Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TonySnark View Post
    I still think they are trolling us with Quicksilver. If he really is dead for good, its a massive plot-hole. You have this magical regenerating chamber that we've already seen used on one Avenger, and they don't even TRY it with Pietro? Why have Cho survive, why harp on the details of his "fast metabolism", why have him shrug off a bullet earlier-on?

At the very least I could see them expand upon Wanda's powers, add some of the reality-warping aspects and have her go nuts and ressurrect him. Or adapt the Inhumans storyline where he restored his powers via terrigen and turn it into a ressurrection story instead.

I hope I'm wrong. It would be cool to see some permanence in the MCU. But there were so many signs pointing otherwise.
    If you go to the actual reddit thing...

Quiksilver is DEAD. 100%, he's not coming back any time soon, there are no plans. No LMD, no escaping bullets, no retcon. Kevin said he is dead and wanted to make sure people understood that.
    They introduced the machine with Hawkeye just so they had a way to make Vision withotu it comign out of left field. It was never stated once it could bring people back to the life or anyting of the sort.

Hawkeye had a flesh wound man, not liek he took bullets to the chest.

They mentioned the fast metabolism just as a way to introduce the "bsically hes fast and shes weird" one liner.

He shrugged off a scratch from a bullet... don't make it soudn like he took a real shot.

Wanda's powers are telepathy and telekinetic.... this isn't the comics

There are absolutely zero signs pointing to his resurrection but quicksilver fans hoping they can get him back and fan theorying things into existence that isn't there. That's it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Bottom line, the humor in the face of absurdity is true to the characters these films are based on. For example, when have you ever seen Thor not greet battle with a smile?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If you go to the actual reddit thing...

They introduced the machine with Hawkeye just so they had a way to make Vision withotu it comign out of left field. It was never stated once it could bring people back to the life or anyting of the sort.

Hawkeye had a flesh wound man, not liek he took bullets to the chest.

They mentioned the fast metabolism just as a way to introduce the "bsically hes fast and shes weird" one liner.

He shrugged off a scratch from a bullet... don't make it soudn like he took a real shot.

Wanda's powers are telepathy and telekinetic.... this isn't the comics

There are absolutely zero signs pointing to his resurrection but quicksilver fans hoping they can get him back and fan theorying things into existence that isn't there. That's it.
    As I stated, I hope they don't bring him back. I'm not a big fan of the character, and I'd like some permanence to these films. I'm in no way a wishful fanboy. But don't act as if they didn't lead us on at the very least. Just like they wanted us to think Hawkeye was going to die, they dropped hints that in the end made the death more of a shock.

And its not like creating an entire working body from scratch is that far of a stretch from repairing dead tissue.

Fan theorizing is harmless, relax.
    Last edited by TonySnark; 05-07-2015 at 02:07 PM.

Mr Feige, where is my Black Panther director?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Mr Feige, where is my Black Panther director?
    They probably have a shortlist by now. Truthfully speaking, with the delay there's really no need for them to rush with that choice.

My hope is that whoever they do choose has the room to make the film they want to without being forced into the Marvel mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    They probably have a shortlist by now. Truthfully speaking, with the delay there's really no need for them to rush with that choice.

My hope is that whoever they do choose has the room to make the film they want to without being forced into the Marvel mold.
    To be honest even a rumour on the shortlist of directors would be okay to keep the excitement for the movie. most of all the phase 3 movies have announced writers and few directors except of maybe inhuman but that is still miles away in terms of release dates so at least a new writer or a director would keep the wheel spinning

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foolery View Post
    Having now seen both DoFP and Avengers 2, I think the terms Fox and Disney came up with are:
    Fox gets Quicksilver and Marvel gets Wanda.

Except Marvel needed Pietro for Wanda's introduction, so Fox allowed it on the condition they don't ever use the name Quicksilver, and they only get him for one movie, so Marvel killed him off.
    The most important part of this post is "Having now seen both DoFP and Avengers 2".. just remember that insight into behind the scenes stuff is always better through actual information and common sense, rather than trying to reverse engineer the movies and cross reference with what you know of the comics. "Needing" Pietro for Wanda's introduction doesn't make any sense.. if they can do without Magneto they could just as easily have written Wanda in without Pietro, if that's all they really wanted. They've never let adherence to the comics 'just because' actually get it the way of the stories they want to tell, and writing and casting a character for a whole movie would be a pretty huge thing to do arbitrarily.

What makes most sense is that Quicksilver was in the movie because they wanted him in the movie. I'm also inclined to think that he was always planned to die in this one, because Whedon loves reminding us of the mortality of these characters and the stakes of their battles, and Quicksilver is a perfect candidate for that since outside of the Silver Age, Wanda is much more associated with the Avengers than he is in general. And also because Whedon and Aaron Taylor-Johnson have said that was always planned. We also know that Fox didn't decide to put Quicksilver in DofP until pre-production on Age of Ultron was already well underway; Quicksilver's role actually belonged to Juggernaut in Vaughan and Goldman's script, and Singer made the change very last minute, even possibly after filming had begun.

The supposition that Marvel wasn't allowed to call him Quicksilver in the movie just based on the fact that they didn't.. also doesn't really make sense. It's very hard to imagine that Fox would specify what they can do in the movie, but have no problem with the name being used in all the marketing, merchandising, press, etc. This seems to be a situation like how the first Avengers never actually says "Hawkeye" in the movie.

Fantastic Member

Hope Marvel protects this guy well and also takes care of him with lots of Disney dollars because he has been an amazing force behind all of the Marvel movie successes. The success of the movies can obviously be attributed to a lot of other factors (good directors, scripts, effects, and Robert Downey, Jr), but it sounds like Feige has been the idea behind the cohesive Marvel movie universe. Part of me worries that the movies might begin to become too crowded with super-heroes or that the continuity between the movies (and throwing in Agents of SHIELD) might start to make the movies a bit intimidating for more casual fans, but I hope that this does not happen. I'd hate to see the movies as messed up as some of the continuity of the comics, such as whatever the hell is going on in the X-Men universe these days...

jacobtrue

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Except for, you know, they already did resurrect Coulson without any signs pointing to it happening in the first Avengers. Using Kree blood, which now ties Coulson and SHIELD to the Inhumans, which is a group of characters that in the comics has shared a previously established connection with Quicksilver.

So yeah, it's fan theory and may never happen, but don't pretend that it isn't at all possible or even unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    But they could easily make a movie with heavy dark tones while keeping the humour intact. Especially with characters like the Avengers who seem to have gallows humour no matter how dire a situation is.
    They've already done this with the Daredevil series. The dark and gritty atmosphere had humor interwoven through it and it was just great!

They're probably going to keep the dark tone contained to the Netflix series', unfortunately. Which is a shame.

I really don't want them to recast the characters. Any believability these movies have will go out the window if they do that. I think it would be much better to allow the characters to grow and age. Let them retire or die (I know...God forbid!) and have new characters take their place. This will allow the MCU to feel like it's set in the real world. That they're going through the years with us. Which is how it feels now. Recasting will only make them perpetually young characters with ever changing faces going through the motions until the franchise fizzles and dies.

Let the MCU come to an organic conclusion, put in on the shelf for 10-15 years, and then restart fresh with a new tone.
    Last edited by Don Owen; 05-08-2015 at 09:49 AM.

Marvel studios needs to have a paid internship/fellowship program. Somebody please ask him about this, if the Studio is open to this, and what entry level jobs are available with Marvel TV/Film Productions?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

How can Feige say there's no plan to bring back Quicksilver? The alternate ending exists for that very purpose.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Carry on then, Feige, with your vision. It works for your product.

No tension, no stakes, no consequences, and candy shell villains.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!