Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    You did this on purpose right?
    That post didn't write itself.

Messner Loebs had a good ending to his Flash run, but that didn't make up for the horrid start to it. The less said about Taco Whiz Wonder Woman the better.

Jones was great on Mosaic and American Secrets, but I disliked his Green Lantern and he is among the worst Justice League writers of all time.

Jonah will have to reset the board again if I talk about Winick, so that's all I've got to say there.

Waid on the other hand, best super hero writer I've ever read.

We're just two different people Rakzo.
    I am NOT comics.

Millar? Yeah, but mostly on OGNs, I think he would be perfect for Justice League: Earth One.
    OMG yes! I would love Millar to come back to DC, but he would seriously do great with Justice League Earth One. It could be the Justice League version of the Ultimates.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    OMG yes! I would love Millar to come back to DC, but he would seriously do great with Justice League Earth One. It could be the Justice League version of the Ultimates.
    Wouldn't mind seeing Millar do the JL, but have no interest in a Justice League version of the Ultimates no sir.

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    Would be curious to hear about the opposition to Moench, Ostrander & Priest. I think its been awhile since Moench did anything but always thought he was a decent writer. Enjoyed Priest's Black Panther Run and Ostrander going all the way back to Grimjack.
    Not much to say really. I don't like their work.

Doug Moench in particular seems to write terrible stories (with the exception of Batman: Prey). I've heard his Marvel stuff is better, but I'm in no hurry to try it.

Ostrander and Priest come across more like decent writers who just don't do it for me. Priest also loses points for stealing the name of my favourite novelist and getting me all excited until I realised it wasn't THE Christopher Priest and was actually James Owsley.

Quote Originally Posted by Action Ace View Post
    would prefer to not see the return of
    William Messner Loebs
    Gerard Jones
    Judd Winick
    I agree with you on Gerard Jones. Winick has his ups and downs.

William Messner Loebs is great though. Not on Wonder Woman admittedly, but The Flash, Doctor Fate and Epicarus the Sage are all really good.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Action Ace View Post
    Messner Loebs had a good ending to his Flash run, but that didn't make up for the horrid start to it. The less said about Taco Whiz Wonder Woman the better.
    The beginning was pretty good for me actually, it was a kind of "Born Again" arc except much shorter.

Plus, any story where Wonder Woman works at a Taco Bell kind of restaurant is something I must read.

Jones was great on Mosaic and American Secrets, but I disliked his Green Lantern and he is among the worst Justice League writers of all time.
    Really liked Jones' GL but his JL work was kinda weak admitedly.

Joe Kelly!

Just finished reading Space Ghost again, and I'd love for him to come back to DC and write another Space Ghost mini or ongoing. He could pick up where he left off with Thaddeus Bach, Jace, Jan, and Salomon, and then come across Blip, and his other villains.

Make it happen DC! We need more cosmic!
    WHO DAT?!!

Always Rakzo

Oh yes, Joe Kelly, how could I have forgotten about him?

He wrote some of the best Superman and JLA stories from that time, I wish he would come to work into something creative and cosmic, maybe Green Lantern or Legion of Super-Heroes.

Oh yes, Joe Kelly, how could I have forgotten about him?

He wrote some of the best Superman and JLA stories from that time, I wish he would come to work into something creative and cosmic, maybe Green Lantern or Legion of Super-Heroes.
    No, not any Green Lantern books. We need fresh new stuff added to the cosmic mix, although I wouldn't mind him on Legion of Superheroes. I don't know why he couldn't do both Legion and Space Ghost, or another R.E.B.E.L.S.
    WHO DAT?!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I was wondering if we were including the dead. I'd love new Kim Yale, Dwayne McDuffie, Archie Goodwin...
    Archie Goodwin as the EiC of DC Comics and hire back people like Berger and Raspler.

Spectacular Member

Steve Englehart, Denny O'Neil, Jim Shooter.

Mark Waid. What happened with him and DC anyway?

I'd love to see:

Darwyn Cooke
    James Robinson
    Walt Simonson
    Ivan Brandon
    Duane Swierczynski

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WTNew View Post
    Steve Englehart, Denny O'Neil, Jim Shooter.
    I forgot about Jim Shooter. Easily my favorite writer of all time. But it seems he's burned down every bridge to Marvel, DC, Valiant, Dynamite and probably others. It's a shame because no one could build a universe like him

There are a lot of good ideas in these 5 pages, but as for me there are two I would really like to see with an ongoing; Brubaker, and Dini. They could be writing Booster Gold or Batwing and I would still buy it.