Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1094

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if it was no coincidence that the Council of Reeds were disposing of any Doom they came across, even the "good" ones like the one Nazi Reed killed. Could they have been unknowlingly influenced by the Beyonders?
    It's a good point, knowing Dooms significance to the Incursions. Not really knowing the Council of Reeds purpose, there does appear to be a counter swing by Reeds against what the Rabum Alul ended up doing, and getting the Celestials off side didn't help either, so Reeds siding with the Beyonders looks a fair call. I just wonder does that mean the Reeds agreed with the MM blowing up the Multiverse eventually, but just not yet. I would think the Celestials attacked and killed the Reeds because the Celestials were eradicating anybody helping the Beyonders, until they faced the Beyonders and were eradicated themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by markallenchi View Post
    I didn't know it was Cyclops that said such prophetic words.

I think his rant was more about things to come. There has been much talk about Marvel changing the history of 'mutants" to be decendents of the Inhumans. I think most of this has to do with the movie rights to the word "mutant".

So, the idea of "mutants" can't be destoyed, it just comes back in a different form...AKA Inhuman. It's also probably a reference to the power of the phoenix
    I watched a episode of Agents of SHIELD and they are using Terrigen mists to make Inhumans in the MCU. They could retcon Wanda and Pietro as Inhumans in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    But, if Doom was right, the Beyonders are "lineal", they don't operate outside the timeline, so they won't mess with the past, meaning that the past of all those universes they destroyed is safe (not so sure about the universes Doctor "Rabum Alal" Doom destroyed)...that means that the past is still accesible and Kang an Immortus are probably rebuilding civilization in some remote past.
    All this because Doom and MM decided it was a good idea that they go back to when MM was made simultaneously in the Multiverse, and kill them all. So Kang and Immotus couldn't predict this and do anything about it, because it was a spur of the moment thing? Kang and Immortus knew in Original Sin at the end of time, but they didn't do anything to hunt down Doom before he could start the Incursions. Maybe Kang and Immortus are Doom after all, and like MM was a placement by Beyonders, Doom was a placement in the Silver Age to do just what he did by Kang?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I watched a episode of Agents of SHIELD and they are using Terrigen mists to make Inhumans in the MCU. They could retcon Wanda and Pietro as Inhumans in the movie.
    They could, but they didn't. They got their powers from spoilers:
    the Mind Stone in
    end of spoilers Loki's staff that Strucker was experimenting with, as referenced in the movie and the prequel comic for same.

I don't know why everybody seems so obsessed with insisting that any MCU superhuman who's not an alien or recipient of super-soldier serum or user of tech like Iron Man must therefore necessarily be an Inhuman. Even on Agents of SHIELD, where the Inhumans have been getting introduced early and just recently got named as such, it's perfectly clear that some bonafide superhumans, such as the Absorbing Man, are not Inhumans. With Creel, for example, spoilers:
    being Inhuman is ruled out by the Diviner almost killing him until he used his power to adapt
    end of spoilers. There may not be mutants, at least named as such, but it's clear that there are many possible origins in the MCU, apparently including just being genetically different from other humans (i.e., a mutant by any other name).

All this because Doom and MM decided it was a good idea that they go back to when MM was made simultaneously in the Multiverse, and kill them all. So Kang and Immotus couldn't predict this and do anything about it, because it was a spur of the moment thing? Kang and Immortus knew in Original Sin at the end of time, but they didn't do anything to hunt down Doom before he could start the Incursions. Maybe Kang and Immortus are Doom after all, and like MM was a placement by Beyonders, Doom was a placement in the Silver Age to do just what he did by Kang?
    I wouldn't assume they knew it was Doom. On the contrary, they claimed they couldn't identify the specific cause. Maybe the Library was inaccessible and unviewable to them, even from Limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    And that the Illuminati really, really should have thought of that. Send the entire population (or planet!) back a few billion years, that's far longer than anybody really can expect humans to persist as a species anyway.
    Gee, it makes me wonder now, that even the past hasn't been in solvated either, if the Illuminati never attempted it. It could be that as space-time was broken in a serious way with the time jumps of Logan ans Sue, that nothing of significants is worth it out in the past anymore. The fractures that been caused throughout the 616 are now horrendous, with so many alternative reality intrusions that have cropped up in the past couple of years, you go back in time, and it's just as chaotic. There'd be no point.

They could, but they didn't. They got their powers from spoilers:
    the Mind Stone in
    end of spoilers Loki's staff that Strucker was experimenting with, as referenced in the movie and the prequel comic for same.

I don't know why everybody seems so obsessed with insisting that any MCU superhuman who's not an alien or recipient of super-soldier serum or user of tech like Iron Man must therefore necessarily be an Inhuman. Even on Agents of SHIELD, where the Inhumans have been getting introduced early and just recently got named as such, it's perfectly clear that some bonafide superhumans, such as the Absorbing Man, are not Inhumans. With Creel, for example, spoilers:
    being Inhuman is ruled out by the Diviner almost killing him until he used his power to adapt
    end of spoilers. There may not be mutants, at least named as such, but it's clear that there are many possible origins in the MCU, apparently including just being genetically different from other humans (i.e., a mutant by any other name).
    Thanks for the correction on Wanda and Pietro.

Where have you seen the Absorbing Man? Was he in a movie or AoS?

Gee, it makes me wonder now, that even the past hasn't been in solvated either, if the Illuminati never attempted it. It could be that as space-time was broken in a serious way with the time jumps of Logan ans Sue, that nothing of significants is worth it out in the past anymore. The fractures that been caused throughout the 616 are now horrendous, with so many alternative reality intrusions that have cropped up in the past couple of years, you go back in time, and it's just as chaotic. There'd be no point.
    First off, I still don't buy that Logan and Sue managed to break something that stood up to all the stuff Kang, Immortus, and Zarrko pull habitually. Secondly, we really haven't seen the types of consequences you're talking about crop up when traveling in time, except maybe that one Hulk storyline. It wasn't really a factor in Planet X, or Eva Bell's shenanigans, or Spider-Verse, or Doom going back in time with Molecule Man, or anything of consequence really.

I wouldn't assume they knew it was Doom. On the contrary, they claimed they couldn't identify the specific cause. Maybe the Library was inaccessible and unviewable to them, even from Limbo.
    Yes, that's true. They couldn't remember.

Thanks for the correction on Wanda and Pietro.

Where have you seen the Absorbing Man? Was he in a movie or AoS?
    Agents of SHIELD. The Terrigen mists for the most part have been contained in alien (Kree) devices called Diviners, which detect whether somebody has Inhuman genetics or not. If not, touching them basically petrifies and then dusts you, very painfully.

Creel showed up as a superhuman with his classic power of being able to turn into any substance he touches, no specific origin given (presumably not related to Thor or Asgard in the MCU version). Yet when he grabbed a Diviner for HYDRA, it didn't let him alone - it started killing him like anybody else not Inhuman. It was only when he leveraged his power to overcome the effect that he managed to reverse the process. Anybody who is Inhuman has been able to touch the things with nothing happening at all, except releasing the mists in the appropriate place at the appropriate time.

First off, I still don't buy that Logan and Sue managed to break something that stood up to all the stuff Kang, Immortus, and Zarrko pull habitually. Secondly, we really haven't seen the types of consequences you're talking about crop up when traveling in time, except maybe that one Hulk storyline. It wasn't really a factor in Planet X, or Eva Bell's shenanigans, or Spider-Verse, or Doom going back in time with Molecule Man, or anything of consequence really.
    Maybe. I see your point, but how long were they involved with those alternative realities, to notice any variations? Hours, a day, 2 days? Maybe if you tried to live there, in those realities, you'd end up meeting a son you never had trying to kill you. It depends on the duration you stay there. Something scared off the Illuminati and Kang/Immortus.

Yes, that's true. They couldn't remember.
    They weren't forgetful, they said they never figured it out in the first place. Perhaps one of the reasons it will be Secret Wars is that none of the heroes will ever tell anybody what happened on Battleworld before the Earth and universe were brought back into existence, or that Doom was behind it.

Agents of SHIELD. The Terrigen mists for the most part have been contained in alien (Kree) devices called Diviners, which detect whether somebody has Inhuman genetics or not. If not, touching them basically petrifies and then dusts you, very painfully.

Creel showed up as a superhuman with his classic power of being able to turn into any substance he touches, no specific origin given (presumably not related to Thor or Asgard in the MCU version). Yet when he grabbed a Diviner for HYDRA, it didn't let him alone - it started killing him like anybody else not Inhuman. It was only when he leveraged his power to overcome the effect that he managed to reverse the process. Anybody who is Inhuman has been able to touch the things with nothing happening at all, except releasing the mists in the appropriate place at the appropriate time.
    Man, I think I missed that with Creed. We missed part of a series here in Australia.

They weren't forgetful, they said they never figured it out in the first place. Perhaps one of the reasons it will be Secret Wars is that none of the heroes will ever tell anybody what happened on Battleworld before the Earth and universe were brought back into existence, or that Doom was behind it.
    Thanks for the clarification on Kang and Immortus. But they didn't like Tony Stark Interferred with, so they tried to hold Steve and the Time Gem in the future.

Yeah, I've been wondering about the naming of the Event and what is the big secret. In the first Secret Wars, did anybody figure out why it was called a SECRET war?

Maybe. I see your point, but how long were they involved with those alternative realities, to notice any variations? Hours, a day, 2 days? Maybe if you tried to live there, in those realities, you'd end up meeting a son you never had trying to kill you. It depends on the duration you stay there. Something scared off the Illuminati and Kang/Immortus.
    Eva lived for years in an alternate 2099, and Spider-Verse had the other Spider-Men not reporting any such strangeness in their realities, nor the 616 Spider-Man experiencing it while spending a good long time in a variety of realities. There's really nothing to suggest that settling the past wouldn't have been a viable solution.