Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Yeah, Cyclops is now a Phoenix again, how the heck did that happen? Was the Phoenix Egg ever explained as to where he got that thing?

Haven't really been following TRO myself but I didn't feel lost (currently reading Infinity as well), outside not knowing who Pod is.
    I personally never saw how he got the egg. There's an issue of TRO which reveals that he does in fact have it though. Pod is nothing. It was one of the landing sites of the missiles that Ex Nihili sent to earth the reformat the earth. Pod is just a suit. There's a norwegian girl in there. And Cannonball/Smasher's baby.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    After reading this, I can only say that a hard re-boot (or reset) is coming

I mean, we had a whole raft of major characters die.
    Or they're all going to reappear on Battleworld like Ultimate Cap and Thor Odinson and Lady Thor clearly are. Have some faith in Marvel a little.

Yeah, Cyclops is now a Phoenix again
    Sigh....Why must they keep doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    I personally never saw how he got the egg. There's an issue of TRO which reveals that he does in fact have it though. Pod is nothing. It was one of the landing sites of the missiles that Ex Nihili sent to earth the reformat the earth. Pod is just a suit. There's a norwegian girl in there. And Cannonball/Smasher's baby.
    Ah right, gotcha.

BANNED

the phoenix clops isn't going to last.

Ultimate Member

I've been following the X-men for a while but I don't exactly re-call when Cyclops got that Phoenix Egg.

Good issue, but it was still utter BS, that T'challa lost EVERYTHING, and of everybody that got "raptured" up onto the raft Storm was left out, and we KNOW she got left out specifically because Thor got Raptured onto the raft right in front of her. So yea RIP Ororo Munroe.....

Actually occurs to me Cyclops is the only mutant in there? I foresee a lot of Complex fans sharpening their adamantium knives...

Only thing I didn't like was the little continuity error towards the beginning where Hyperion appears as one of the heroes flying up to meet the 1610 invaders. Otherwise, this was pretty damn great. Reed finally lost something, though his family is pretty much guaranteed to come back at this point because comics. You don't open an issue with them dying to not bring them back later in the series. Glad to see T'Challa get major panel time. I hope that continues.

EDIT: I also thought this worked well as a first issue. If I picked this up, having not read anything in Marvel, I'd be confused in that I don't know who all the characters are, but I'd understand the events and stakes of the story, and I'd definitely be interested in reading the next one.
    Last edited by robreedwrites; 05-06-2015 at 06:47 AM.

So, as someone who has only been reading x-books, this intro into the event was one big convoluted mess.

Hopefully it gets better (more clear) for people who haven't been keeping up with prelude books.

Actually occurs to me Cyclops is the only mutant in there? I foresee a lot of Complex fans sharpening their adamantium knives...
    Storm and iceman were there from 616. And several ultimate universe mutants.

Nvm, I see now you meant the ones who got "saved"

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Good issue, but it was still utter BS, that T'challa lost EVERYTHING, and of everybody that got "raptured" up onto the raft Storm was left out, and we KNOW she got left out specifically because Thor got Raptured onto the raft right in front of her. So yea RIP Ororo Munroe.....
    Yeah that was messed up. I guess she was unworthy

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I meant in the Raft and still technically existing.

For those of you on this thread that havent read TRO or New avengers or Avengers:

-domes form at each incursion site. We don't yet know what their purpose is, but several of us believe that's where pieces of Battleworld are harvested. We also know that NYC 616 and 1610 are going to be pieces of battleworld.

Therefore: don't count out anyone who was in that battle NOT making it to battleworld
    Last edited by Biclopcicle; 05-06-2015 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

Nvm, I see now you meant the ones who got "saved"
    Storm definitely was NOT on that raft!