Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Spend money on stuff you like but don't love, then spend money on stuff you DO love to feel better about spending too much money before, that's collector's logic, lol!
    I was in the same situation with Claremont's X-books. Blew my budget on Infinity Gauntlet in fear of it going OOP, but decided to skip out on UXM vol.1 in hopes that would've gotten a reprint...which I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Speaking of which, is Marvel bringing back old omnibuses, or is IG the exception?
    Don't get me wrong, I love the Punisher omni I just hate the price tag and quality that I get for that price. Never read Alias, but always wanted to and it seemed like a good idea not to keep pushing the purchase (they mentioned in the Marvel thread that it started to go OOP).
    On the other hand the Image/Humanoids/etc books seems like gonna stay in print for a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Don't support Marvel's substandard produc--support the smaller companies that still care about quality and customer satisfaction.
    The issue with this, is that though the quality of the paper and printing may be down, the content is fantastic. The recent Infinity book for example, loved the story and art work, the general (soft) production was top notch. It just wasn't matched by the paper quality and overall (hard) production.

I buy a lot of Image books, a couple of Dark Horse, Archaia and Valiant, but I do love me some classic Marvel Superheroics.

As an aside, does anyone know what the paper quality is like on these:

Young Avengers by Kieron Gillen & Jamie McKelvie Omnibus
    AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS
    AVENGERS: RAGE OF ULTRON
    Deadpool & Cable Omnibus by Fabian Nicieza
    DEATH OF WOLVERINE HC
    Marvel 75th Anniversary Omnibus
    HOWARD THE DUCK: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION
    S.H.I.E.L.D.: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION OMNIBUS
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY & X-MEN: THE BLACK VORTEX
    SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN
    Thanos Rising
    Uncanny Avengers Omnibus
    Wolverine: Origin II Wolverine: Origin II

Also feel fre to save me some money, if these are bad (content wise) let me know, I've already dropped the two Original sin books.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post

Young Avengers by Kieron Gillen & Jamie McKelvie Omnibus
    AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS
    AVENGERS: RAGE OF ULTRON
    Deadpool & Cable Omnibus by Fabian Nicieza
    DEATH OF WOLVERINE HC
    Marvel 75th Anniversary Omnibus
    HOWARD THE DUCK: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION
    S.H.I.E.L.D.: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION OMNIBUS
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY & X-MEN: THE BLACK VORTEX
    SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN
    Thanos Rising
    Uncanny Avengers Omnibus
    Wolverine: Origin II Wolverine: Origin II

Also feel fre to save me some money, if these are bad (content wise) let me know, I've already dropped the two Original sin books.
    The only one I would say to maybe skip out on is AXIS the quality build wise is disappointing especially considering the price tag the content is good not great. I was so upset at marvel for charging so much for a book made like sh*t the paper quality is awful the binding is awful and the printed cover is just lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Uncanny Avengers Omnibus
    Honestly, don't bother. I loved Remenders UXF but this was a pale imitation and isn't worth your money/time. As for build quality, I didn't have any problems with it. It's obviously going to be smaller due to the 27 issue content size but I personally didn't have a problem with build/paper thickness.
    Mixes/Contact Info: http://chojin.devour.org

Quote Originally Posted by Johndoe4sho View Post
    The only one I would say to maybe skip out on is AXIS the quality build wise is disappointing especially considering the price tag the content is good not great. I was so upset at marvel for charging so much for a book made like sh*t the paper quality is awful the binding is awful and the printed cover is just lazy.
    Axis was the one book I was wavering on, it just felt like it was going to be a poor story.It will just be another story to read on the Marvel Unlimited app.

Quote Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
    Honestly, don't bother. I loved Remenders UXF but this was a pale imitation and isn't worth your money/time. As for build quality, I didn't have any problems with it. It's obviously going to be smaller due to the 27 issue content size but I personally didn't have a problem with build/paper thickness.
    Okay cool, I'll give the story a read on the MU app, and if I like it at least I know the build is okay.