Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I didn't even notice the hair the first time around and still knew it was Strange. Cloak kinda gave it away.

So who else was "off"?
    Dr. Strange's face as portrayed by Ribic is the same as the first face listed under Illuminati for the Cast ...

Extraordinary Member

I didn't even notice the hair the first time around and still knew it was Strange. Cloak kinda gave it away.

So who else was "off"?
    Look at the castlist thing and tell me there's nothing wrong.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Look at the castlist thing and tell me there's nothing wrong.
    there's nothing wrong. You couldn't mistake any of those characters for other characters entirely. If you've a problem with the art style that's another thing.

"off" is spiderman's suit being yellow or jessica having blonde hair

I just think he went to drawing the big stuff and did not pay much attention to the small like character features. If not for costumes no body could tell who is who

Esad Ribic always draws his Marvel art like this, nothing new.

I'm surprised he hasn't shown floating islands / mountains hanging in the sky, but give it time.

Some of his look I think is his trying as an artist to use less distinct backgrounds to convey a better sense of 3D depth to a scene.

Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    I think it was shown that Ultimate Reed is simultaneously trying to use the new City's forces to deliver a "doomday weapon." I wonder if that effort succeeded.
    Wasn't it the doomsday weapon that caused everything to go to shit while "Our" Fantastic Four was on the life-raft? Honestly I don't even know even more. As politically incorrect as it is saying this, I felt like a retard during Hickman's run. I loved the art, I loved the dialogue, but when it came to the details, I still blank. Put a gun to my head and ask me what a "Mapmaker" does and whether or not Steve Rogers can kick one's ass, then you might want to have a mop ready.

"

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Wasn't it the doomsday weapon that caused everything to go to shit while "Our" Fantastic Four was on the life-raft? Honestly I don't even know even more. As politically incorrect as it is saying this, I felt like a retard during Hickman's run. I loved the art, I loved the dialogue, but when it came to the details, I still blank. Put a gun to my head and ask me what a "Mapmaker" does and whether or not Steve Rogers can kick one's ass, then you might want to have a mop ready.

"
    I think Ultimate Reed in New Avengers was talking about his having stopped being dumb so that he was now using black holes to destroy alternate Earths instead of anti-matter, an improvement on what 616's Illuminati had been using.

I still think if Ultimate Reed had had more time and a push in the right direction he could have had his Children analyze white space and scientifically reduce its magic to science, allowing him the ability to have fought the Beyonders. He is one nasty character when it comes to inventing tech for battles.
    Last edited by jphamlore; 05-08-2015 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Owen may not be a Beyonder but he was made by Beyonder interference.

Franklin could be too. We can't discount some Beyonder plan to gene splice Beyonder DNA onto human DNA because they want to find out what happens. Franky is more connected to the Multiverse associated with Earths, so he has more affinity to keeping it going, because family. Yes it's conjecture, but who guessed Owen was a time bomb, placed by the Beyonders, either?
    Franklin is certainly is interesting. If he could pull off becoming Galactus, almost anything is seemingly possible.

Did Cyclops even make it onto the surviving portion of the life raft, or did he end up on the other part with Sue, Ben, Human Torch, and the kids? He was standing close to the FF when he got teleported on, and then we never saw him drawn in any other panels, so I wonder... Maybe Cyclops was the silhouetted figure floating in the white as the raft was destroyed? Could this have anything to do with the white hot room?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
    Did Cyclops even make it onto the surviving portion of the life raft, or did he end up on the other part with Sue, Ben, Human Torch, and the kids? He was standing close to the FF when he got teleported on, and then we never saw him drawn in any other panels, so I wonder... Maybe Cyclops was the silhouetted figure floating in the white as the raft was destroyed? Could this have anything to do with the white hot room?
    Their position relative to each other when cyke was ported doesn't matter cause they moved when the f3 and the kids got exploded

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I just think he went to drawing the big stuff and did not pay much attention to the small like character features. If not for costumes no body could tell who is who
    That is pretty standard for comic book art. Especially in big multi-character scenes.

I really can't believe people are complaining about Ribic's art. It is GORGEOUS.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Okay, I looked at the mentioned panels for the children, and there were 3 faded images of people locked into flying armor wings, but I really had to look, because it's not that obvious.

Fantastic Member

I wanna see Ultimate Reed get involved in the Beyonders vs Doom scenario. He is the only other character that can likely hang in that league. Nothing suggested that his survival plan went wrong, so I think it might happen.

So who else was "off"?
    Natasha. I couldn't recognise her. Certainly Thing was very trim, and looked like a clone, not the real one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
    Much to the reason why this makes no sense. There was Reed trying to reach Sue and the others by stretching and Cyclops was there with Phoenix powers doing nothing. Just a thought and the 2 pieces are together again.

Phoenix in this makes a mockery of the situation and it's inclusion was stupid as well, after all Cyclops went through, he takes it? He's have had a better time giving it to Rachel and her being the only surviving X-man. Also, if the Beyonders did indeed kill every cosmic being in each known universe then the 616 had one left and it's more powerful than any being currently still alive.

These ideas seem like that of a what a teenager would think is 'cool'.