Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Why do we think anyone left on Earth will lose their memories? That would be really silly and frustrating.

Please tell me it won't basically be House of M with bigger and more important outcome.
    Since Doom rules Battleworld and is likely having godlike powers like before, he can probably manipulate all their minds, like how he has the Thor Corps patrolling everywhere. Not so much losing their memories as temporary believing others. Hopefully the Life Raft crew will be able to assist in their release?

BANNED

It really didn't seem like anyone survived at the very end watching the worlds collide and then we see doom.

Spideyparker75

Imagine how I feel when I get this next week? I havent read a Marvel comic (outside of Marvel UK) in 30 years.

How lost will I be?

But I want to be involved with this and see what comes out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    That looks like an after effect from him getting imbune with the force.
    I mean, I don't know how much it really matters, except that the Phoenix force has historically been destructive... but there are beam of light, like projectiles, expoding into the Maker/City air vessels on that panel

I'm probably in a minority here but I just didn't care for this issue. I wrote a full review with pictures here if anyone is interested.

In a lot of ways this event starts with a whimper rather than the bang it so desperately wants to accomplish. It feels like it simply exists and is one of the flattest opens to an event I’ve ever read. Unfortunately there’s no dramatic tension nor any semblance of drama to speak of and instead focuses more on preparing the pieces for the remaining seven issues. Ultimately summer comic book events should be fun, but this feels like work.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Since Doom rules Battleworld and is likely having godlike powers like before, he can probably manipulate all their minds, like how he has the Thor Corps patrolling everywhere. Not so much losing their memories as temporary believing others. Hopefully the Life Raft crew will be able to assist in their release?
    Yeah... besides reading original SW, people should read that OGN where he steals and amplifies Purple Man's powers to control the minds of the entire world. This is like his wet dream lol. Of course Hickman writes Doom a little more ennobled, so he will be an "enlightened despot" for Battleworld

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    I mean, I don't know how much it really matters, except that the Phoenix force has historically been destructive... but there are beam of light, like projectiles, expoding into the Maker/City air vessels on that panel
    It means a lot to you since thats what you want to push. That's fine.

Yes, Cyke is there. Definitely the savior of Earth-616.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Brian and Meggan do both appear to be in preview artwork. But it'll be important to stress that anyone you see in previews may be alternate versions of characters. Case in point that the She Hulk in A-Force might well be from Arcadia, not 616.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    I'm probably in a minority here but I just didn't care for this issue. I wrote a full review with pictures here if anyone is interested.

In a lot of ways this event starts with a whimper rather than the bang it so desperately wants to accomplish. It feels like it simply exists and is one of the flattest opens to an event I’ve ever read. Unfortunately there’s no dramatic tension nor any semblance of drama to speak of and instead focuses more on preparing the pieces for the remaining seven issues. Ultimately summer comic book events should be fun, but this feels like work.
    We were told everyone was going to die, but yea I said it earlier that we already know who's going to live post SW so it does take away the thunder. The ending panels pretty much suggest everyone dies with the exception of Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    It means a lot to you since thats what you want to push. That's fine.
    Just hope that, through discussion, we can all clarify plot points for each other, myself included, as they may have importance later on. For example, if Cyclops is a loose cannon in the series, that could be a good foreboding introduction to that. I could be wrong, just seeing the art, that is the best explanation I can come up with

Why would they save Starlord of all people. If they needed some space experience, Gamora is probably better.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Based Cyclops about to save the Marvel universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Just hope that, through discussion, we can all clarify plot points for each other, myself included, as they may have importance later on. For example, if Cyclops is a loose cannon in the series, that could be a good foreboding introduction to that. I could be wrong, just seeing the art, that is the best explanation I can come up with
    PF scott maybe a plot point, but I don't think it'll be that simple of explanation. Hickman's entire Avengers run has been heavy on Meta. So even though we have an idea of scotts plan, I doubt it'll play out to how many will think, especially how much investment Hickman has put into doom.

Defining what cyclops did in that issue isn't a plot point.

Edit We already know those on the life raft don't make it either.

We have the Thors book, we have Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde book, two characters who were on the life raft.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

That was a rather chaotic first issue, I guess you would expect it to be with two worlds ending.

I'm sure my boy Rocket is alright, just a flesh wound eh?