Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Much to the reason why this makes no sense. There was Reed trying to reach Sue and the others by stretching and Cyclops was there with Phoenix powers doing nothing. Just a thought and the 2 pieces are together again.

Phoenix in this makes a mockery of the situation and it's inclusion was stupid as well, after all Cyclops went through, he takes it? He's have had a better time giving it to Rachel and her being the only surviving X-man. Also, if the Beyonders did indeed kill every cosmic being in each known universe then the 616 had one left and it's more powerful than any being currently still alive.

These ideas seem like that of a what a teenager would think is 'cool'.
    I saw him becoming Phoenix again was not only an end game scenario enacted but also a final "F you" to Xavier. It fits him.

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    I saw him becoming Phoenix again was not only an end game scenario enacted but also a final "F you" to Xavier. It fits him.
    No, it screams of "We needed to fit an X-men character in here somewhere. Let's do this." by editorial. I don't see it as in character, he doesn't hate Xavier, in an end game scenario he would know to give the power to someone who has and can wield it better than he can dream.

And they did not save any inhuman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    No, it screams of "We needed to fit an X-men character in here somewhere. Let's do this." by editorial. I don't see it as in character, he doesn't hate Xavier, in an end game scenario he would know to give the power to someone who has and can wield it better than he can dream.
    Well true they needed an X-Men character but I think Cyclops works as a good callback to Magneto being with the heroes in the original Secret War. After all right now most of the people on the life raft think of him as a villain and he's certainly a shade of grey character like Mags was at the time.

Not to mention whatever Hickman has planned in regards to the Phoenix it will have much more impact if it's weilded by a character everyone knows and has strong feelings about like Scott Summers.
    Last edited by Orbus; 05-08-2015 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    The Cabal secured the schematics...that's why Maker says he "learned" something. It was quid pro quo
    I agree that the Maker's statement of "learning" something must refer to the life raft, as he had one somehow in Secret Wars 1 (though I overlooked it on my first read through and it had to be pointed out to me by others). I got the impression that the life raft was designed after Maximus stole the crystal. The scene with the crystal is in Avengers 40, but the scene with the life raft schematics is in Avengers 42. The dialogue in Avengers 42 indicates that the life raft design was recently completed. I just didn't follow how he got the design. That's a very subtle plot thread, and, if Maximus did provide the design, then I still don't think it makes much sense given what has been shown on panel. Maybe Maximus stole a partial design that the Maker finished? Maybe Maximus' crystal retains its ability to search Reeds computer remotely?

Besides, I still don't understand why the Maker wouldn't simply expel the Cabal after finishing the design. Their motives for continuing their partnership will need to be explained in story. It's weird- the Maker doesn't know them. He just met them. They aren't the most enticing of people (Thanos, Terrax, and Corvus especially), yet Ultimate Reed decides to save them from obliteration?
    Last edited by Roundman; 05-08-2015 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Owen may not be a Beyonder but he was made by Beyonder interference.

Franklin could be too. We can't discount some Beyonder plan to gene splice Beyonder DNA onto human DNA because they want to find out what happens. Franky is more connected to the Multiverse associated with Earths, so he has more affinity to keeping it going, because family. Yes it's conjecture, but who guessed Owen was a time bomb, placed by the Beyonders, either?
    What Beyonder DNA? Pretty sure they aren't composed of material atoms and molecules, let alone deoxyribonucleic acid.... as for Owen, he's had a connection to the Beyonder/Beyonders for a while now.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    And they did not save any inhuman.
    Blackbolt was such a jobber , I almost laughed when I saw how easy he was taken out .

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    What Beyonder DNA? Pretty sure they aren't composed of material atoms and molecules, let alone deoxyribonucleic acid.... as for Owen, he's had a connection to the Beyonder/Beyonders for a while now.
    No I'm not sure what Beyonders are made of either. But whatever it is could have been spliced on Franky if they had something to do with interfering with Owen.

What about the One Above All, the Living Tribunal's boss? Did he fight the Beyonders? Didn't he care about the multiverse? Was he a Beyonder? Does he even exist? I really don't get it. The One Above All is literally the most powerful character in Marvel and the Marvel Multiverse should have stood or collapsed with him. But there if no hint of him. Could you please explain this?
    Spoliers!
    http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...all-the-living

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by damian View Post
    What about the One Above All, the Living Tribunal's boss? Did he fight the Beyonders? Didn't he care about the multiverse? Was he a Beyonder? Does he even exist? I really don't get it. The One Above All is literally the most powerful character in Marvel and the Marvel Multiverse should have stood or collapsed with him. But there if no hint of him. Could you please explain this?
    Spoliers!
    http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...all-the-living
    He is just another plot device, and nope I don't think anyone has mentioned or encounter The One Above All yet, maybe he is the white light? maybe he created Beyond/Beyonders.

Quote Originally Posted by scottsummer View Post
    He is just another plot device, and nope I don't think anyone has mentioned or encounter The One Above All yet, maybe he is the white light? maybe he created Beyond/Beyonders.
    A plot device that according to Marvel continuity exists, as confirmed by The Living Tribunal himself (and many others). Yet a plot device that has never appeared and never done anything. I'm guessing we will know the One Above All's influence before the end of this... well right at the end. Their work has just been undone and you think they will stand by and let that play out?

The One Above All is god ?

BANNED

Jack Kirby.

Some preview art for the next issue of Loki also showed Those Who Sit Above in Shadow, so that Last Days arc clearly will be dealing with a lot of the more powerful beings, and what they are doing during all this. Some people have kinda written off the Last Days arcs as not being important to the plot of Secret Wars (though obviously important to the characters who star in the books) but between this and the solicits for Silver Surfer, I think at least some of them will have some important things to contribute.

Basically, yes (or Stan Lee, one of the 2). Which is why it's unlikely we will never see them.