Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    So did Hickman imply that Ult Nick Fury and Hawkeye are dead? It seems that way, but I'm pretty sure Hawkeye was in the preview of Ultimate End #1. I certainly hope Ult Fury isn't dead, as he's the best Fury and I'd hate for him to just kick the bucket after all he's done.

Can't wait to see what Soule has planned for Phoenix-clops in Uncanny Inhumans as well.

Ribic was great on this book and it's wonderful to see him drawing the Ultimate characters again. I particularly like his Doc Green, Black Panther and 616 Reed.

This was seriously one of the best event comics I've read. I can't think of a better one. If Hickman can keep this up for the rest of the series, he'll leave a huge legacy on the medium as a whole. That said, I'd hate to be a new reader.
    Seem like it. If they didn't die from the falling tower they did from the impact between the universes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post

3. Has anyone else noticed how the rafts seem like almost identical copies of the machine the original beyonder installed in Central Park to lure the heroes and villains on the original battleworld?
    OMG, you're right! That's awesome! You're awesome!

See I liked this issue but it was a little confusing for me, the battle has already started, do I need to read the final isssues of New Avengers and Avengers or the free comic day issue to see whats going on? Also how did Colossus and company get from 616 to 1610, did they jump there? lol My only problem with this so far is since theirs so many characters and so much bouncing around characters are showing up places and Im not sure how they got there, like Hank on that plane.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    See I liked this issue but it was a little confusing for me, the battle has already started, do I need to read the final isssues of New Avengers and Avengers or the free comic day issue to see whats going on? Also how did Colossus and company get from 616 to 1610, did they jump there? lol My only problem with this so far is since theirs so many characters and so much bouncing around characters are showing up places and Im not sure how they got there, like Hank on that plane.
    Not really. All you need to know is that they created the Ark to escape the dying universe, there is no saving anything, and read New Avengers #33 to understand the opening scene which is basically Doom confronting the Beyonders who is causing all of this. At least for this issue. Unless you're confused by more? Just ask. Actually you may need to read a good chunk of Time Runs Out.
    Last edited by PlanetaryDevastation; 05-06-2015 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Misread

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBeetle View Post
    http://k33.kn3.net/E/D/C/E/B/3/2BF.jpg
    Oh wow it is the same! That was a really good catch
    I put them both side by side: http://i.imgur.com/uJ8VBEw.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    I personally never saw how he got the egg. There's an issue of TRO which reveals that he does in fact have it though. Pod is nothing. It was one of the landing sites of the missiles that Ex Nihili sent to earth the reformat the earth. Pod is just a suit. There's a norwegian girl in there. And Cannonball/Smasher's baby.
    So we never see how or where cyclops got these sentinels? Also guys...lets be serious for a second...can we stop abbreviating comic titles on these forums? You're at a computer or on a phone typing...What is TRO? Just type the title out its not that big a deal and doesn't take much time.

Incredible Member

So we never see how or where cyclops got these sentinels? Also guys...lets be serious for a second...can we stop abbreviating comic titles on these forums? You're at a computer or on a phone typing...What is TRO? Just type the title out its not that big a deal and doesn't take much time.
    TRO is Time Runs Out, the final arc of the Avengers. The Sentinels and Phoenix Egg thing was never explained. Either it is meant to be explained by Bendis, was never going to be explained or will be explained by Hickman.

It certainly wasn't new reader friendly. I don't read the Ultimate books (I have no idea who or what "the City" is) and I stopped following the Hickman Avengers after "Infinity" and for dialogue that was SOOO heavy on exposition, it didn't answer any of my questions about who or what these characters were or how we got to this point! How did Cyclops come to control a Sentinel army? Where'd the Phoenix Egg come from, and why did it specifically choose Cyclops as the new avatar? Everything seemed to happen too fast and there was very little characterization, I felt nothing when Reed lost Sue and the kids or when Black Widow and Spiderwoman bought it.

The art, while technically well drawn didn't seem to emphasis what seemed like important scenes. (Phoenix Cyclops was so small in that panel before he is teleported away I had to squint to make him out, and was Black Bolt captured or killed? Character deaths seemed almost like an afterthought as presented.

The Ultimate Universe were clearly portrayed as the bad guys in this, they were the invaders, they were the ones endangering civilians and trying to raze the 616 with giant spaceship things and taking orders from some scary Reed Richards and a shadowy cabal that included Thanos in it's membership. If you were an Ultimates reader, your guys certainly didn't look good here.

The original Secret Wars issue 1 also threw you straight into the action, but it still managed to bring the readers up to speed on characters they may not have been following. This was just a confusing mess for me. Hopefully now that we got the destruction of the earth out of the way issue 2 will be a more coherent read.

Two questions: 1.) the "I remember when comments cost a dollar" joke, felt completely random. Does Groot normally break the 4th wall or something? I didn't get it.
    2.) I know who lizard@coldblooded.com and hitthetarget@hit.com were (Lizard, and Bullseye respectively) but who is who@whocares.com supposed to be?

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    SO yeah... (Almost) Everything dies.

This issue did what it needed to; had 616 and Ultimate Universe collide in more ways than one. Loved how high the stakes were; some surprising characters died even before the universes died. There were some fun character moments. etc.

But I have to say, for people who have just started reading Hickman's long running arc, this must have been a CHORE to try to decipher. I mean, it really felt like a special issue of Hickman's Avengers, like an extension to his run instead of a jump on issue. Quite a few things from that run came to fruition.

But personally, I loved that. I'm sure it's going to lead to complaints though.

The art? Magnificent, in a way, it also felt like an extension to Hickman's Ultimates run based on art alone. It made the war between Earths look like a brawl to end them all. And yet, still provided time for smaller moments.

RIP Marvel Universe. You went out with a bang.
    This thing actually feels vital. Real groundbreaking..sorry for the pun!!

Like Whhoooaaa!!
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Yeah, Cyclops is now a Phoenix again, how the heck did that happen? Was the Phoenix Egg ever explained as to where he got that thing?

Haven't really been following TRO myself but I didn't feel lost (currently reading Infinity as well), outside not knowing who Pod is.
    I think the Egg has been around since Classic X factor.
    Militant Anti-Villain
    The Ghost Militant...

http://observationdeck.io9.com/every...015-1701692639

This is a great and not novel sized article that catches you up on everything that happened in Avengers / New Avengers.

Colossus was teleported over by Nightcrawler, he Fast-Ball Specialed the Hulk/She-Hulk over to plow through the Tresskalion.
    Hank was on the transport because he was in Nation-X with Cyclops so he needed to be picked up by Reed's convoy along with the other smart people on the planet to board the ark.
    Last edited by JamJams; 05-06-2015 at 04:35 PM.

This book read like a eulogy. I feel like I like the tone and the fact I don't know what is going to happen next. There's a flavor to this that isn't the normal fare. It's more certain now than what I was getting in interviews and stuff..
    Militant Anti-Villain
    The Ghost Militant...

I definitely agree with those who said is not new reader friendly. I mainly only read the X-men side of things because i have no real deep interest in the Avengers or most the rest of the Marvel Universe. Though i love the movies. I was really confused through most of it. I did read some of the Avengers issues from Hickman just because i think hes a good writer but i probably only read about 10 issues of his run so i can only imagine how confusing it was for someone who didn't read any.

Honestly I didn't expect it to be new reader friendly. It's too vital of a series. I mean the story goes back as far as his SHIELD series.
    Militant Anti-Villain
    The Ghost Militant...

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Seem like it. If they didn't die from the falling tower they did from the impact between the universes.
    Ultimate End is a last days book.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum