Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Magneto, #18

Earth is on a collision course with oblivion and Magneto's just learned time is running out. With everything he's fought for being brought to an inescapable end, how will the Master of Magnetism spend his LAST DAYS on Earth? Will Magneto celebrate his legacy or be tortured by it?

Full article here.

BANNED

nice!!

at least there's humility and honesty

Spectacular Member Ruby Summers's Avatar

That is such a wonderfully apt setting for those two to have a heart-to-heart.

BANNED

Does anyone find it sad and ironic that it takes the end of the world for Magneto to search Polaris out ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Does anyone find it sad and ironic that it takes the end of the world for Magneto to search Polaris out ?
    He did search her out in X-Men Legacy when she was in trouble, but he kept that interaction pretty much purely business bereft of any real emotion as we are seeing here or dealing with their relationship which I suspect we will see here later as well.

Its sad that its been well over a decade and we don't get them dealing with real issues until now after they decided to retcon more then half of Magneto's family away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Summers View Post
    That is such a wonderfully apt setting for those two to have a heart-to-heart.
    Considering the last emotional issue the two had together Magneto was only there in voice/spirit back in 2002 after genocidal death and destruction reigned down on their land I would certainly say its apt.

Last edited by jmc247; 05-07-2015 at 10:45 AM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I really love their conversation it rings true and honest to their characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool
    Well it does take the end of the world for him to be honest about his feelings on that I agree with you
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-07-2015 at 10:51 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

As I keep saying, I can't help but picture this music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USR7J6GmleU

I loved this comic and was always Magneto fan even as a villain hope that the end of SW is not the end of it.

Too bad because the changes of Marvel he can only meet with Polaris they will have a last moment before the end.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    nice!!

Though much of that could be because Magneto can't save the world and basically has to be honest...

Magneto, save my faith in today's comics please...

Looking strong already. Artwork really helps sell the tone of the conversation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    nice!!

Magneto's relationship with Lorna has usually involved more honesty then historically we have seen with his other kids well for now ex kids. With Pietro lets just say its usually too conflict oriented (angry son and disappointed dad) to get into that territory. Not that he didn't deeply care for him, but honest discussions of their issues between them wasn't exactly much of a thing. With Wanda well most of the time she refused to talk to him or let him get in a word edgewise even in his Xavierite reformation period.

There usually has been honesty when Lorna and Magneto have been together between them, though certainly not always humility. That is a strange thing to say when they have effectively been on the same titles without Magneto telling her they are related or the back story with her mother, but it still holds true IMHO.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

This, should be good
    X-Men Forever

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Really good marriage of art and writing on the preview pages. The writing is sad, and quite moving and the Davidson does exactly what's needed with the pictures. The middle image, where they are having a still emotional moment amidst the chaos is particularly well done. I'm looking forward to this too.
    "Self has no time for this."

Another fan who hopes this series survives SW. At the very least I hope Mags retains his current character development.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.