Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    His work on the JLA model sheets, it's how I see the real DCU!

How is Twilight and Cinder and Ashe?
    Twilight is better, but both are really good. (Cinder and Ashe is probably the best thing that Gerry Conway has written.)

Besides being a fantastic artist, he is an incredibly sweet man.

nobody can draw a Hukka quite like him either.... except for Keith Giffen
    I have no beef with Vegans

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    His work on the JLA model sheets, it's how I see the real DCU!

How is Twilight and Cinder and Ashe?
    Things that I have by JLGL in collection that I love:

The Adventures of Superman by JLGL - Excelent, and you have all those great works from the 70's and Early 80's such as the Superman/Wonder Woman tabloid, those early DC Comics present and some cool Superman stories from the 70's.
    JLA - The Hypothetical Woman - A dream come true. JLGL ilustrating a Justice League arrc. Written by Gail Simone. Not very fond of the chosen inkers, but it is still awsome.
    Batman King Tut's Tomb - A great story that introduces into the comics the villain from the TV Show. Beutifully inked by Kevin Nolan, and with a couple of extra 70's Batman adventures by JLGL.

Things by JLGL that I'd love to see collected.

Atari Force - of course.
    His short run on the New Teen Titans Baxter series.
    His Elsewhereworld Prestige Format Issues, including (but certainly not limited to) - Kal and Batman - Reign of Terror.

Peace

He did a wonderful job on the sequel to Road to Perdition as well.

And I loved those big Treasury Editions he did, the Hulk/Batman one particularly.

Truly a master of the medium. Personally I buy comics based on writers rather than artists (with the exception of artists like Kirby or Ditko who were also storytellers even when they weren't scripting). And yet, he is the only artist I can think of who can make me buy a comic, regardless of writer, so I can marvel at his exquisite artwork.

Loved his Superman--and the DC Comics Presents he worked on. I recall being really disappointed when he didn't turn out to be the regular artist on DCCP.

He did that BATMAN VS HULK treasury & it looked like he'd been the regular Hulk artist for years!!! Absolutely nailed it!

I grew up on Superman drawn by Curt Swan & Garcia Lopez. Just an a great time! He always gave Superman a certain elegance I liked. He also drew the SUPERMAN VS FLASH cover that's my profile pic. That forever defined the characters in my mind with the way he made Flash thinner than Superman. Just a master!!