Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1094

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I watched a episode of Agents of SHIELD and they are using Terrigen mists to make Inhumans in the MCU. They could retcon Wanda and Pietro as Inhumans in the movie.
    Oh believe me they have started it already in the comics....
    Last edited by Peter Parker; 05-11-2015 at 05:45 PM.

Sometimes I feel sorry for writers only sometimes .

Bendis is constantly bombarded with the same questions we do here as well as other writers.

Anonymous asked: So, does you delayed x-men books still count even if Secret Wars 1 already changed everything? plus you didn't show how Scott got a Phoenix Egg. Perhaps you should have done that instead of turn straight characters in gays.

Bendis:
    tumblr_inline_no783oLCyT1rq5p7o_500.jpg

j42vis asked: Sir. I know in the latest event "secret wars" the universes are collide into one battle world, and I know there will be exciting stories about heroes. But one big questions. What about the civilians? Those non-powers? I mean how happens to their daily lives? For example, Gwen in ultimate universe (big ultimate fan BTW). WHAT HAPPENED TO HER??? And aunt May? Agent Hill? I just wonder.

Bendis:

tumblr_inline_no76xcQiLL1rq5p7o_500.jpg

source:
    http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...ill-count-even
    http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...ecret-wars-the

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Eva lived for years in an alternate 2099, and Spider-Verse had the other Spider-Men not reporting any such strangeness in their realities, nor the 616 Spider-Man experiencing it while spending a good long time in a variety of realities. There's really nothing to suggest that settling the past wouldn't have been a viable solution.
    Except for the spider hunters devouring all the spiders in Spiderverse. That shouldn't have happened if Silk never got released from a place she never existed in the 616, before Original Sin. As far as I recall 2099 was saved by luck from Space-Time collapse eating up people as you looked at them. I don't think the alternate realities were having as great a time as you make out. Didn't Eva lose her daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Oh believe me they have started it already in the comics....
    Really? Besides Inhumanity, are there ordinary humans opening bottles of green must in the comics like it is in Agents?

When Ultimate Reed first created the Children of Tomorrow, he went with them into the Dome to evolve with them for a thousand years. But he admitted by the end he was really straining to keep up with the abilities of the Children. I think depending on the depiction in the art he is supposed to have a much larger brain now. By the way, that helmet I think is a cross-universe theme for Hickman that goes back to the Brood invasion in ancient Egypt that led to the founding of S.H.I.E.L.D. whose memory is reflected in the helmets of the soldiers of the Eternal City, only Ultimate Reed's helmet I think is in the back supposed to provide room for his larger brain.

Ultimate Reed can also bud off versions of himself that can operate autonomously, although I believe that was only shown in later issues of Ultimates that Hickman may be choosing to ignore.

Amazing Member

Hey folks, i hope someone can help me with this one. I didn't read every single issue of Avengers and New Avengers in Hickman's run. I stopped boyh Avengers and New Avengers after the first arc. I was a huge fan of Hickman's Ultimates run and jumped on this as soon as I heard he was picking up that story which I always felt had been cut short and continuing it in Avengers and Secret Wars. I loved that short run a great deal so you can imagine how excited I am that it's now part of the basis for such a huge event. I plan on going back and reading the whole run, but for now I have a question: 616 Reed's life raft. If the only two remaining universes are being destroyed, where is the life raft headed? Also, can anyone tell me if there's an issue where he explains his plan for the life raft? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes, there are survivors of universal destruction. However, this last Incursion wasn't just an Incursion. It was also the death of the Multiverse.
    The Fury went into the space between universes before going back into a Universe. It was depicted as blank white space where nothing existed. In order for this life boat to survive it has to go somewhere, else where do you think the 'Life Boat' currently is?
    Last edited by The Fury; 05-12-2015 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post

Bendis is constantly bombarded with the same questions we do here as well as other writers.
    As the biggest writer at Marvel, it's kind of obvious he would be. He needs to come up with a standard answer of 'Ask Hickman'.

Haven't read all of the thread but I can't imagine it hasn't been said ten times atleast, Punisher wins the Secret War, period.

Lovely issue though, had to look up some background info as I wasn't up to speed with the current MU, but it was nice, can't wait for tomorrow!
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Really? Besides Inhumanity, are there ordinary humans opening bottles of green must in the comics like it is in Agents?
    Well you cant really say "besides Inhumanity" because that is the major Inhuman push, but yeah we also have Ms. Marvel who is a nuhuman. FCBD has established that the Terrigin Mists are moving along the MU still turning people. And most importantly they just retconed that:

spoilers:
    Magneto is not the father of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

I posted this in another thread but it is Secret Wars related. I just noticed that the Illuminati was prepared to destroy worlds right before they had noticed that they only less than two dozen Universes left. The Black Panther tried to steal or scuttle the Bombs so the illuminati could blackmail the UN to get Wakanda back and take the Cabal's place. This is also why they wanted Tony's files. This happens in the first 2 issues of TRO. We also know they were prepared to do this because they told us later they exhausted every option. So they were going to do exactly what Steve said...kill worlds. Granted Steve had no better answer. But they were going to do it until they realized there was no time left and it was pointless.
    Did anyone else notice the Illuminati were originally trying to replace the Cabal?

Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

Does anyone have any thoughts or theories on...

- How the broken time gem factors into SW. Does it?
    - How the future with Kang, Immortus and Iron Lad factors in (the same future featured in SHIELD). Love how Hickman shows how the moon was destroyed. But that makes me think things are unfolding just as planned.
    - How the "War" in the Avengers OS tie-in impact SW or what happens after. Black Widow said there was a war between the past and future and "ideas" were dying.

One of Hickman's main premises is, time is not linear. So, I wonder if he's saying time is just a never-ending loop. Once you get to the end, it start all over again. Maybe that's why Franklin told Cap, these things will happen because you can't change your nature, meaning, no matter how many times this happens, you aways do the same thing, Cap.

Universal constents.
    Mark Allen Chi

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post

Anonymous asked: So, does you delayed x-men books still count even if Secret Wars 1 already changed everything? plus you didn't show how Scott got a Phoenix Egg. Perhaps you should have done that instead of turn straight characters in gays.

Bendis:
    tumblr_inline_no783oLCyT1rq5p7o_500.jpg

j42vis asked: Sir. I know in the latest event "secret wars" the universes are collide into one battle world, and I know there will be exciting stories about heroes. But one big questions. What about the civilians? Those non-powers? I mean how happens to their daily lives? For example, Gwen in ultimate universe (big ultimate fan BTW). WHAT HAPPENED TO HER??? And aunt May? Agent Hill? I just wonder.

Bendis:

tumblr_inline_no76xcQiLL1rq5p7o_500.jpg

source:
    http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...ill-count-even
    http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...ecret-wars-the
    They're legit points. Secret Wars won't address them though.

Let's not forget in New Avengers #33, Doom claimed he had to keep anyone from seeing "the glory of the coming resurrection." That is one reason I have speculated Doom intended to use Molecule Men turned into nascient Cosmic Cubes by 616 Molecule Man to trap the Beyonders and then siphon off their energy to reboot the Multiverse, perhaps restoring as many original universes as he could. Doom's plan I contend therefore goes far beyond what the Illuminati could ever conceive because the Illuminati are simply deliberately ignorant savages compared to the glory of Doom.

Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1drman View Post
    Hey folks, i hope someone can help me with this one. I didn't read every single issue of Avengers and New Avengers in Hickman's run. I stopped boyh Avengers and New Avengers after the first arc. I was a huge fan of Hickman's Ultimates run and jumped on this as soon as I heard he was picking up that story which I always felt had been cut short and continuing it in Avengers and Secret Wars. I loved that short run a great deal so you can imagine how excited I am that it's now part of the basis for such a huge event. I plan on going back and reading the whole run, but for now I have a question: 616 Reed's life raft. If the only two remaining universes are being destroyed, where is the life raft headed? Also, can anyone tell me if there's an issue where he explains his plan for the life raft? Thanks

The life raft is partly constructed from the dead remains of the Living Tribune (after he and the other abstract were killed by the beyonders). The goal is for the raft to survive in the white space while they (worlds greatest minds) figure out how to re-start humanity. Aparently, Ultimate Reed got ahold of 616 Reed's plans (Ultimate Reed has probably been spying on them since Cataclysim)
    Mark Allen Chi