Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1094
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I just want him to save Sue and Ben, that's all really.
    This. I love Sue, she's my favorite female character. Plus, how can Hickman kill Franklin off when he stated in the FF book during his run that Franklin would be the last person alive at the end of time along with Galactus? He can't. And if Franklin is alive, you can bet the rest of them are as well.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    This. I love Sue, she's my favorite female character. Plus, how can Hickman kill Franklin off when he stated in the FF book during his run that Franklin would be the last person alive at the end of time along with Galactus? He can't. And if Franklin is alive, you can bet the rest of them are as well.
    I'm thinking that white light enveloping Sue, Ben and the Kids is Doom plucking them out if the incursion event

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    I'm thinking that white light enveloping Sue, Ben and the Kids is Doom plucking them out if the incursion event
    But we did see a body go floating when the ship was destroyed. Someone died.

Quote Originally Posted by damian View Post
    If true, this is HUGE
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Neither Franklin nor Owen is a Beyonder. Owen is a 'time bomb' created by the Beyonders with a small portion of their power. Franklin is just what he appears to be, a human mutant with the potential to rival the Celestials and the Beyonders and make Galactus his herald.
    Actually, he was shown in Hickman's FF run to have greater powers than them, not just rival their power. Adult Franklin took down two or three Celestials while Galactus helped down another two or three.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But we did see a body go floating when the ship was destroyed. Someone died.
    I don't think Doom wouldn't exactly be all that caring what happened to mortal enemy Ben Grimm. Another advantage of Ben Grimm's being ejected is he might actually survive being in white space.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    I grew up loving Marvel over DC, but this was a hot mess, and even Convergence and the New 52 in general has been better and easier to follow than Secret Wars and the way that Marvel is trying to do their reboot. I wouldn't be surprised if it only went down hill from issue #1. Oh well. I guess after over 50 years of continuity getting more and more confusing, a Marvel reboot was going to be necessary at some point, and the time is now. It's ironic that one of Marvel's biggest advantages over DC has always been continuity instead of constant reboots and multiverses, but now Marvel is doing the same thing that it and all its fans teased DC about. And I don't have any faith that this new Marvel reboot will be any better than the New 52 that everybody complained and cried about so much. I sure hope I am wrong, though.
    Yep. While I still read some of DC's New 52 books (mostly the Bat books) I wish DC would go back to the old DCU. Some of my favorite characters don't even exist now in the New 52 (like Wally). If Marvel does a complete reboot, I'll be very disappointed. Hopefully Marvel realizes that fans don't want this and they somehow keep the MCU together with a few Ultimate Marvel characters mixed in (like Miles).

If only 616 Reed Richards had thought to show Clyde Wyncham the comics from the original Secret Wars, perhaps even drawn by Steve Rogers in the 616 universe, then perhaps Clyde Wyncham's powers would have been enough to command even Beyonders.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    My namesake survived the deletion of it's universe, no reason why a few thousand other variants wouldn't either, if they are determined enough. :P
    Exactly. And with Captain Britain's access to Otherworld, why couldn't he, Meggan and others survive as well?

Exactly. And with Captain Britain's access to Otherworld, why couldn't he, Meggan and others survive as well?
    Merlyn's Otherworld was overrun by the Mapmakers and it has been destroyed too (if Asgard can't survive, why would Otherworld be different?).

Yep. While I still read some of DC's New 52 books (mostly the Bat books) I wish DC would go back to the old DCU. Some of my favorite characters don't even exist now in the New 52 (like Wally). If Marvel does a complete reboot, I'll be very disappointed. Hopefully Marvel realizes that fans don't want this and they somehow keep the MCU together with a few Ultimate Marvel characters mixed in (like Miles).
    I don't think Marvel is going after a huge reboot/retcon as in DC. But also somekind of big aftermath must be left after all this event. Which one? Who knows. But I doubt there will be restored the multiverse, and maybe that will be the cause Miles stay in the mainstream earth.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Merlyn's Otherworld was overrun by the Mapmakers and it has been destroyed too (if Asgard can't survive, why would Otherworld be different?).
    Let me rephrase. With CB's space travelling abilities, he should be able to survive (and one would assume he would take Meggan and some others with him)

Fantastic Member

If true, this is HUGE
    I hope not, but really the X-Men franchise has been so marginalized now that this change wouldn't hurt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    I don't think Doom wouldn't exactly be all that caring what happened to mortal enemy Ben Grimm. Another advantage of Ben Grimm's being ejected is he might actually survive being in white space.
    What have we seen of Ben Grimm on Battleworld?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    What have we seen of Ben Grimm on Battleworld?
    Well there's supposed to be a Ben Grimm, not sure if it's 616 or not, in Guardians of Knowhere according to rumors.