Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Why would they save Starlord of all people. If they needed some space experience, Gamora is probably better.
    Yeah... I get the impression that when Manifold starts acting on "need" he is acting subconsciously. I don't think he was actually working off a list of people. He just started putting people where they "needed" to go. After all, he was originally empowered/created by MM to fulfill Doom's "need" to find MM on each world. He doesn't have tabs on where MM is, but he can send Doom there.
    Last edited by Biclopcicle; 05-06-2015 at 07:32 AM.

Spideyparker75

Whether the overall story is executed well or not their is a sense, as someone approaching this cold, that history is being made with Marvel.

I know I sound ignorant,naive (insert adjective here) but I wonder how Mr Stan Lee feels about this happening in the marvel universe? I know he has said that he has preferred his early characters and that hes on board with this but still.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    We were told everyone was going to die, but yea I said it earlier that we already know who's going to live post SW so it does take away the thunder. The ending panels pretty much suggest everyone dies with the exception of Doom.
    I mean, I know a first issue to an event is all about setting things up, but there wasn't a single splash page or epic moment. That last panel was so drab and boring too!
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

Is Spider-Man (from 616) still alive? I don't care about spoilers because I can't make LCBS until next week.
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    PF scott maybe a plot point, but I don't think it'll be that simple of explanation. Hickman's entire Avengers run has been heavy on Meta. So even though we have an idea of scotts plan, I doubt it'll play out to how many will think, especially how much investment Hickman has put into doom.

Defining what cyclops did in that issue isn't a plot point.

Edit We already know those on the life raft don't make it either.

We have the Thors book, we have Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde book, two characters who were on the life raft.

maybe plot point wasnt the best term, but maybe foreshadowing of a future plot point. like Cyclops may be a wild card in the series, etc

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Call me a complexer, but I have a feeling that if Marvel is really trolling the X-Men Franchise, the next revelation will be that Scott Summers is an Inhuman.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    I mean, I know a first issue to an event is all about setting things up, but there wasn't a single splash page or epic moment. That last panel was so drab and boring too!
    The universe was ending, don't know how epic you wanted it to be.

Kinda dissapointed the Phoenix Egg subplot went nowhere. All Scott did was destroy some ships.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderOrange View Post
    Is Spider-Man (from 616) still alive? I don't care about spoilers because I can't make LCBS until next week.
    Yes he is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    maybe plot point wasnt the best word, but maybe foreshadowing of a future plot point. like Cyclops may be a wild card in the series, etc
    Doubt it, if Hickman is following Morrisons interpretation of the PF, then Cyclops either loses the PF, or dies. The PF is born when a Universe is created not dying... it's power is connected to the universe itself. No universe no power. Hickman has a fair understanding of continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    So who have died so far? On panel at least.
    - Back Widow
    - Spider-Woman
    What!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I'm also fully expecting for a lot of characters to come back towards the end. Personally, I'm hoping most of the ultimate characters don't make it through. I use to be a big fan of that universe but ever since Ultimatum I have been put off by them. Give us Miles and maybe Cloack and Dagger and kill off the rest Marvel.
    I'd be down with Miles and his supporting cast, Ultimate Fury, and Ultimate Reed.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    I think it's safe to say, and please someone tell me I'm wrong here, that this book lacked any epic splash pages or fun moments.
    I'd say you're wrong.

Cyclop's gambit coming to fruition, Ultimate Reed tricking Fury and co., the fastball special, Punisher's suicide run, and Reed, the one notable guy in the Illuminati who lost nothing throughout Avengers/New Avengers, losing it all in the last seconds, were all either fun or epic moments.

Opinions are opinions, but I don't think that's safe to say.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    What!
    They died while piloting the plane to get the doctors to that ship thing FF built.

Ultimate Member

Folks might need to read Hickman's Ultimates run to get some background on Ultimate Reed's "Children".