Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Default New Convergence and Lois/Clark (SPOILERS)

This week in Convergence #5

Seems pretty clear-cut. Happy days will be here again? Eventually?

Oh, and this week's Superman, with little spoilers:
    Jonathan Samuel
    end of spoilers Kent. I didn't like the last issue at all, but this one was fun and - dare I say - sweet.
    Buh-bye

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Thanks, but meaningless until it bears fruit.

I could use more teasing, though. Superboy. Sexy. Shazam. Fun. Hawkman. Not horrible. The legion. Relevant.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 05-06-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Incredible Member

1. Given that there earth 2 characters I would assume that it means that the earth 2 versions would be reunited giving even more of a reason not to be interested in this book at all.

2. Just because Lois and Clark had a kid doesn't mean it is a sign that they will get together, I mean Superman and Wonder woman had plenty of kids and they only just became a canon couple. Also who names their kid with a middle name of a man that hunted you down because he saw you as a threat?

3. And finally it's because of posts like this that if/when the status quo changes I will leave this forum and never look back and probably won't touch a comic again because the arrogance will be unbearable.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    1. Given that there earth 2 characters I would assume that it means that the earth 2 versions would be reunited giving even more of a reason not to be interested in this book at all.
    Earth 2 Clark is dead and buried. Being cheap as hell aside, that'd be a ridiculously roundabout way of heralding his return. Pretty sure they're going with the main versions of them that people actually buy comics of every month.

2. Just because Lois and Clark had a kid doesn't mean it is a sign that they will get together, I mean Superman and Wonder woman had plenty of kids and they only just became a canon couple. Also who names their kid with a middle name of a man that hunted you down because he saw you as a threat?
    Correct, since that's a different version of them. That a guy who can literally see the future said they will is the 'sign'. Though that is an odd choice, even given that he's the kids' grandfather.

3. And finally it's because of posts like this that if/when the status quo changes I will leave this forum and never look back and probably won't touch a comic again because the arrogance will be unbearable.
    That the canon couple since day 1 of the superhero as a concept being a thing that exists gets back together, and DC's latest attempt to make everything more like their misunderstanding of a comic from 20-30 years ago ends? I don't know about bragging, but I will be happy.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 05-06-2015 at 11:54 AM.
    Buh-bye

That would be strange. The Lois and Clark that Val-Zod knows from Earth-2 are both dead.

Samuel is a family name. I believe Lois's sister, Lucy, named her son Sam.

BANNED

Earth 2 superman already was killed twice, and there is powergirl and val-zod. don't see it happening.

DC is giving some hope? I already knew this will happen, so it's nothing new. The question is when will happen.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

[QUOTE]
    The Titans are mentioned in the same breath. Titans didn't exist on Earth 2. They've only existed on Earth 0/Earth Prime. Good bet this is a reference to Earth 0/New 52 Lois and Clark

Because....he was also Lois' dad (i.e....his father in law) who was once a good man Pre-Flashpoint? I see it as a sign of Superman forgiving and honoring the good man Sam Lane once was. Forgiveness...that is a pretty Superman-ish thing, no?

...and you are right. Just because we see Lois and Clark with child here in Pre-FP land, doesn't automatically mean they will get back together in the Earth 0 continuity....just as non cannon children of Diana/Clark doesn't mean the "power couple" will stay together and have children in Earth 0 continuity, as you are implying here. Cuts both ways.

I could comment specifically....but I will abstain....aside from saying that in my opinion, DC would only be righting a serious wrong that has been one of the last sticking points in my fully embracing the New 52/Post-FP Superman. (they've already pretty much broomed the Jim Lee suit, so this would be the last standing major objection to the current Superman status quo). If you leave...we'd hate to see you go, as I would any fan, but if returning to one of the pillars of the Superman mythos is reason enough for you, and others to drop the comics...so be it. You will no doubt have future alternate reality stories of S/WW to look forward to, as well as the fact even IF they reunite Lois and Clark as lovers in the next couple years, I doubt DC will drop or cancel the Superman/Wonder Woman book, as it does well. The focus would just change from it being about the two as a romantic couple , to the two of them being very close friends and comrades with a common mission.

I want to also add, in general, As a Clois-er, this does reignite hope that the 4 year long "nightmare" is nearing it's end....but I take it with a grain of salt. It could be several years before we return to that status quo given how slow comic book time passes. The upcoming storyline in the books could ironically become the vehicle to bring Lois and Clark together, or it could still be a ways off. Hell, we may never actually see it on the page, as "the future" could always said to be "in the future" if you get my meaning. This could just be DC's way of trying to please both sections of fandom by having the current stories focus on S/WW as a couple, while having L/C as the "endgame" in a future we will never actually see. Who knows at this point? Time will tell.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 05-06-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Seeing that Val-Zod is the recipient of the "prophecies", my first thought was E2, that they'd be revived due to some magical means coming out of Convergence and be together again. Either way not really that clear cut. Titans Reuinited also seems like more of a hint toward the classic Titans that fans have been missing, not the current crop (at least, that would generate way more buzz). So maybe Deimos is seeing visions of some sort of new clutter Earth of dead continuities to be made and housed in the current multiverse..
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-06-2015 at 12:45 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Seeing that Val-Zod is the recipient of the "prophecies", my first thought was E2, that they'd be revived due to some magical means coming out of Convergence and be together again. Either way not really that clear cut. Titans Reuinited also seems like more of a hint toward the classic Titans that fans have been missing, not the current crop (at least, that would generate way more buzz). So maybe Deimos is seeing visions of some sort of new clutter Earth of dead continuities to be made and housed in the current multiverse..
    True....it could be a referrence to the resolution to CONVERGENCE, as hinted on the solicit and cover for issue #8.

Something tells me that it was intentionally meant to be vague to fuel speculation. It's obviously working.

Oh definitely. Same with the Titans thing. I interpret it as a classic incarnation because who really cares about the current one? lol But who knows at the point.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It seems that this Deimos guy is a Clois shipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It seems that this Deimos guy is a Clois shipper.
    Means he has good taste. (aside from attire, that is.)

BANNED

No-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no.

C'mon DC, give us SM/WW fans a few more years.

BANNED

Lois and Clark together is just nothing new. Just expect Lois being sidelined as always whether she's with Superman or not.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Means he has good taste. (aside from attire, that is.)
    Yeah... villains are shippers now. It's the new trend. God help us.