Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I expect everything to go wrong with that. They're all Skrulls or something!
    Like Evil Black Cat?

so what is the main plot besides the reality-crashing? Is there a real villain or multiple?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Spider-Man would probably ride with Franklin and his FF pals, so I'm semi worried.

Don't be. Either he's with Reed and the gang next issue or he's saved by Cosmic Doom or even Franklin himself along with the FF.

Astonishing Member

I believe 616-Spiderman has been saved because he's "the main heart" of the Marvel Universe, or at least, of the Earth's heroes. That's the reason in the comic world.

Now, about the "reason of the story", I believe is because Reed Richards knows Spider-Man has a big potential to be a valuable help in this insane crisis. In previous adventures, he has proven to be able to find the simplest solution where the "super-genius" waste too much time thinking the big picture. For example, in a previous adventure with the 4F, Spidey managed to find a solution for two invading alien species (Imposible Man's one and a Parasite one) to have a future and a new home. And in the original Secret Wars, if it wasn't by Spidey's webshooter, the heroes could have died under the mountain that Molecule Man threw at them.

I really wonder how he will feel once he discover that everyone he knew (Aunt May, MJ... etc) are all gone. Well, maybe not. (And I hope so, because some of the apparent deaths in the first issue can't be accepted).

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what is the main plot besides the reality-crashing? Is there a real villain or multiple?
    The Beyonders are the villains that started this mess. They basically wanted to destroy the Multiverse to see what would happen.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I believe 616-Spiderman has been saved because he's "the main heart" of the Marvel Universe, or at least, of the Earth's heroes. That's the reason in the comic world.

Now, about the "reason of the story", I believe is because Reed Richards knows Spider-Man has a big potential to be a valuable help in this insane crisis. In previous adventures, he has proven to be able to find the simplest solution where the "super-genius" waste too much time thinking the big picture. For example, in a previous adventure with the 4F, Spidey managed to find a solution for two invading alien species (Imposible Man's one and a Parasite one) to have a future and a new home. And in the original Secret Wars, if it wasn't by Spidey's webshooter, the heroes could have died under the mountain that Molecule Man threw at them.

I really wonder how he will feel once he discover that everyone he knew (Aunt May, MJ... etc) are all gone. Well, maybe not. (And I hope so, because some of the apparent deaths in the first issue can't be accepted).
    Actually the reason Spidey was saved was kinda explained in the story itself, after the brain trust to rebuild humanity was destroyed reed and black panther told manifold to "go with option B" and since manifolds powers are based on bringing people were they "need" to be ,the assumption was that he would assemble a group of people cable of dealing with the situation at hand.

This also supports the fact that Pete probably wasn't on the destroyed part with sue, story wise sue ,and the others on the destroyed vessel were never teleported there by manifold so its unknown if they "need" to be present but Spidey definatley was so it wouldn't make sense for them to kill him off like that so soon even if franklin could save them(and if franklin didn't save them doom definatley would because of his closeness with val)

I find myself questioning the usefulness of other characters like starlord. Or if miles made it and we just didnt see his teleport scene on panel or something One things for sure sw#2 will definatley be interesting.
    I do Comic Art here! - http://iconiciceblog.tumblr.com/