Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Rogue Cut" Of "X-Men: Days of Future Past" Gets Release Date

The extended cut will reincorporate Anna Paquin into the feature and add 17 minutes of footage.

Full article here.

BANNED

Too little too late, Singer. Way to screw fans of one of the greatest female characters ever.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Sounds like it'll be worth waiting for to me. I really enjoyed the movie at the cinema, but the absence of Rogue was noticeable, especially as she was such a key character in the original comic story. Having the scene they did for her finally restored will be cool to see (doing reshoots to have Rogue go back in time would be too much to ask! ;-) )
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Too little too late, Singer. Way to screw fans of one of the greatest female characters ever.
    Studios want movies cut down to a certain length. He wouldn't have shot it if he didn't think it was any good.

I'm more concerned about one of the people who worked on the cut saying the theatrical version isn't going to come with the Rogue Cut. That is dumb.

My only concern is whether this will be a global release or only a Region-Locked America release.

Still trying to figure out how a character getting their very own cut of a movie is somehow proof the director doesn't like the character.

And this cut couldn't have been included as some director's cut way back when DoFP first came out on DVD?
    I love Rogue, but damn I hate these attacks on the wallet...

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Finally. I've been waiting almost a year for this.
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adamhasser View Post
    Studios want movies cut down to a certain length. He wouldn't have shot it if he didn't think it was any good.

I'm more concerned about one of the people who worked on the cut saying the theatrical version isn't going to come with the Rogue Cut. That is dumb.
    He apparently thinks having Rogue need rescue is a good use of her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Still trying to figure out how a character getting their very own cut of a movie is somehow proof the director doesn't like the character.
    I've seen the details of what the cuts include - they don't make the movie worth buying yet again. Hence, he's screwed Rogue's fans.

Will this be like DD Director's Cut?

"It's a good movie now!"

I never understood the flack DD got until I saw the original theatrical cut this year. The DC version was not that bad (minus the playground scene).

I didn't think DoFP was very good, so the shoe is on the other foot for me. This will surely make it better?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I've seen the details of what the cuts include - they don't make the movie worth buying yet again. Hence, he's screwed Rogue's fans.
    He announced the Rogue cut before the movie was released on blue ray. If you're such a big fan of Rogue you shouldn't have bought the standard cut just like I didn't so I could have this one. No one got screwed you just didn't plan ahead.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 05-05-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Great point. They shouldn't release this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Great point. They shouldn't release this at all.
    Yeah how about you just don't buy it and let those of us who wanted it enjoy it.

Too late for that. They screwed us out of one of the greatest female characters ever in the first movie. Anna called it right when she said she wanted to play badass Rogue, not teen Rogue...