Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Inhuman Annual SPOILERS

Or, "that other $5 book that shipped on May 6."

Also: the events of this book occur AFTER Ms. Marvel #15, out next week.

Lineage reveals his plan via a message sent through the Codex to all Inhumans in the world. He asks all NuHumans to forget whatever leader they've fallen in with, to renounce the old guard. They are NuHumans, and "this always was" their planet. He then proceeds to create a dome of energy around Jersey City, using the Capo's knowledge of the Codex to alter the genes of the humans inside, turning them into savages. Ms. Marvel triesbto quell the fighting, but she needs help. So she sends Lockjaw to grab the NuHumans from Attilan.

Meanwhile, back in Dracula country, Medusa and the gang are still pinned down by Lash's crew. Frank gets in a good hit on Grove, breaking the ceasefire. The battle goes poorly, with Grove and another of Lash's Inhumans I don't recognize double teaming Frank, then Triton, the latter of which distracts Medusa long enough for Mother Bones to destroy her face with a right cross.

In the medical ward, Dante, Flint, and Naja are waiting for Gabby's baby to come (some more patiently than others) when Lockjaw fetches them. Kamala debriefs them and they quickly jump into action. Flint seems to have adopted his Badrock-from-Youngbloods cosplay as regular thing now. This battle fairs slightly better until a civilian slices off Inferno's arm. Fortunately, to everyone's surprise, a new one grows back out of his lava blood!

On Long Island, Eldrac contemplates the message Lineage gave. He reaches through his face to save Medusa and company from Lash, then sends them back through to New Attilan. Then he uses his new body to rip of his "head," lying down in the surf.

In the Afterworld, Karnak is able to defeat the Door Guardians with some help from the Capo. He deftly destroys the door and crane kicks his way out...

Of Lineage's chest?! It turns out Karnak was not in Hell, but was part of the ancestry contained inside Lineage (explains why everything was spiky and purple). The Capo sneaks off panel while everyone takes this in. Iso, who was able to watch Lineage, memorized how to work the Codex and stops the attack on Jersey City. Dante takes Lockjaw back to the delivery room, where we end on him smiling at Gabby's new baby.

Her new, spiky blue Inhuman baby.

So, to recap, Lineage us dead, Dante is now the cold and texture of charcoal (but he gets to keep his hair), and Karnak is back!

Fun Fact: Along with the principal cast members of this story, a few other Inhumans appear in the double-page spread during Lineage's monologue. The Unspoken, Crystal, the NuHuman from Uncanny X-Men #15, and someone who looks suspiciously similar to a pre-T-Gen Reina from Agents of SHIELD.

BANNED

My thoughts on the issue; wow! A lot of stuff happened. I like little things like the way Triton calls Frank by his full name almost exclusively, but Medusa still insists on calling him Nur. Ms. Marvel has a good showing in this issue, taking charge of the situation. Lash is written much better than the first arc. His group now much more resembles a priest and his cult.

Ryan Stegman is back in full force, and his art here is back to great effect. Richard Isanove's colors continue to impress, especially the bits on Long Island. Prettiest scene in the book.

I have to say that is an interesting twist with how Karnak comes back and how Lineage's powers worked. Does make you wonder what will happen with the final sliver of t-crystal he showed to the Unspoken and the fact that they acknowledged Crystal.
    Mooper Films

Was Balloon Head in it?

So from what you say, Kamala contributes for a fight scene and again shows her already-established "take-charge" attitude, but is otherwise just a special guest star/book plug during the much-larger Inhuman storyline (because Soule likely doesn't want to be doing anything with her that could conflict with Wilson's own narrative).
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Was Balloon Head in it?
    Yup! No lines though. She stayed back with a recovering Lash while the rest of the cult went to kill Medusa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    So from what you say, Kamala contributes for a fight scene and again shows her already-established "take-charge" attitude, but is otherwise just a special guest star/book plug during the much-larger Inhuman storyline (because Soule likely doesn't want to be doing anything with her that could conflict with Wilson's own narrative).
    Pretty much. It looks like this is taking place between the Crush and Last Days arcs. Kamala got involved because the target of Lineage's attack was Jersey City (also Lockjaw's teleporting to easily get cast members around). Once the NuHumans get there she doesn't show up again til the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Kamala got involved because the target of Lineage's attack was Jersey City (also Lockjaw's teleporting to easily get cast members around). Once the NuHumans get there she doesn't show up again til the end.
    More or less how I expected it to go.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    More or less how I expected it to go.
    Cute moment regarding her finding out about Gabby's baby though.

Or, "that other $5 book that shipped on May 6."

Also: the events of this book occur AFTER Ms. Marvel #15, out next week.

Lineage reveals his plan via a message sent through the Codex to all Inhumans in the world. He asks all NuHumans to forget whatever leader they've fallen in with, to renounce the old guard. They are NuHumans, and "this always was" their planet. He then proceeds to create a dome of energy around Jersey City, using the Capo's knowledge of the Codex to alter the genes of the humans inside, turning them into savages. Ms. Marvel triesbto quell the fighting, but she needs help. So she sends Lockjaw to grab the NuHumans from Attilan.

Meanwhile, back in Dracula country, Medusa and the gang are still pinned down by Lash's crew. Frank gets in a good hit on Grove, breaking the ceasefire. The battle goes poorly, with Grove and another of Lash's Inhumans I don't recognize double teaming Frank, then Triton, the latter of which distracts Medusa long enough for Mother Bones to destroy her face with a right cross.

In the medical ward, Dante, Flint, and Naja are waiting for Gabby's baby to come (some more patiently than others) when Lockjaw fetches them. Kamala debriefs them and they quickly jump into action. Flint seems to have adopted his Badrock-from-Youngbloods cosplay as regular thing now. This battle fairs slightly better until a civilian slices off Inferno's arm. Fortunately, to everyone's surprise, a new one grows back out of his lava blood!

On Long Island, Eldrac contemplates the message Lineage gave. He reaches through his face to save Medusa and company from Lash, then sends them back through to New Attilan. Then he uses his new body to rip of his "head," lying down in the surf.

In the Afterworld, Karnak is able to defeat the Door Guardians with some help from the Capo. He deftly destroys the door and crane kicks his way out...

Of Lineage's chest?! It turns out Karnak was not in Hell, but was part of the ancestry contained inside Lineage (explains why everything was spiky and purple). The Capo sneaks off panel while everyone takes this in. Iso, who was able to watch Lineage, memorized how to work the Codex and stops the attack on Jersey City. Dante takes Lockjaw back to the delivery room, where we end on him smiling at Gabby's new baby.

Her new, spiky blue Inhuman baby.

So, to recap, Lineage us dead, Dante is now the cold and texture of charcoal (but he gets to keep his hair), and Karnak is back!

Fun Fact: Along with the principal cast members of this story, a few other Inhumans appear in the double-page spread during Lineage's monologue. The Unspoken, Crystal, the NuHuman from Uncanny X-Men #15, and someone who looks suspiciously similar to a pre-T-Gen Reina from Agents of SHIELD.
    I guess it's a moot point now, but whatever happened to Charcoal from Thunderbolts?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I guess it's a moot point now, but whatever happened to Charcoal from Thunderbolts?
    I think legal issues made it unfavorable to bring him back.

Niffleheim

Lash's character and motive is strongly defined now more than it was in the 1st arc. Dante's little baby nephew/niece is a blue scaly little thing.

I think legal issues made it unfavorable to bring him back.
    Marvel owns the character but after a court battle marvel decided to kill the character off and not use him anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Lash's character and motive is strongly defined now more than it was in the 1st arc. Dante's little baby nephew/niece is a blue scaly little thing.
    Spiked knuckles!

That couldn't have been easy on Gabby...ouch.

I unfortunately passed on this issue. A $5.00 is just too much for me right now. I'll probably get some Atlantian Rising though.