Page 21 of 73 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Frank Castle. Great cameo or greatest cameo?
    I intensely dislike the Punisher and I still thought that was hysterical.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogersboy View Post
    I am going to need a 'Marvel Universe for dummies' book after all this is done. Maybe have Stan explain it to me like I'm three..what a confusing book.
    It's actually interesting to wonder about what Stan thinks about this. This shouldn't be anybody's first comic.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderOrange View Post
    I was hoping that the SW #0 would be all one would need going in but maybe not. I've not read any of Hickman's stuff. No Avengers, New Avengers, Ultimates, Fantastic Four, nothing at all.
    Ditto with me. I was hoping there would be a "Previously in Avengers" page.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustJelly View Post
    It's actually interesting to wonder about what Stan thinks about this. This shouldn't be anybody's first comic.
    I gather he got asked and simply said that change is a good thing and it has to happen sometimes, though I'm sure he has no idea what Secret Wars is really all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    I can't be the only person who was seriously put off by the make up of the people on that raft.....
    Oh... OH!

Yeah, that make up was looking super white, and very male oriented. Not a good look, and even with the built in excuse (desperate situation, lost most of the people they wanted in there, including the FF).
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Frank Castle. Great cameo or greatest cameo?
    Loosely rambling between great and greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Falcon View Post
    Ditto with me. I was hoping there would be a "Previously in Avengers" page.
    I'm surprised there wasn't. The Avengers/New Avengers TV style recap pages with previous panels and dialogue edited together in a new way worked really well I thought.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/...vels-big-event
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TpB0UoIsIg

Perhaps this will help some of you guys who seem a little lost. I don't really read much of the Main Marvel line (just ASM and RR), but I've read plently of the UU and the ign link I supplied helped me understand what's going on before I read SW #1.

This was a great issue, I wish we had gotten a UU pov of their thoughts on the battle. But I'm sure that's something Ultimate End #1 will have.

BANNED

I was completely lost.

In case anyone's wondering, here is the Guardians Team Up issue where Thor is a member of the Avengers:

avengers+thor.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Oh... OH!

Yeah, that make up was looking super white, and very male oriented. Not a good look, and even with the built in excuse (desperate situation, lost most of the people they wanted in there, including the FF).
    I was wondering how they were going to handle that even before things went wrong. It seemed like T'Challa was the only black male there. They mentioned one Asian person they on their list.

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    In case anyone's wondering, here is the Guardians Team Up issue where Thor is a member of the Avengers:

avengers+thor.jpg
    Thanks... So where's Hyperion's bro, Odinson???

2590208-cyclops.jpg

The Phoenix is a symbol of death and resurrection would be no exaggeration to believe Scott is responsible for Secret Wars Battleworld.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    I enjoyed it thoroughly, but it was still just teasing what actually happened with Doom, Strange, and MM at the end of NA 33... I was hoping for some of those answers.

***Damn, just looked back, that was 40 pages electronically- that's a big book!

But my god, Ribic! It seems like he didn't really ink his pages, like maybe he scanned in the pencils and edited them that way... And the color art is perfect!

This is going to be a great series. I do feel sorry for everyone who's jumping on fresh. I guess you don't really need to know about how the Cabal ended up on 1610, or Maker...but having read NA, Avengers, and Hickman's ultimates helps bigtime.

Of course PhoenixClops ends up on the raft..oh well

My question is, has Maker been spying on 616 for awhile? How then did he get a design of the raft? Maybe the cabal stole them from the Illuminati somehow before they got stuck on 616...
    I believe the next issue is extra sized as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    The Phoenix is a symbol of death and resurrection would be no exaggeration to believe Scott is responsible for Secret Wars Battleworld.
    This is way beyond Phoenix.