Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    So all the dinosaur divergent earths, and WW11 divergent Earths, all had Molecule Men put on them, just like the Silver Age Earth divergent Earths?
    They exist in the Marvel multiverse, and this story says every universe has a Molecule Man, so yes. That's what the word every means.

My concept sticks to the Multiverse generally staying with anything Silver Age divergent rather than pre-Silver Age divergences. And I consider Ultimate Universe to have started in 2000, and it assuming a retroactive history only, not existing before it was created. That may be a false assumption, but in this fictional environment, nothing existed until it was created. So MAX, MC2, MCU, UU, Marvel Adventures, Scotty Youngs Universe, are created on the day they are first published, because they couldn't be visited a year before, because it wasn't there.
    Nope, you're wrong. They all go back exactly as long as their histories say, which in most cases is billions of years to the Big Bang. Just because a place is introduced in a story in a particular year doesn't mean that place is not supposed to have existed before that in that fictional setting. From our perspective as readers, yes, of course, but from the perspective of characters in the story, unless they make a habit of breaking the fourth wall like Deadpool or She-Hulk perhaps, the perspective of readers and writers doesn't matter, and those billions of years of history of the newly discovered universe are just as 'real' as their own.

Okay, but of the Incursions the Illuminati encountered, they never had to murder an Earth that didn't have technological capability. A little convenient don't you think? How would that have looked, the Illuminati stuck with the decision to murder a planet just like us. That would have been traumatic?
    How many incursions happened before the Illuminati did anything? Could be billions. Yet who says it didn't happen. Just as there is a likely hood of their being worlds where the technology can't exist, there also exists a world where incursions never happened (or in the case of ours, in a comic ).
    Last edited by The Fury; 05-11-2015 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    It seems to me the majority of people that are having problems with SW#1 are those who haven't been along for the six months of buildup. I have and frankly I can't expect a Daredevil reader or Spiderman reader to be up to speed after that first issue. Based on Brevoort's comments, I don't think they did either. All of that should be rectified by next issue. If not, then the complaint is justified.

Unless someone is a New Avengers/Avengers reader, then theconversations of the failings of SW#1 would be of a different sort altogether
    As someone who only read Avengers (didn't care for the characters in New and thought Avengers would do me), I only knew half the story, still made no sense. I think that even if you read both, it still going to be complicated because of the premise. It's not exactly simple.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    As someone who only read Avengers (didn't care for the characters in New and thought Avengers would do me), I only knew half the story, still made no sense. I think that even if you read both, it still going to be complicated because of the premise. It's not exactly simple.
    Yeah if you only read one, its definitely not going to make sense. May even be worse than reading neither. If I were you (if you haven't already), get SW#0. The SW prelude is also decent for some backstory.

Maybe they can RetCon the Watchers back to some prominence.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Sometimes I wonder if it was no coincidence that the Council of Reeds were disposing of any Doom they came across, even the "good" ones like the one Nazi Reed killed. Could they have been unknowlingly influenced by the Beyonders?

Yes, where are the Watchers? That brings up another point- Beta Ray Bill has survived, but I don't think he was at the incursion site, at least not on-panel. Maybe he's an alt-Beta Ray Bill? If he is 616 Bill, then we can surmise that the Watchers could have survived without being in the incursion site either.

Edit: and where is old man Fury?
    Last edited by Biclopcicle; 05-11-2015 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if it was no coincidence that the Council of Reeds were disposing of any Doom they came across, even the "good" ones like the one Nazi Reed killed. Could they have been unknowlingly influenced by the Beyonders?
    I am really really curious to see how exactly Hickman relates his FF run to SW. We've got council of Reeds, mad Celestials, and Doom Universe, which are but a few possible elements that may arise

I am really really curious to see how exactly Hickman relates his FF run to SW. We've got council of Reeds, mad Celestials, and Doom Universe, which are but a few possible elements that may arise
    As far as we know, the Doomverse should still exist since it was a tabula rasa and I don't think there was but the one planet there. And the Priests and the Professors have an Infinity Gauntlet. Could that be something that Doom showed Doctor Strange?!

I also asked Hickman a non-spoilery question at the Secret Wars panel in Chicago, that is will we find out why Doom's acolytes the Black Swans were always female. He just joked and said it was because they hate men. But I just wonder if there is a reason for that too. Were they all a particular female from each multiverse?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-11-2015 at 08:26 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

As far as we know, the Doomverse should still exist since it was a tabula rasa and I don't think there was but the one planet there. And the Priests and the Professors have an Infinity Gauntlet. Could that be something that Doom showed Doctor Strange?!

I also asked Hickman a non-spoilery question at the Secret Wars panel in Chicago, that is will we find out why Doom's acolytes the Black Swans were always female. He just joked and said it was because they hate men. But I just wonder if there is a reason for that too. Were they all a particular female from each multiverse?
    Excellent points.

I do hope we get to see something done with the Priests and Professors. Though, as I speculated earlier, I'll be quite happy 'settling' for the two classified domains being Doom's Domain / Latveria, and Ultimate Reed's / Cabal's City.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Excellent points.

I do hope we get to see something done with the Priests and Professors. Though, as I speculated earlier, I'll be quite happy 'settling' for the two classified domains being Doom's Domain / Latveria, and Ultimate Reed's / Cabal's City.
    God, they couldn't at least tease that out this past week? I think I'll get my hands on SW#2 before they update that map

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Excellent points.

I would like to see those domains be a part of Battleworld too. Latveria is always a constant to Doom and Hickman has pretty much said that in past interviews so I would be willing to bet cash money on that. Haven't really thougtt about the Reed's city but yeah, that makes sense. It would not surprise me to see that there. Maybe Doom can work on getting Namor back on his side.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-11-2015 at 09:49 AM.

Yes, where are the Watchers? That brings up another point- Beta Ray Bill has survived, but I don't think he was at the incursion site, at least not on-panel. Maybe he's an alt-Beta Ray Bill? If he is 616 Bill, then we can surmise that the Watchers could have survived without being in the incursion site either.

Edit: and where is old man Fury?
    We know "everything dies", but it's also worth noting that we've witness one person survive an incursion "Hyperion" so it may be possible that some people amongst his power class are able to survive the incursions.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    We know "everything dies", but it's also worth noting that we've witness one person survive an incursion "Hyperion" so it may be possible that some people amongst his power class are able to survive the incursions.
    My namesake survived the deletion of it's universe, no reason why a few thousand other variants wouldn't either, if they are determined enough. :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    My namesake survived the deletion of it's universe, no reason why a few thousand other variants wouldn't either, if they are determined enough. :P
    Suddenly thinking if "The Fury" could survive a Beyonder...