHING even close to this level of WTF!

This is Harassment & I feel Terrible that Wheadon has to go threw this, I Hope he Reads this thread & knows that while any movie may have ups & downs, in General we are Civil & Thank You Mr. Wheadon for Doing your Every God Knowing Best to Do the Best you can Do!

THAT is Not Fandom.........We are Fandom!!!!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I guess so. The movie was not that awful. This is why I don't twitter.

It's really stupid how the internet tough guys are all like "Imma gunna fite ya bro!!!!!" Idots....

As I'm sure we all know. Everyone is tougher when they're anonymous. I feel bad for Whedon, first off I think Avengers: Age of Ultron was a great movie, I thought Black Widow was really good in it, I don't see how people can be so stupid as in infer the "sterile scene" as her being a monster when even my 5 year old niece understood she was talking about the things they made her do and the reason behind it. But as Ron White says... You can't fix stupid.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Wow social media is so way to out of control these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    I guess so. The movie was not that awful. This is why I don't twitter.
    I have Tried to Open a Twitter account but never Really go into it.

But THIS.......This might have just Killed it for me for Good Reasons.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I didn't know about prima nocta till I googled it. I thought that people would be mad about Black Widow, but not this mad.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I didn't like some of those things people are upset about, but they're reacting way worse than what worse than what they're accusing Whedon of.
    Also, where are they getting the racist and transphobic thing from?