Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Why would they save Starlord of all people. If they needed some space experience, Gamora is probably better.
    I honestly think that the teleportation was random on who it picked up, besides if I recall the raft would only hold about 60 people so it wasn't like everyone was going to make it aboard.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Call me a complexer, but I have a feeling that if Marvel is really trolling the X-Men Franchise, the next revelation will be that Scott Summers is an Inhuman.
    If you actually think the X-Men are dead, you might be a complexer.

BANNED

Kinda dissapointed the Phoenix Egg subplot went nowhere. All Scott did was destroy some ships.
    I'm not, I don't think Hickman wanted it to be THAT simple of a fix. I think that's a taunting point to the fans. Specifically the cyclop fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Doubt it, if Hickman is following Morrisons interpretation of the PF, then Cyclops either loses the PF, or dies. The PF is born when a Universe is created not dying... it's power is connected to the universe itself. No universe no power. Hickman has a fair understanding of continuity.
    Thanks, I haven't read Morrison's run (yet). So....that means the PF is tied to its own universe, no? So it will not exist or have power outside of it's own reality (like the infinity gems)?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Thanks, I haven't read Morrison's run (yet). So....that means the PF is tied to its own universe, no? So it will not exist or have power outside of it's own reality (like the infinity gems)?
    Yes, best way to look at it.

Edit: during Morrison's run you had the Phoenix COrps which was an interesting concept. Each universe had it's own PF weilder and were tied to it's own universe.

I'm not, I don't think Hickman wanted it to be THAT simple of a fix. I think that's a taunting point to the fans. Specifically the cyclop fanbase.
    Yeah, it would have been an easy fix. TBH, when I was reading, I was thinking "it's gonna suck when Cyclops' plan fails", but he didn't even get a chance to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Not so sure about that. In Remender's UXF the AoA PF worked in 616.

My guess is the Phoenix Egg stuff will still come into play, I wonder if Cyclops surviving is why there are so many alternate X-Men zones on Battleworld.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Amazing Member

The issue was fun, but I feel kind of bad for the Ultimate Universe. They go through all that crap like Ultimatum, then make it all the way to the final Incursion, then get tricked by the maker into fighting 616. Not only that it wasn't even much of a fight. Yeah 616 took some losses but from what I saw and maybe I was misreading, they were winning the fight. Poor 1610.

Spideyparker75

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Folks might need to read Hickman's Ultimates run to get some background on Ultimate Reed's "Children".
    And the rest lol

Any other titles you would reccommend? What about these SW preludes Im hearing about? Any involving the Avengers or Spidey?

The universe was ending, don't know how epic you wanted it to be.
    I mean like a moment for a character to save the day kind of thing. This is instead just stuff happening to them. I guess that it's not Hickman's style to have the characters do something extraordinary.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Spideyparker75

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    If you actually think the X-Men are dead, you might be a complexer.
    Just noticed your Avatar is Tarn

Now thats a guy I know lol

BANNED

Yeah, it would have been an easy fix. TBH, when I was reading, I was thinking "it's gonna suck when Cyclops' plan fails", but he didn't even get a chance to fail.

Not so sure about that. In Remender's UXF the AoA PF worked in 616.
    Remender has gotten continuity wrong, not just in UXF, but in UA as well. I wouldn't use him as a reference so much.

worth noting that cyclops saved himself. no one tried to get him, they were going to leave him.

so reed only planned to restart humanity with exactly one mutant? beast. beast...

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I'd say you're wrong.

Cyclop's gambit coming to fruition, Ultimate Reed tricking Fury and co., the fastball special, Punisher's suicide run, and Reed, the one notable guy in the Illuminati who lost nothing throughout Avengers/New Avengers, losing it all in the last seconds, were all either fun or epic moments.

Opinions are opinions, but I don't think that's safe to say.
    I suppose you're right, but I didn't feel they were depicted visually in any fantastic or fun way. Instead reduced to smaller panels.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    I mean like a moment for a character to save the day kind of thing. This is instead just stuff happening to them. I guess that it's not Hickman's style to have the characters do something extraordinary.
    You had a Colossus/Hulk fast ball special, that was pretty damn extraordinary.

You also had frank castle crashing Fisk's party matrix style trench coat guns ready to blaze. (Set up for his EOD tie-ins)