View Poll Results: How would you rate the Sam Raimi/ Tobey Maguire Spider-Man films?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • A+: One of the peaks of world cinema.

6 8.22%
  • A: Excellent. Highly recommended.

25 34.25%
  • B: Good. Recommended. Usually worth rewarching.

36 49.32%
  • C: Meh. Mostly not worth rewatching.

3 4.11%
  • D: Poor. Not recommended.

2 2.74%
  • F: Even worse than the above.

0 0%
  • N/A: Haven't/ Won't Read It,

1 1.37%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    I'd say we not only have vastly differing opinions on Maquire's acting ability, but about what and who Peter Parker is.

I'd also venture to guess, from your extremely partisan language, that anything I say is very unlikely to change your mind.

Se la vi'.
    Because he is just awful. Just overhyped and overrated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Who is "we?" And why am I "you guys?"
    We the people you talked to and "you guys" the people who just don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    We the people you talked to and "you guys" the people who just don't understand.
    Don't understand what?

BANNED

Don't understand what?
    Don't understand why we hate tobey, why we prefer TASM series, and what our concept of "Dark" is.

Don't understand why we hate tobey, why we prefer TASM series, and what our concept of "Dark" is.
    Here's the thing as I see it. We can talk about the Raimi films without getting into the ASM series. But we can't talk about ASM without discussing the Raimi films. It's a little unfair, but it is what it is because the Raimi films are the first Spider-Man films. And ASM was a failed franchise reboot. (The series got cancelled after two movies. That's a failed franchise.)

You can like ASM as much as you want. But this thread isn't about them.

But Tobey was clearly the better Peter Parker. After all, he didn't have to look up how batteries worked on youtube. I'll take more awkward dancing because of the symbiote over that any day.

Ultimate Member

Raimi's first Spider-man movies were great.

Third one was average.

All in all, it was still vastly superior to Webb's borefests.

Easily the best part of the Raimi trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by DCordo74 View Post
    Easily the best part of the Raimi trilogy.
    Right on.

I suppose most of you have already seen this video, but it's fun nonetheless:
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Right on.

I suppose most of you have already seen this video, but it's fun nonetheless:
    Lol. That was hilarious. Ugh, I hate that that's how people know MJ. She's like one of the greatest comic book romances of all time. And in the Raimi trilogy she's just...bad. Don't let me down....reboot...again.

BANNED

Bella Thorne for MJ then.

BANNED

I call it a B and I also view it as the Superman movies of Marvel.

Mighty Member

I give the first film a A/B, the second an A+, and the third a C. Overall, I’d give the trilogy a B.

Quote Originally Posted by DCordo74 View Post
    Lol. That was hilarious. Ugh, I hate that that's how people know MJ. She's like one of the greatest comic book romances of all time. And in the Raimi trilogy she's just...bad. Don't let me down....reboot...again.
    Raimi's Mary Jane was a mix of Liz, Betty, Gwen, and MJ from the comics. In theory that should've made her the ultimate Spider-man love interest, but I think mixing in attributes of other characters watered MJ down too much and ultimately took away from what made the character such a standout compared to other comic book loves.

As far as the damsel thing goes, it's a classic trope and the Raimi films were heavily influenced by silver age comics. It's a shame that some people reduce the character to nothing but a damsel.

Bella Thorne for MJ then.
    Meh. I’m hoping they nab Chloe Moretz. Someone who can pull off sass and who can be funny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    I give the first film a A/B, the second an A+, and the third a C. Overall, I’d give the trilogy a B.

Raimi's Mary Jane was a mix of Liz, Betty, Gwen, and MJ from the comics. In theory that should've made her the ultimate Spider-man love interest, but I think mixing in attributes of other characters watered MJ down too much and ultimately took away from what made the character such a standout compared to other comic book loves.

As far as the damsel thing goes, it's a classic trope and the Raimi films were heavily influenced by silver age comics. It's a shame that some people reduce the character to nothing but a damsel.

Meh. I’m hoping they nab Chloe Moretz. Someone who can pull off sass and who can be funny.
    Yeah but chloe has a pretty chubby face. She looks great and totally one I want to smooch for hours but she doesn't scream MJ to me at least not yet if they do decide to cast her.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Pretty much my thinking.

MJ was originally supposed to convince Harry to peacefully let go of his desire for revenge. That's why in one of the earlier SM3 trailers, we can hear MJ say "We've all done terrible things to each other, but we have to learn to forgive each other or else everything we ever were will have meant nothing."

Pretty much my thinking.

MJ was originally supposed to convince Harry to peacefully let go of his desire for revenge. That's why in one of the earlier SM3 trailers, we can hear MJ say "We've all done terrible things to each other, but we have to learn to forgive each other or else everything we ever were will have meant nothing."
    Really? That would have fit the character development she had in the second movie. Why did they cut that out?