Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Exclamation Avengers: Age Of Ultron Petition to release a extended 3 hour original cut version

The director of the movie Avengers: Age Of Ultron , Joss Whedon went on record as saying that the film’s original cut was around three hours long, and the common criticism of the final film – that its plot feels muddled and, at times, rushed – is exactly the kind of issue that would benefit from an extended cut. This movie plays an important role in the Marvel Cinematic universe being the end of its phase two and being the crossover of four different movie franchises including Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America and Thor so it really needs to be as perfect as it can be and live up to the hype. I think if the plot can be improved, it would help the phase three and overall character development. It also makes more sense for it to have more run time than other stand alone Marvel superhero movies.

Lets be honest here, its a stupid petition but there was one to bring spiderman into the MCU and another to somehow bring Beth from The Walking Dead back after the unexpected death of the character so well, there might as well be one for this.

Please sign this petition I created to reach out to Marvel Studios if you wish to see what almost 1 hour extra footage of the movie that already exists does to it. Hopefully it, reaches the people who can do something about it, and we get to see the movie in all its glory.

https://www.change.org/p/kevin-feige...-age-of-ultron
    Last edited by notnotRaj; 05-06-2015 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Forgot to include the link.

BANNED

That movie was way too long as it is.

I'm guessing a lot of that will be on the eventual Blu-Ray release as deleted scenes.

Oh goody, another "change.org" petition to show how nerdy some comic book fans can be.

I'm starting to hate change.org

BANNED

I think it's already been stated that the blu raybwill have an extended cut.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh goody, another "change.org" petition to show how nerdy some comic book fans can be.

If we're being honest....if you reguarly post on a comic board you are reached a certain height of nerdiness. A internet poll won't bring you to a higher level.

Oh good gravy.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    I'm guessing a lot of that will be on the eventual Blu-Ray release as deleted scenes.
    Umm.. yeah, i guess so too but I dont think they'll include all of 40-50 minutes of extra footage.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I think it's already been stated that the blu raybwill have an extended cut.
    No, it has just been said that it would make more sense to have an extended cut but they have yet to state it officially. I think they are going to, because it means more money for them and more movie footage for us nerds!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Its not hurting anybody, and it took me like 10 minutes to post it. And about being nerds, aren't we all?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    That movie was way too long as it is.
    Yeah, it feels like that because of the rushed plot and too much CGI. If they were to release a version with less of the all CGI action sequences and with more content that would add more sense to the plot, I would be okay with that too. They could've made more effort to explain the movie version of the Vision, Ultron felt kind of, I dont know, I was just disappointed and i feel like Thor was underutilized!
    Last edited by Joe Acro; 05-06-2015 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Merged

Eh, not interested. His original cut of Avengers was 45 minutes longer than what we got in 2012. In an interview with Empire he said he'd add around 2 minutes or so back to Age of Ultron to let some scenes breathe a little. I don't particularly watch a 3.5 hr version.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Eh, not interested. His original cut of Avengers was 45 minutes longer than what we got in 2012. In an interview with Empire he said he'd add around 2 minutes or so back to Age of Ultron to let some scenes breathe a little. I don't particularly watch a 3.5 hr version.
    It felt like the whole movie needed to breathe a little.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh good gravy.
    Lol! I'm just sayin' ....it's sorta of a kettle meets pot situation.

All-New Member

i didn't share the petition on my own facebook page to avoid being called a nerd. This is even the first time I've posted something as nerdy as this on the internet. You can see my profile on here is new and I have only like 8 or 9 posts unlike most of you people. Trust me, I am embarrassed by even calling it a 'petition'. But I expected so much from this movie and being a comic fan, I am disappointed to see all those iconic characters slowly go all 'hollywoody'. That is the last thing I want and I have feared it since the release of the first Iron Man. Honestly, my feelings after watching this movie were very much kind of like the feelings I had after watching that CGI piece of crap of a movie called Furious 7. It just feels like the producers now think more destruction and more action sequences filled with CGI means a more enjoyable and a better movie and that is exactly the kind of thinking that leads to movies like Furious 7 being made.

If Days of Future Past is having a Rogue Cut then only fair game AoU also receives an Extended Edition.

BANNED

Might as well. I wish we could have gotten the three hour version from the start so the movie wouldn't feel so rushed. That would have been one less problem I had with the movie.