Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Might as well. I wish we could have gotten the three hour version from the start so the movie wouldn't feel so rushed. That would have been one less problem I had with the movie.
    Exactly!! Thank you! Finally someone who gets it. Joss Whedon wanted it, I guess Kevin Feige just cared about the money.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I saw that earlier but I want the whole 3 and a half hours to be on it. I don't have any hopes of getting that though. Its a shame. They should've just made part 1 and part 2 for Age Of Ultron like they plan to for The Infinity War.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by notnotRaj View Post
    I saw that earlier but I want the whole 3 and a half hours to be on it. I don't have any hopes of getting that though. Its a shame. They should've just made part 1 and part 2 for Age Of Ultron like they plan to for The Infinity War.
    I don't remember hearing 3 and a half anywhere. I definitely heard 3.

Fantastic Member

i didn't share the petition on my own facebook page to avoid being called a nerd. This is even the first time I've posted something as nerdy as this on the internet. You can see my profile on here is new and I have only like 8 or 9 posts unlike most of you people. Trust me, I am embarrassed by even calling it a 'petition'. But I expected so much from this movie and being a comic fan, I am disappointed to see all those iconic characters slowly go all 'hollywoody'. That is the last thing I want and I have feared it since the release of the first Iron Man. Honestly, my feelings after watching this movie were very much kind of like the feelings I had after watching that CGI piece of crap of a movie called Furious 7. It just feels like the producers now think more destruction and more action sequences filled with CGI means a more enjoyable and a better movie and that is exactly the kind of thinking that leads to movies like Furious 7 being made.
    The thing with this is these movies are being marketed for the general populace, so with that focus, the minority of pure comic book fans are going to be put off to some extent with the product. It's just a necessary evil we will have to deal with. The sooner comic book fans come to terms with that, the less disappointment they will have. I see evidence of this dichotomy personally when I read the forums here and elsewhere and listen to many of the complaints comic book fans had with AoU while also speaking to casual fans(work, friends, etc.) who all loved the movie without complaint. Of course, I'm not saying all comic book fans have problems with AoU and all casual fans have no issues, but it's interesting to me; I think the two groups look at these movies somewhat differently. They look for some of the same things, but they each look for different ingredients as well.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I don't remember hearing 3 and a half anywhere. I definitely heard 3.
    This is from the article on telegraph.com- "Age of Ultron director Josh Whedon admitted to US culture website Vulture that his original cut was three-and-a-half-hours long. It was cut down to 140 minutes, and at the time Whedon and the film's producer Kevin Feige agreed that the shorter version was improved.
    However, Whedon did tell Vulture; "There's one or two things that I'm unhappy about not having in there, but they're small." Potentially these will be the scenes included in the longer, DVD-only version."

Exactly!! Thank you! Finally someone who gets it. Joss Whedon wanted it, I guess Kevin Feige just cared about the money.
    How dare the businessman be concerned with profitability.

Love the movie. Best Marvel movie to date so far. I'd be happy with a 5 hour cut.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    The thing with this is these movies are being marketed for the general populace, so with that focus, the minority of pure comic book fans are going to be put off to some extent with the product. It's just a necessary evil we will have to deal with. The sooner comic book fans come to terms with that, the less disappointment they will have. I see evidence of this dichotomy personally when I read the forums here and elsewhere and listen to many of the complaints comic book fans had with AoU while also speaking to casual fans(work, friends, etc.) who all loved the movie without complaint. Of course, I'm not saying all comic book fans have problems with AoU and all casual fans have no issues, but it's interesting to me; I think the two groups look at these movies somewhat differently. They look for some of the same things, but they each look for different ingredients as well.
    I know, I realized that long ago I am just not okay with it. I mean, we shouldn't have to compromise for them. Its the comics and characters we grew up reading. Its our thing. And these people come after all this time and change everything about it and make it all about money? I am not saying that they should make it exactly like the comicbooks but it could be a different universe. People just think that Avengers is just action sequences and explosions going off everywhere and we know it to be so much more than that! We are the ones that got most excited when Nick Fury walked inside of Tony Stark's mansion at the end of the first Iron Man movie while general populace sat there and wondered who was guy with an eye patch so I just think we should be the target audience and not the general populace. General populace should suck it and stick with their Furious 7 and twillight movies if they don't like it.

BANNED

The movie kicked ass just the way it was. If you didn't like it, fine. But for me and a lot of other people it didn't feel rushed or muddy or whatever. It's a very dense movie, yes, but that's an aspect I liked about it. It's almost too much to absorb in one sitting.

BANNED

I know, I realized that long ago I am just not okay with it. I mean, we shouldn't have to compromise for them. Its the comics and characters we grew up reading. Its our thing. And these people come after all this time and change everything about it and make it all about money? I am not saying that they should make it exactly like the comicbooks but it could be a different universe. People just think that Avengers is just action sequences and explosions going off everywhere and we know it to be so much more than that! We are the ones that got most excited when Nick Fury walked inside of Tony Stark's mansion at the end of the first Iron Man movie while general populace sat there and wondered who was guy with an eye patch so I just think we should be the target audience and not the general populace. General populace should suck it and stick with their Furious 7 and twillight movies if they don't like it.
    Oh, I see. This is just another "why doesn't Marvel make movies just for me?" complaint. Well, every comic book fan I know loved AoU so the "it was made for the general population!" gripe just doesn't hold up. And if you've watched the movie and think it was "just action sequences and explosions going off everywhere," you really didn't pay much attention to the movie. There's several stretches in the film where there's downtime and conversation and simple character moments -every bit as much as you'd find in an issue of an Avengers comic, which are typical filled with the sequential art version of "action sequences and explosions going off everywhere" alongside the occasional dialogue-heavy passage. And even within the action, Whedon injects character moments, as when the team chides Cap for his almost comical prudishness or when Nat and Clint casually discuss his plans to remodel his home as everything's blowing up around them, so this is far from a movie that is just about action.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    The movie kicked ass just the way it was. If you didn't like it, fine. But for me and a lot of other people it didn't feel rushed or muddy or whatever. It's a very dense movie, yes, but that's an aspect I liked about it. It's almost too much to absorb in one sitting.
    I liked it too, of course. Absolutely loved the Vision, Paul Bettany does a marvelous job, loved Scarlett Witch, whole new angle on Hawk Eye, Quicksilver's death was traumatizing and all that. Just think it could've done better. If not anything, I would just want to see what extra footage they have up their sleeves.