Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    Nope, if I remember correctly, next panel he looks over at Wolverine's dick and says something like, "What've YOU got that I don't?"

Not subtle AT ALL.
    Yeah, there was more to the scene. I couldn't find the whole page, but Morrison pushes the issue to where Logan is packing more than Sabes.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

All-New Member

It went downhill as soon as Morrison started writing the first word of his first script.

Yes, I know you all worship Morrison. Its a mystery.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, there was more to the scene. I couldn't find the whole page, but Morrison pushes the issue to where Logan is packing more than Sabes.
    Actually, I don't think they ever establish who's packing the most. Sabretooth either didn't comment due to shame or simply wasn't impressed. XD
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

It never declined under his majestic pen. The moment Morrison left is when the book went to crap.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Okay, that's way more subtle than I was expecting...
    The scene after that has sabretooth's jaw dropping as he stairs at Logan's junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Valjean999 View Post
    It went downhill as soon as Morrison started writing the first word of his first script.

I was going to say... Imho, it went downward as soon as they tried to force match the characters/world/story to the movie. So about first issue of New X-Men. I am ok with the movies being different as they are not in the same universe anyway. But changing characters personalities, discarding previous stories and trying to match the movie world/tone...

Morrison's run was great until Assault On Weapon's Plus. In fact I thought up to that point that what he brought to the table was a much needed new outlook on the X-Franchise. But my god the art up until that point was just awful (IMO). Everyone looked old and wrinkly and wore diapers. But I can't fault Morrison for that.

AOWP's main downfall was it was boring. Planet X was not boring but the damage it did to Magneto's character (even with the later retcon) and of course, killing of Jean was taking it to extremes. I liked HCT even though it was a little WTF. But his first few arcs were golden, again at least writing wise.

Or maybe I just think it's golden because of the steaming pile of poo that Uncanny was at that time.
    Last edited by Captain Nash; 05-06-2015 at 01:26 PM.

Fantastic Member

The run had its high points and low points. Any issue with Igor Kordey on art was bad though. The Assault on Weapon Plus was probably my favorite arc with Here Comes Tomorrow my least favorite.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    Actually, I don't think they ever establish who's packing the most. Sabretooth either didn't comment due to shame or simply wasn't impressed. XD
    It's implied it was the former, that is how I remember that moment at least.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valjean999 View Post

Opposed to what? I ask this question seriously, because many people disliked Morrison's run and what I'm wondering is if NXM was bad then what was good because it was certainly better than all of the titles that where concurrent with its initial run, certainly better than anything that came before it for at least four or five years, and most definitely better than anything that's come after it, so then what's the measuring stick for the run or is it merely a preference thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    It never declined under his majestic pen. The moment Morrison left is when the book went to crap.

Honestly, I think that Morrison should of been allowed to steer the X-ship a bit longer or at least finish up his run how he wanted to end it, because after he left everything was left in disarray and never really recovered, AXM was an adequate successor to NXM but then it never really lived up to what it was supposed to be still a good run but it also launched many of the themes that have dissected the X-franchise inside out!!!

My favorite part is Here Comes Tomorrow, so I guess my answer is, "It didn't."

-Pav, who loved seeing it all come together as it all came apart...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

It started to decline once Quietly was unable to draw issues consistently, which was early on.

Still a great run though, and better than any of the crap that came afterwards.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    Assault on Weapon X. Great Fantomex cover during that arc though.
    I have to admit, I used to not be too big on this arc, particularly how awkward the Super Soldier superteam plan and the history of Weapon Plus was handled, and then I realized it's Asteroid M. It's all a ploy. It's a trap to capture and hold Wolverine. And, it works, too. He stays.

There's so much great work with lies and deceptions, and self-deceptions, in the whole run, and that's a huge one.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

What were the main complaints about Planet X? (Besides Jean's death)

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    What were the main complaints about Planet X? (Besides Jean's death)
    Cause Jean death. Are you implying people should be okay about that? :P
    But anyway, I think it was great besides that, because it was a big and great plot twist. But then, Magneto couldn't had killed Jean Grey because he's not supposed to be THAT bad or THAT much of an enemy anymore, so the retcon ruined. Or it was really supposed to be just Xorn what is way more boring, I was confused reading the story really, I guess Morrison talked about it already.