• Dalak

6 100.00%
    Mighty Member

Default Rumblers League - Spring 2015 / Week 7 - Duskman vs Dalak

Rumbler's League Spring 2015 Week 7

Duskman

vs

Dalak

Arena: Battle for Koom Valley (Discworld - Dwarves vs Trolls)

Rules:

• Competitors cannot post here in the first hour after the Thread goes up, or in the last hour before the poll closes. Violation of this rule results in a loss of 1 vote point.
    • Each Competitor gets up to 30 posts to debate their positions.
    • Non-debate posts must either be posted in the discussion thread or, if they have to be posted here, must be labeled as a non-debate post.
    • All players in the League are strongly encouraged to vote in every match.
    • Each Competitor is expected to Vote for their own team, otherwise the final vote will be short by 1.
    • Only one member of a 2-man team may vote for their team.
    • Non-players are welcome to vote, however, for their votes to count they must either participate in the debates and/or state why they chose to vote as they did.
    • The Matches will last for 3 days, which means they will end on Saturday of each week.

Mighty Member

Default Duskman Strat

TIGER & BUNNY
    Activate Hundred Power, zoom over to the enemy and use their Mega Man/X weapons Gravity Hold/Crush powers to throw the enemy team into the air. If the enemy is already flying upwards, this will propel them upwards faster, throwing their movements off. They’ll take advantage of this to punch any enemy they can reach, which should be all of them, faster and harder than the enemy should be able to react.

ULTRA-BOY
    Grabs several of Skitter’s giant spiders and carries them towards the enemy. Any enemy that manages to tank or dodge Tiger & Bunny, Ultra-Boy will use Ghost Mode intangibility to phase himself and Skitter’s spiders into the enemies bodies, then letting go to let them go solid. The spiders will be venting poison from every area of their body that Ultra-Boy isn’t touching. So, if solidifying in the enemy doesn’t hurt, the poison might do something.

WITCHY-POO
    Witchy-Poo hovers high in the battlefield, and uses “Titanic Growth” cards on Tiger & Bunny and Ultra Boy, briefly making them increase to massive size to further enhance their ludicrous power.

SKITTER
    Let’s a few of her spiders get carried by Ultra-Boy. She then huddles the rest of her spiders into a giant ball of spiders and just starts bleeding an ocean of poison everywhere. She then dogpiles her wasps and giant ants (carried by the wasps) onto any of the enemy Ultra-Boy and Tiger & Bunny don’t manage to take out. They’ll drown the enemy in their own gore or the venom.

Mighty Member

Default Dalak Strat

Arena Notes –

Now Koom Valley has no big NPC's (Unless DEATH shows up as it's the Disc), but here Light is lazy and slow and doesn't move as fast as elsewhere. I don't think that's going to affect people/things that move that fast, but it will affect Lasers or light based effects/blasts. I don't know if it would affect pure magic, transmutation/nuclear energy, or more esoteric effects so I'm going to assume it won't but strat so it won't matter either way. I'd also like to point out how brutal this team would be to face had the Speed Cap not been instituted, and that aside from the Magic Card issues I've also suffered it is quite impressive.

First Moves –

Brainstorm is going to abuse Team Duskman's lack of general Psi defense with Black on TP duty, and Ronnie/Reed ghosting before whipping up a Battle- H.E.R.B.I.E. Squad with Dwarf Star Metal thrown into the standard Adamantium/Vibranium mix with the strength to tangle with 100x foes and the mass to resist getting punched off the Disc. With the MotherCap on Reed/Ronnie/Black can also use her for strategic Boomtubes, other tweaks to the MotherCap itself, or to use her sensors to track down stealthy foes.

Blackest Mage spams electric death, Crimson Bands, FF spells, and otherwise go hog wild. He might even indulge in some Stabbity Death if anyone gets too close. He can enhance his weapons with Magic, which early in the comic didn't help much will be far more lethal now. Bunny might be able to weather the magical onslaught, but BM has been able to head-stab people far more durable than he for years now.

Technus XLR will ASAP let loose with nukes, guns with hard ammunition, missiles of all stripes, rocket-fists, and non-laser based weaponry of other sorts. Maybe ecto-energy will bypass the lazy light conundrum, but it isn't necessary considering the damage he can unleash on Koom Valley. Any arena devoid of technology I assume will wind up a wasteland to be replaced later with his 'glorious electronic creations'.

Allegro speeds/slows targets as per her usual S.O.P. Otherwise she does her best to be a general nuisance to Team Duskman and keep time flowing in the case of any Time Stop effects being used

Dr McNinja will use his skills and speed to make up for relative lack of strength, as his sword cuts anything though that shouldn't hurt him too much.

Follow Up –

Considering that any venom as well as Witchy-Poo can be transmuted, and the powerlevel my team brings to the table the above should be all that's necessary: Psi-assault, robot army, magical and nuclear annihilation, Time tricks used offensively & defensively, and an Invincible-class Ninja benefiting from the inverse ninja rule. I'd be surprised the the majority of the valley is still intact for that matter, but as Brainstorm is playing defense after those initial moves and the AoE death dealers can deal out more targeted clean-up efforts there shall be no escapees. Koom Valley is only so big after all, and I've got casual city-busters on my team.

Contingencies –

-My team will work together to react to any unexpected 'porting/misdirection/forms of attack/time or D dumps/deaths & injuries/etc at the best of their abilities. They will use their abilities without holding back, as fast as possible, and above all as strategically as possible. No one on this team is tactically stupid anymore. A Mind Link will be created as quickly as feasible so updates to Reed's instructions/plans will be shared directly.

-When I say ' Battle- H.E.R.B.I.E.' I mean a regular Herbie upgraded with the most advanced technology Reed can now imagine to make it more effective at fighting at the level of the League. I.E. Everything shy of Ult-Nullifier weaponry, super-speed at the Cap without the Time-Belt tech backup if possible, and the best defenses he can conceive of that are practical. This guy knows Pym Particles too, so miniaturization of normally huge things is a possibility.

-The MotherCap is a better and more powerful machine giving even more of a boost to Brainstorm's mind, both intelligence and psionics. It'll also be far more resistant to Technopathy due to the Motherbox in the mix. For that manner so is Megas as Technus is actually possessing it instead of just using 'technopathy' like so many others have with his own boosted ghostiness. Danny Phantom ghosts are neither science or magic specifically, though both have methods of dealing with ghosts and ghosts that use them. They are beings from another dimension after all, not an afterlife per-se.

-Skitter's bugs just aren't at the level they'd need to withstand firepower of this magnitude (Belated May the 4th everyone!) They can also be drowned in seawater which can easily whipped up here with all the other water n'such..

-Tiger and Bunny are going to need to hit intangibles to harm Brainstorm, use the right attacks to get past BM's Job defenses, and get past Technus and McNinja to get to Tempo to pull off Time Stops. Speeds being equal, skill will win out over strength.

-Ultra Boy is running with Speed Default I'm assuming, so his Kirby powers will be respected by ridding him of the Hat or transmuting/summoning something gut wrenching for him to swallow if he tries to suck in any on my team.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    TIGER & BUNNY
    Activate Hundred Power, zoom over to the enemy and use their Mega Man/X weapons Gravity Hold/Crush powers to throw the enemy team into the air. If the enemy is already flying upwards, this will propel them upwards faster, throwing their movements off. They’ll take advantage of this to punch any enemy they can reach, which should be all of them, faster and harder than the enemy should be able to react.
    Do they have Anti-Psi defenses? If Bunny doesn't have something decent to stack the Sun Disc onto, Manchester Black's enhanced telepathy will break both of them along with the rest of the team. That is just the first of the things they will have to endure as part of zooming over, as well as locating them quickly in the midst of the storm.

ULTRA-BOY
    Grabs several of Skitter’s giant spiders and carries them towards the enemy. Any enemy that manages to tank or dodge Tiger & Bunny, Ultra-Boy will use Ghost Mode intangibility to phase himself and Skitter’s spiders into the enemies bodies, then letting go to let them go solid. The spiders will be venting poison from every area of their body that Ultra-Boy isn’t touching. So, if solidifying in the enemy doesn’t hurt, the poison might do something.
    Intangibility will work against most of the attacks headed his way, but McNinja and TP can cut it. The Doc can specifically punch ghosts by humming/singing the Ghostbuster's theme and focusing his chi.

WITCHY-POO
    Witchy-Poo hovers high in the battlefield, and uses “Titanic Growth” cards on Tiger & Bunny and Ultra Boy, briefly making them increase to massive size to further enhance their ludicrous power.
    Bigger foes have larger pressure points, and can have multiple H.E.R.B.I.E's gang up on them easier. Of course as Witchy-Poo does nothing else I'm not sure she'll be able to defend herself from such a varied mix of attacks coming her way - Robots, TP, Transmutation, WTF-splosion, and McNinja.

SKITTER
    Let’s a few of her spiders get carried by Ultra-Boy. She then huddles the rest of her spiders into a giant ball of spiders and just starts bleeding an ocean of poison everywhere. She then dogpiles her wasps and giant ants (carried by the wasps) onto any of the enemy Ultra-Boy and Tiger & Bunny don’t manage to take out. They’ll drown the enemy in their own gore or the venom.
    Robot Army > Insect Army, Venom is transmutable I'd suspect, and the levels of mindless destruction here are staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Do they have Anti-Psi defenses?
    Of course not. That would be cheating.

If Bunny doesn't have something decent to stack the Sun Disc onto, Manchester Black's enhanced telepathy will break both of them along with the rest of the team. That is just the first of the things they will have to endure as part of zooming over, as well as locating them quickly in the midst of the storm.

Intangibility will work against most of the attacks headed his way, but McNinja and TP can cut it. The Doc can specifically punch ghosts by humming/singing the Ghostbuster's theme and focusing his chi.

Bigger foes have larger pressure points, and can have multiple H.E.R.B.I.E's gang up on them easier. Of course as Witchy-Poo does nothing else I'm not sure she'll be able to defend herself from such a varied mix of attacks coming her way - Robots, TP, Transmutation, WTF-splosion, and McNinja.
    Uh-huh.

Robot Army > Insect Army, Venom is transmutable I'd suspect, and the levels of mindless destruction here are staggering.
    Nobody likes bugs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskman View Post
    Of course not. That would be cheating.
    There are several psi granting and empowering items out there, if you put some on Bunny then there's every chance the Sun Disc defense will allow focusing more on defending others/attacking with psi.

Nobody likes bugs anyway.
    Not over cute robots anyway. Like "Batteries Not Included" vs "Them".

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    There are several psi granting and empowering items out there, if you put some on Bunny then there's every chance the Sun Disc defense will allow focusing more on defending others/attacking with psi.
    I need those points for more guns, man. You can never have enough guns.

Not over cute robots anyway. Like "Batteries Not Included" vs "Them".
    Unless they are Insecticons.

I think Dusk is underpowered. You've got 27 points to spend, best to use them and beef up your team.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I think Dusk is underpowered. You've got 27 points to spend, best to use them and beef up your team.
    I will keep my points for now.

I need those points for more guns, man. You can never have enough guns.
    I will keep my points for now.
    Your choice, but you really should compensate for the lack of Mind powers. You can spend 12-15 points and get a decent Psi without worry of physical deformities due to Sun Disc transformation.

Unless they are Insecticons.
    I think EVA from Wall-E could take any Insecticon 1v1. Far more manuverable, has the firepower needed to hurt them, and is cute as all get out