Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1094

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    After reading this, I can only say that a hard re-boot (or reset) is coming

I mean, we had a whole raft of major characters die.
    I hope not. Hickman did a fast forward 8 months with things like cannionball being a dad and sunspot leading the avengers. That told me none of this was going to happen, they'd change time to be back to what the marvel U was like before the 8 months later thing.

I boycotted DC because they stopped caring about continuity, hope Marve; doesn't do the same. Their movie universe is more popular due to it's continuity.
    Thor: "I was flying through the cosmos, on my way to Midgard, when something struck me in the face. It was blood."

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Sometimes I feel sorry for writers only sometimes .

Bendis is constantly bombarded with the same questions we do here as well as other writers.

Anonymous asked: So, does you delayed x-men books still count even if Secret Wars 1 already changed everything? plus you didn't show how Scott got a Phoenix Egg. Perhaps you should have done that instead of turn straight characters in gays.

Bendis:
    Attachment 22043

j42vis asked: Sir. I know in the latest event "secret wars" the universes are collide into one battle world, and I know there will be exciting stories about heroes. But one big questions. What about the civilians? Those non-powers? I mean how happens to their daily lives? For example, Gwen in ultimate universe (big ultimate fan BTW). WHAT HAPPENED TO HER??? And aunt May? Agent Hill? I just wonder.

Bendis:

Attachment 22044

source:
    http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...ill-count-even
    http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...ecret-wars-the
    oh no he is bombarded by a computer he can easily turn off. if he didn't want good questions like those don't write bad stories.
    Thor: "I was flying through the cosmos, on my way to Midgard, when something struck me in the face. It was blood."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I hope not. Hickman did a fast forward 8 months with things like cannionball being a dad and sunspot leading the avengers. That told me none of this was going to happen, they'd change time to be back to what the marvel U was like before the 8 months later thing.

I boycotted DC because they stopped caring about continuity, hope Marve; doesn't do the same. Their movie universe is more popular due to it's continuity.
    Marvel has said time after time that continuity still counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Marvel has said time after time that continuity still counts.
    They will be cute about it, think of One More Day as a blueprint. The Spider-Man/MJ marriage still "counts", but nobody remembers it but the readers, and MJ is not really in Spider-Man anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    They will be cute about it, think of One More Day as a blueprint. The Spider-Man/MJ marriage still "counts", but nobody remembers it but the readers, and MJ is not really in Spider-Man anymore.
    That's not really being "cute" or something. That's bending the existing rules and taking advantage of loopoles.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Well there's supposed to be a Ben Grimm, not sure if it's 616 or not, in Guardians of Knowhere according to rumors.
    There will be a Thing in Planet Hulk but it's not confirmed if it is Ben; and Gillen has a Ben Grimm in Siege.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm now thinking Hickman will find it irresistable to have the Thing breaking into Doom's citadel one last time, with Ben Grimm going undercover in Battleworld and uncovering Doom and the Beyonders' secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by exiled View Post
    I posted this in another thread but it is Secret Wars related. I just noticed that the Illuminati was prepared to destroy worlds right before they had noticed that they only less than two dozen Universes left. The Black Panther tried to steal or scuttle the Bombs so the illuminati could blackmail the UN to get Wakanda back and take the Cabal's place. This is also why they wanted Tony's files. This happens in the first 2 issues of TRO. We also know they were prepared to do this because they told us later they exhausted every option. So they were going to do exactly what Steve said...kill worlds. Granted Steve had no better answer. But they were going to do it until they realized there was no time left and it was pointless.
    Did anyone else notice the Illuminati were originally trying to replace the Cabal?
    I wonder, does the Illuminti or Cabal killing worlds actually kill that population, but if you let an Incursion happen between two Earths, nobody dies, but they go to Battleworld?

Quote Originally Posted by markallenchi View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts or theories on...

- How the broken time gem factors into SW. Does it?
    - How the future with Kang, Immortus and Iron Lad factors in (the same future featured in SHIELD). Love how Hickman shows how the moon was destroyed. But that makes me think things are unfolding just as planned.
    - How the "War" in the Avengers OS tie-in impact SW or what happens after. Black Widow said there was a war between the past and future and "ideas" were dying.

One of Hickman's main premises is, time is not linear. So, I wonder if he's saying time is just a never-ending loop. Once you get to the end, it start all over again. Maybe that's why Franklin told Cap, these things will happen because you can't change your nature, meaning, no matter how many times this happens, you aways do the same thing, Cap.

Universal constents.
    No idea on the broken time gem, because it appeared specifically for Steve Rogers and no one else in the Multiverse, perhaps because it was 616 time gem.

The Kangs wanted to stop Steve from stopping Tony, but they failed, and Steve stopped Tony. Funny thing about the fractured Moon. That alters the Moons mass, and mass by velocity makes the Moon swing out to a wider orbit and changes the tides on Earth because of the reduction in Gravity effects.

The time isn't linear idea means the future was happening the same time as the present. The Kangs didn't want their future to disappear by Incursions happening in the now, and so when the last Incursion destroyed the 616, the Kangs future disappeared at the same time. That was the war of the future and the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    This. I love Sue, she's my favorite female character. Plus, how can Hickman kill Franklin off when he stated in the FF book during his run that Franklin would be the last person alive at the end of time along with Galactus? He can't. And if Franklin is alive, you can bet the rest of them are as well.
    Probably because Incursion death isn't the end of time, as someone pointed out to me. The Incursions are probably a blip in the course of the evolution of the universe, that (when Earth is restored after Secret Wars) in a few Billion years at the true end of the universe Franky and Galactus will be the only ones left. I don't think Franky is dead. Not knowing what Franky really is, I don't think you can kill him. If anything, Franky will just shift to the Beyonder space, out in the beyond.
    Last edited by jackolover; 05-12-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    If only 616 Reed Richards had thought to show Clyde Wyncham the comics from the original Secret Wars, perhaps even drawn by Steve Rogers in the 616 universe, then perhaps Clyde Wyncham's powers would have been enough to command even Beyonders.
    Clyde Wyncham? He's the High Evolutionary isn't he? What's showing HE the pics of the first SW going to do to increase his powers?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Clyde Wyncham? He's the High Evolutionary isn't he? What's showing HE the pics of the first SW going to do to increase his powers?
    The High Evolutionary is Herbert Wyndham. Clyde Wyncham is the Mark Millar created character from 1985 who made the jump to 616 in Millar's Fantastic Four. Wyncham at full power can apparently devastate universes just like a Beyonder can. He can also command at least comics villains from other universes if he has read about them in his comics.

Spectacular Member

I wonder, does the Illuminti or Cabal killing worlds actually kill that population, but if you let an Incursion happen between two Earths, nobody dies, but they go to Battleworld?
    I think we will find out soon!

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    The High Evolutionary is Herbert Wyndham. Clyde Wyncham is the Mark Millar created character from 1985 who made the jump to 616 in Millar's Fantastic Four. Wyncham at full power can apparently devastate universes just like a Beyonder can. He can also command at least comics villains from other universes if he has read about them in his comics.
    Damn. That is some power set. Is he from a race with that power, or is he like that cartoon character in the Initiative with the big hammer he pulls out of his pocket? Because this Wyncham sounds like a Millar deus ex machina, not to be taken seriously.

Damn. That is some power set. Is he from a race with that power, or is he like that cartoon character in the Initiative with the big hammer he pulls out of his pocket? Because this Wyncham sounds like a Millar deus ex machina, not to be taken seriously.
    He's the only mutant from the universe that lies right beside ''our'' 1218 universe (i.e. 1219).

Millar's 1985 and Fantastic Four run are in my opinion a homage to Secret Wars, just like Hickman's Marvel run is, although Hickman obviously attained much great buy-in from the rest of the company. Clyde Wyncham is basically Mark Millar's stand-in for the Beyonder, with Wyncham having a childlike brain because his mother struck him and damaged his brain after Clyde Wyncham rose his father from the dead.

There is the same Doom is the one contesting the Beyonder trying to steal his powers as I believe Hickman is showing.

That leads me to wonder if Hickman is thinking the same as Millar and many others seem to have pondered, that the biggest victim of Secret Wars was the character of the Thing. There is an argument to be made that if Secret Wars had never happened, Ben Grimm the Thing might have joined the pantheon of Marvel characters with permanent solo titles. So Millar in his Fantastic Four storyline pointedly invents a sideplot where Ben Grimm is threatened with change, here getting married to a non-powered ordinary human woman, and where this change is stopped at the last minute. That's why I am wondering if Hickman has something really special in mind for Ben Grimm, perhaps confronting Doom one last time in Doom's citadel on Battleworld like the good old days. Recall in Hickman's Fantastic Four, he made Ben Grimm very long lived, aging only one day a year when he turned back to human form, so that Ben Grimm lived to see the golden age of humanity that Franklin Richards helped mold.