Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    You can't ignore them when people in high places kowtow to them and still get mobbed anyways
    Yes you can. It's fairly easy.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

I don't see how having Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver be considered racist. Whitewash?
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    As a whole society should ignore these people and stop giving them the platforms and attention they pine for. It seems like the only suitable option at this point.
    I agree completely. It's just needlessly difficult when these antics actually begin to dictate what people can say, how they can react, and what they can do. It's difficult to just "accept" it happening, you know?
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    I don't see how having Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver be considered racist. Whitewash?
    They never read the books. And to me there's an anti white racism from those kinda people.

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Yeah but lots of companies fall for the illusion the vocal minority are the minority. Comics writers are guilty of this remember the batgirl cover? They were utter cowards to people who shouldn't have so much reach. People need to realize they shouldn't be censor or run away at the whim of these authoritarians
    You reminded me of this:

I think the thing with that Batgirl cover was that it was an effective cover...but it was a variant. If it was a start of a story arc, yes, it would be really effective. Instead it's kinda out of nowhere. Even the writer didn't know about that cover being made.

But I think the market has very much been at a point where it can't tell minority from majority anymore. I mean, we all thought the Carol Danvers fandom was massive, and yet it sells under 20,000. Kamala Khan actually has a stronger following. Who saw that coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    They never read the books. And to me there's an anti white racism from those kinda people.
    Honestly, it's like the Hunger Games, with Rue, only in reverse.

I'm actually, genuinely, interested in how they think Wanda and Pietro's casting is racist and whitewashing? What is there basis for this ridiculous assumption?
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I agree completely. It's just needlessly difficult when these antics actually begin to dictate what people can say, how they can react, and what they can do. It's difficult to just "accept" it happening, you know?
    I know what your saying and I agree.

But someone really needs to take a stand. People have to stop caving into these people and stop letting them have their way.

But someone really needs to take a stand. People have to stop caving into these people and stop letting them have their way.
    I second this, 100%.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    These people are ridiculous. Had it not been for Joss Whedon, nobody outside of comic book fans would even have a clue who Natasha Romanoff. Internet trolls are the worse. I'm just pissed that I still don't know what happened in Budapest even after watching AOU.
    Which is what I keep saying when people go "WHY ARE THEY MAKING ANT-MAN AND NOT BLACK WIDOW?!"

(I still don't get why people obsess over Budapest though. I thought it was a stupid line. Honestly, the best stories are the ones you don't know. What you don't know makes the stories larger. What you do know makes them smaller)

But I think it even goes into things like the Iceman coming out issue. Everyone is going "ICEMAN IS GAY NOW!" when the actual issue has problamatic things like Jean Grey forcing him out of the closet and "You're not Bi, you're full gay" as if it's implying Bisexual people are just gay lite. And not to mention that THEY TURNED KARMA EVIL AT THE END OF THE ISSUE! AN ACTUAL GAY HERO IS TURNED EVIL AT THE END BUT NOOOO EVERYONE CARES IF HOT WHITE BOY IS GAY NOW!!!

Like, shit like that drives me up the wall. It's like people only focus on one detail and ignore the rest. It's the same people who think Civil War was only about revealing superheroes identities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    What? No girls getting harassed in stores and at cons. Females being treated like sex objects in comics and given no charatization.
    I'm not your mate brah
    Men are idealized in comics as well. Are they not sexualized too? And I know plenty of female characters that are well written you probably haven't looked hard enough. And when has harassment ever been encouraged in cons? Name one time someone has been harassed and not had the person responsible ejected? Just because bad people do wrong it doesn't mean its accepted

It's bound to happen eventually.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

They got angry that Dr. Strange was white too.

Just saying, I completely understand where they are coming from and wanting diversity. But to get so angry over something that is expected is wasted energy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    You reminded me of this:

I think the thing with that Batgirl cover was that it was an effective cover...but it was a variant. If it was a start of a story arc, yes, it would be really effective. Instead it's kinda out of nowhere. Even the writer didn't know about that cover being made.

But I think the market has very much been at a point where it can't tell minority from majority anymore. I mean, we all thought the Carol Danvers fandom was massive, and yet it sells under 20,000. Kamala Khan actually has a stronger following. Who saw that coming?
    Yeah comics need to get better with connecting to ACTUAL readers not just people reading to be trendy. It also don't help with that one Spider Woman cover either remember that drama?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    And yeah, these guys complaining that it was 'racist' to whitewash(?) the Maximoffs clearly never actually read the comics. They just rattle off what they find in Wikipedia without actually have read anything in context. Not surprised. And technically they are now retconned to NOT be Magneto's kids, therefore not Jewish, or are they conveniently ignoring any comic event that doesn't conform to their reality?
    Honestly, it's like the Hunger Games, with Rue, only in reverse.

I'm actually, genuinely, interested in how they think Wanda and Pietro's casting is racist and whitewashing? What is there basis for this ridiculous assumption?
    Their is No Words to Describe that Level of WTF I just Heard about the casting roles & characters of the Maximoff's from they Harassers!

Everything said about them not knowing a what they are talking about cause they never read the comics is 125% True!

Only This Equals my Response to those making such an outrage of a calm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcjIestFVOc
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!