Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Behaviour of a guy I know

I've got some local friends with Asperger's like me, and we started meeting up every Monday and spending the day together in a bar/restaurant,

There's a young guy who comes, 18 years old, he thinks he has AS, he's very "model looking", he's also very emo and gets depressed a lot and complains.

A barmaid at the place chatted to us and asked one of the other women in our group to introduce them, and they started dating. She is older than him 25 or so.

They broke up, and I don't like it...

first, she was trying to clean table around us, and she was trying to avoid eye contact and obviously embarrassed, and his "aspie" friends (including women) started laughing and shouting to her "don't ignore us" and tugged on her skirt,

Then next week he was outside the bar (it has all glass front) with another older 25-ish woman, doing a big romantic display of lifting her up spinning around and kissing her, while the ex could see with hurt face from her cash register inside,

and this Monday, he was with another date, this time younger than him 15/16 or so, and when the ex came to clean near us (as she has to) he started doing loud cute type things of kissing her and tickling her nose (his new date that is).

all the other aspies seem to think its great though seeing her shamed.
    Last edited by tombo; 05-07-2015 at 01:38 PM.

Well, they're a pack of assholes then, aren't they?
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Well, they're a pack of assholes then, aren't they?
    Pretty much that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

call out your friends behavior, especially the ones that are cosigning the dudes actions and taking pleasure in her discomfort. maybe remind them that she or her co-workers have access to their food and drinks before it reaches the table and their gullet

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Pretty much that.
    yep.

(and you're associated with them. If it makes you uncomfortable? SAY SOMETHING to them about it)
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Say something.

Then, try for better friends.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Yeah, I'm guessing you're young and maybe if you're on the spectrum it's hard to make friends but a##holes are a##holes and it's only a matter of time until that's turned to you.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Screw these people. No one needs that kind of dramatic b.s. in their life.

a vital lesson in life is to sever negative influences..this is one of them.
    the are acting like jerks, and it seems to get a negative reaction out of you.
    either that or their behaviour will rub off on you too, it's inevitable, we are afterall made of the people we interact with.

don't fret, i'm sure you'll get a better circle of friends
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Thanks everyone,

I have autism, and I have pretty low confidence sometimes and sometimes find speech difficult, but other times I can be louder and speak up more, so It's a bit of a lottery for me. But they should be told off.

One of the "ringleaders" is a really creepy guy, I just don't know how to describe him. He's always telling sexy jokes and making people freaked out and talking about his genitals and graphic sex stories. But then he's so autistic and childlike that people let him off. He is really loving the waitress hate and flicked chewing gum at her etc.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tombo View Post
    One of the "ringleaders" is a really creepy guy, I just don't know how to describe him. He's always telling sexy jokes and making people freaked out and talking about his genitals and graphic sex stories. But then he's so autistic and childlike that people let him off. He is really loving the waitress hate and flicked chewing gum at her etc.
    Sounds like my boss. Like dzub said, it's time to get this guy / these people out of your life.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Seems like he's using his condition as a cover for his boorish behavior. He should be called out on it like anyone else would be.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

f. One of the "ringleaders" is a really creepy guy, I just don't know how to describe him. He's always telling sexy jokes and making people freaked out and talking about his genitals and graphic sex stories. But then he's so autistic and childlike that people let him off. He is really loving the waitress hate and flicked chewing gum at her etc.
    I'd get those people and this guy out of your life and maybe find another better group to hang out with instead. No one needs these kind of people in their lives and you'll probably feel a lot better without them. Also just because the guy has autism doesn't mean he should get a free pass on that type of behavior. That type of behavior isn't tolerated ordinarily so it shouldn't be tolerated here either.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-08-2015 at 09:54 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

thanks everyone.

I'll echo what everyone else has said - your 'friends' are c***s. Find new friends.

I know that's easier said than done, but it doesn't sound like these people are bringing anything positive to your life.