Default Sensation Comics #33 Digital SPOILERS

In this first of three parts we learn that Wonder Woman has been working with U.N. forces to prevent a civil war in the African nation, Itari.

And lo and behold, after 32 issues, Steve Trevor is featured. It's the older, Perez-version of Trevor. There's some bullets and bracelets action and Diana uses the tiara as a projectile--yay! Nice artwork. They put her in a hellenistic skirt, which is cool, but red gloves? Why? Diana does a Wonder-Spin from her costume into Themysciran-style garb to make a presentation at a peace conference.

Ares makes an appearance as the Big Bad at the end of the chapter. This was a pleasing mix of familiar Wonder Woman conventions in a modern story. I liked it.

sensation-comics-featuring-wonder-woman-33[1].jpg

For some reason the DC Comics app description of this issue is for a different story, by a different team of creators. It's described as being set in Gotham City. At first I said to myself, "Not more Gotham..."
    Last edited by Largo161; 05-07-2015 at 01:57 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

It's not the first time they changed the description of it.

I actually quite enjoyed this story. I feel like it takes place around the Gail Simone-era of WW. I don't know what the heck was going on with those gloves, though.

Love the Ares introduction scene (a bunch of crows forming his body). And I'm *so* glad they are finally using WW's villains again. I guess they're giving Batman's rogues a break this week.

The conversation bits with Steve were really nice. I still prefer New 52 Steve, but it's nostalgic seeing the fatherly Steve and Diana bond.