Page 55 of 73 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Out of sheer curiosity, did anyone read Secret Wars Prelude (2015)

before they read Secret Wars #1?

No.
    But it is a strange mix. Probably more relevant about future issues than the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundman View Post
    I agree that the Maker's statement of "learning" something must refer to the life raft, as he had one somehow in Secret Wars 1 (though I overlooked it on my first read through and it had to be pointed out to me by others). I got the impression that the life raft was designed after Maximus stole the crystal. The scene with the crystal is in Avengers 40, but the scene with the life raft schematics is in Avengers 42. The dialogue in Avengers 42 indicates that the life raft design was recently completed. I just didn't follow how he got the design. That's a very subtle plot thread, and, if Maximus did provide the design, then I still don't think it makes much sense given what has been shown on panel. Maybe Maximus stole a partial design that the Maker finished? Maybe Maximus' crystal retains its ability to search Reeds computer remotely?

Besides, I still don't understand why the Maker wouldn't simply expel the Cabal after finishing the design. Their motives for continuing their partnership will need to be explained in story. It's weird- the Maker doesn't know them. He just met them. They aren't the most enticing of people (Thanos, Terrax, and Corvus especially), yet Ultimate Reed decides to save them from obliteration?
    Agree. The crystal is the only possible link, but it isn't a great one. Also, Hickman has said that he added Maker later in the story rather than sooner because he didn't know in the beginning the UU was finishing. I think that contributed to the somewhat contrived nature of his relationship with the Cabal

Edit: I think a lot of confusion on the timing of events arises from the fact that many of the scenes in Times Runs Out are presented out of order (even though they are in close chronological proximity to each other). The best I can surmise is this:

1) Odinson et al confront the Beyonders
    2) Doom confronts the Beyonders and universe count goes down to 22
    3) Reed and T'Challa discover this (somehow in Necropolis, but before they come to terms with Rogers!)
    4) Reed gets the note from Val to not lose...this may very well have have happened before the universe count went to 22
    5) Illuminati decide to settle things with Rogers once they detect an oncoming Blue Incursion
    6) Maximus steals information from the Illuminati and stores it on the crystal. The data likely contains the 22 universe info....and possibly the life raft schematics. This is the only way I can figure how the Cabal got the plans for the life raft
    Last edited by Biclopcicle; 05-08-2015 at 01:18 PM.

It seems to me, given the size of the Raft, that many more might've been saved than those we see on panel. We see Carol, Quill, etc. join Reed and T'Challa, but that's just one section of the four sections in the Raft (at least, it seems like has four main terminals). Right?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    thanks Joe for coupling my posts.
    Just doing my part to keep things tidy.

The other sections were supposed to be filled with the cargo of Black Widow and Spider Woman.
    But they died.

Those we saw on the raft are likely to be the only ones on board.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    No, it's certain that we have.

Somewhat off-topic but I HATE the false ass-kissing in that scene. I'm almost certain that Jack wrote everything and Stan edited, cleaned it up, made it a bit more coherent. I'll give him that. But the above scene reads like the idiot who wrote it wants--or was instructed to--push the idea that Stan wrote everything and Jack simply followed orders.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 05-08-2015 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Deleted diatribe
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    Somewhat off-topic but I HATE the false ass-kissing in that scene. I'm almost certain that Jack wrote everything and Stan edited, cleaned it up, made it a bit more coherent. I'll give him that. But the above scene reads like the idiot who wrote it wants--or was instructed to--push the idea that Stan wrote everything and Jack simply followed orders.
    I suspect that Jack drew everything and had an idea in his head of what story he was telling with his pictures, that Stan sometimes did and sometimes did not follow... but you can really tell the difference between Stan dialogue and Jack dialogue, and early Marvel is mostly Stan dialogue, even if he wasn't always following Jack's intent in laying out the panels (e.g., Galactus being Galactus instead of God).

And since the scene in question is Mark Waid and not Stan Lee, I also suspect the ass kissing is not false in any way.... ;-)
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 05-08-2015 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Deleted diatribe in quoted post

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Boy... that was extremely sad, even though everyone will turn out to be alive.

Was 616 Punisher or Ult. Punisher?

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post

I hope not everyone turns out alive like those we actually saw die like Steve and Stark and maybe they don't have to have Aunt May survive. Her death has been a long time coming

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post

It was our 616 Frank, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It was our 616 Frank, I think.
    I thought I saw Ultimate Scorpion though in that panel though.

"Hey T'Challa"

"What Reed"

"Remember the good old days?"

http://fantastic4themes.tripod.com/i...hemes/mfbp.jpg

I didn't like the story at first but after rereading it a few times and talking to some and reading the thread I have become excited. Think i will just follow the main mini and RYV but the reason I am excited was because of the unusual group picked for the raft. It's not the same old same old main cast of heroes picked for an event

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I didn't like the story at first but after rereading it a few times and talking to some and reading the thread I have become excited. Think i will just follow the main mini and RYV but the reason I am excited was because of the unusual group picked for the raft. It's not the same old same old main cast of heroes picked for an event
    Yeah, it reminds me of the teams you could create on Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

My biggest fear is based on posts about the FCBD of Avengers and Rage of Ultron many are speculating that come September the marvel universe will be put back similar to the 616 and I don't want that. We saw it destroyed and it lacks meaning if everything goes back to how it was before Avengers 44. I want a different universe. I don't want the same 616 rebirthed. I want 616 Tony and Steve dead and replaced with other versions. Anyone who died before the incursions should stay dead and replaced