Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    After reading all of Hickman avengers and new avengers before this, my head hurts.

This is great stuff and why I read comics. Sci-fi action and fantasy involving high concepts and classic heroes. I have a feeling this is the last hurrah of the classical MU, and what we'll get after this is stuff that panders to the movies and tumblr crowds. How dark and complicated this all was rings of marvel of several years ago, not the marvel of today and the marvel that the company is pushing. Marvel and comic media wants squirrel girls and ms. Marvels, not Hickman sci-fi

This was meant for a fanbase that marvel is no longer interested in, and for that I am grateful. This is probably going to get a lot of criticism the casual and mainstream crowd given how much knowledge on the MU it requires. But I don't have much of a place in a marvel universe of all new all different Avengers and movie merchandising. So at least Hickman is letting me have one last ride with marvel comics before I'm pushed out entirely.
    Ironically with my cynical view I have come to completely the opposite conclusion that you have. To me Battleworld and the aftermath will be an attempt to promote all the former alternate Marvel universes to somewhat equal stature. They are all going to somehow exist simultaneously. And why would Marvel do this ... they want to move everyone eventually to digital subscriptions. Of course it may be a decade or more away for them to renegotiate contracts so that they can have immediate access to current comics, because that could be the death blow to the local comic stores. But in my opinion what Marvel wants to do is have everyone subscribe to Marvel Unlimited. In this world it is much easier to throw in random events from the past because the fans will be presumed to be able to read the actual comics in which they occurred.

BANNED

I can't help but think of this when the incursion happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RcVzevWX4U

For those who are lost, I found this thread on NeoGAF that does a great summary of almost everything leading up to Secret Wars 1. It's in the first post.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1041685

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloCreed!(The One and Only) View Post
    Off topic (sort of).. Has House of M been solicitated yet, I don't recall the unveiling, maybe it's just a one shot in August, but, whose the creative team????
    I don't remember seeing it in the solicits yet but the creative team is Hopeless and Anka.
    Edit: Here's the cbr article http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ng-secret-wars
    Last edited by SuperBeetle; 05-06-2015 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBeetle View Post
    I don't remember seeing it in the solicits yet but the creative team is Hopeless and Anka.
    Edit: Here's the cbr article http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ng-secret-wars
    Thanks!!!!
    #MagnetoWasRight

Spectacular Member

Who, like me, was not seeing any of this as a reboot or whatever until it was suggested?

So can Black Bolt be killed by ordinary bullets, or if they hit him, do they just bounce off?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    At this juncture I'd like to remind everyone that Hickman has consistently referred to this as "a horror story." While we'll see some semblance of the Marvel Universe emerge on the other side of the event, there is going to be a lot of carnage and sad moments as he methodically kills off 100s of 616-Universe heroes on panel and puts others through the wringer.

If you're buying this comic, you are supporting that style of storytelling, which Hickman has been building to from the first "Everything Dies" caption in January 2013. Don't buy it and then be surprised that everything is dying.
    There is no way in hell Marvel Comics would get rid of that many of their main characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Melab View Post
    There is no way in hell Marvel Comics would get rid of that many of their main characters.
    Did Rocket Raccoon get shot with a laser beam that burned a gaping hole right through the center of his chest, or is he not even dead?

Amazing Member

Who, like me, was not seeing any of this as a reboot or whatever until it was suggested?
    I think its quite clear that this won't be a reboot judging from the All-New All-Different Avengers. Sure, they will probably simplify some stuff and get rid of the Ultimate Universe in the end, but I think that's it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by marcbret1987 View Post
    I think its quite clear that this won't be a reboot judging from the All-New All-Different Avengers. Sure, they will probably simplify some stuff and get rid of the Ultimate Universe in the end, but I think that's it.
    Yeah, but now I've got that idea in my head and I can't get it out. Prior to reading about the Marvel Universe "coming to an end" in February, I had a very specific view (one I prefer) of the nature of Marvel's cosmology and what not (i.e., I didn't associate some of this stuff with DC's wacky metafictional reboots). Now I'm not sure I'll be able to "unthink" these changes even if everything does come out not much different.

Amazing Member

Yeah, but now I've got that idea in my head and I can't get it out. Prior to reading about the Marvel Universe "coming to an end" in February, I had a very specific view (one I prefer) of the nature of Marvel's cosmology and what not (i.e., I didn't associate some of this stuff with DC's wacky metafictional reboots). Now I'm not sure I'll be able to "unthink" these changes even if everything does come out not much different.
    Well... That has no easy solution, has it? I mean, this story has some flaws that in the post about NA#33 somebody summarized quite well, but still, given the scope of what is being attempted here, I can't help but admire it.

I enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next one!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by marcbret1987 View Post
    Well... That has no easy solution, has it? I mean, this story has some flaws that in the post about NA#33 somebody summarized quite well, but still, given the scope of what is being attempted here, I can't help but admire it.
    Wait, are you asking about my "unthinking" thing?

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    Been a long time since I read it all in context, but I always assumed that the Avengers were just polite enough to let Tony's claims that post Armor Wars Iron Man was a different person stand unchallenged. Calling BS on that and then calling him out on Armor Wars would have just destroyed the team. There are a lot of stories though that imply Cap never did forget that or Galactic Storm.
    Plus he kind of floated the Avengers financially for most of their existence. Would be hard for them to bite that hand