Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

If the rumors about what will happen to mutants post-Secret Wars are true, Cyclops could certainly use the powers of the Phoenix.

It also seems quite possible from the tie-ins that Thanos could leave Secret Wars possessing much if not all of the Infinity Gauntlet.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Scott's speech as he was being teleported, was probably my favorite part of the book.
    I liked the speech also. It also made me think of Xavier's dream and the many times it has died. To resurface again.

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    The other sections were supposed to be filled with the cargo of Black Widow and Spider Woman.
    But they died.
    Well, that was what they would've been filled with if Plan A had been followed. But they were on Plan B, which still supposedly involved saving as many as they could. Panther even says Manifold is going to continue working as they take off, so I think it's still possible that others were saved. But we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I thought I saw Ultimate Scorpion though in that panel though.
    No, the costume doesn't match up with Ultimate Scorpion. I don't think it matches the other Scorpion's costume either, though.

Just wondering if the Peter on the life raft is the same Peter in RYV or different

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    If the rumors about what will happen to mutants post-Secret Wars are true, Cyclops could certainly use the powers of the Phoenix.

It also seems quite possible from the tie-ins that Thanos could leave Secret Wars possessing much if not all of the Infinity Gauntlet.
    We still don't know what happened to the time stone do we? Didn't it disappear when Cap tried to stop an incursion with the IG?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    We still don't know what happened to the time stone do we? Didn't it disappear when Cap tried to stop an incursion with the IG?
    It reappeared to take Steve and other Avengers to the future in original sin and was then I think trapped at the end of time

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Just wondering if the Peter on the life raft is the same Peter in RYV or different
    The same with Carol in her book.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Is it right that mutants are given some eminent position at the end of the Universe with Scott's speech? That reeks of conceit on the mutants part. Why should they feel they are important? All of humanity is important. It seemed Scott/Phoenixs speech made himself and his mutants separated from the rest of humanity and a little arrogant.
    Do you mean the same humanity that has been massacring them for 50 years ?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    There's really no way for them to restart the human race with as few of people as they have. They have Captain Marvel and Thor are the only women present, and for men, you only have Reed Richards, T'Challa, Spider-man, Starlord, and Cyclops, and probably Miles Morales. Now, I imagine they have some sort of lab on board where you can manipulate genes to increase genetic diversity or some such comic book science save, but even then, that's not enough people to jumpstart the repopulation of the multiverse.
    Incest? Cloning?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Is it right that mutants are given some eminent position at the end of the Universe with Scott's speech? That reeks of conceit on the mutants part. Why should they feel they are important? All of humanity is important. It seemed Scott/Phoenixs speech made himself and his mutants separated from the rest of humanity and a little arrogant.
    Really?

It is because of this type of thing that has fans of X-mens who believes they are best in their own world alone.

His speech was not arrogant about life,death and resurrection and was not destined to any specific group and probably was not for him destroy the machines Reed Ultimate the lifeboat would not have escaped.

The X-Men were there fighting with other heroes saving lives when Steve and Stark were absent trying to kill each other and you buy fight with mutants?

If they believe they were special they would not be there helping instead were saving themselves and their students. What I can say is more than any hero or avenger already made by mutants.

I really hope mutants do not leave the Earth after SW would be like saying Xavier's dream is dead or give up the coexistence is not a very good message. Have hopes Cyclops make good use of the powers of the Phoenix.

Think of it now history only shows the vision End of the World heroes very little about ordinary people is shown, the media, world leaders and religious anything.
    Last edited by Knives; 05-09-2015 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    It reappeared to take Steve and other Avengers to the future in original sin and was then I think trapped at the end of time
    You have to appreciate how much dancing around other events Hickman had to do during this run without interrupting the Grand Plan.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    It's also a pretty logical first step to that sort of a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    You have to appreciate how much dancing around other events Hickman had to do during this run without interrupting the Grand Plan.
    I agree but he did make good use of OS because that's where he had Steve realized the betrayal and then I think he didn't even want to deal with Axis which started right after OS so he time jumped his books eight months so he didn't have to focus on any inversion crap. Even though Tony had the superior iron man armour he didn't act inverted in TRO

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    There's really no way for them to restart the human race with as few of people as they have. They have Captain Marvel and Thor are the only women present, and for men, you only have Reed Richards, T'Challa, Spider-man, Starlord, and Cyclops, and probably Miles Morales. Now, I imagine they have some sort of lab on board where you can manipulate genes to increase genetic diversity or some such comic book science save, but even then, that's not enough people to jumpstart the repopulation of the multiverse.
    Reed and T'Challa mentioned harvesting genetic material to reboot Humanity, so they probably have a lot of frozen sperm and ovas and a cloning machine.

BANNED

I hope 616 Jean grey rises as the Phoenix of White Crown and ends the war and revives everyone.