Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Are you excited about the X-Men moving off Earth?

Now that we know the X-Men's new status quo, are you excited about it? What stories do you hope to see? Is this a jumping on/off point for you? Have the X-men and I humans effectively swapped places in the MU? Give me your thoughts!

I would like to request that posters NOT come in here and start calling people paranoid/ridiculing posters/etc.

Well, given that the alternative is being props to the Avengers; then yes, i happy about this whole thing.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Have anywhere outside Bleeding Cool confirmed this apparent outcome (never mind why it's only after Secret Wars that the mist apparently affects mutants)?

Outside that I guess it does set up a nice new status quo for a group who have often been space farring anyway, especially with Kitty getting engaged to Star Lord.

I think it's time they take over the Shi'Ar Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Now that we know the X-Men's new status quo, are you excited about it? What stories do you hope to see? Is this a jumping on/off point for you? Have the X-men and I humans effectively swapped places in the MU? Give me your thoughts!

I would like to request that posters NOT come in here and start calling people paranoid/ridiculing posters/etc. if you don't think this is happening, just don't post.
    I don't claim any special knowledge as to whether the Bleeding Cool reveal is accurate or not. Heck, even if it is, Marvel could always switch it up depending on reactions to the news.

Saying it is happening, though, I would have to say that it's good for one or two major story arcs before they're going to want to find a way to bring at least some of the X-Men back to Earth. While space opera has always been a big element in the mix for X-Men comics, and a good one, it's still been one element among many. I don't think that all space mutants, all the time, will really be a great status quo for the long term.

That said, I'm pretty curious about the particulars. What region of space are they going to, controlled by what alien races? Are they going to settle with the permission of the species already there, or will they be invading colonizers? Or will they be continuing refugees traveling amongst the stars in some big habitat ship? Is it just the X-Men and friends, or is it all mutants, including all the new mutants created at the end of AvX? If the latter, did everybody go voluntarily, or are some essentially kidnap victims? If it's all mutants, how do they deal with mutant villains in their midst... are they stuck in a brig, or put on parole, or do the X-Men just pretend to forget about past misdeeds no matter how bad? What kinds of conflicts are we looking at, apart from the probably mandatory Brood stories (but is Broo with them?)? Do they kick Gladiator's rear for trying to destroy the Earth with all of them still on it? Speaking of which, considering how much he and his empire owe the Earth in general, and the X-Men in particular, going back to preventing the destruction of the universe in the Claremont/Byrne days, why didn't he offer to evacuate the Earth before destroying it?

If the rumor pans out to be true then perhaps it'll be explained the mists slowly poison or it's enough a cumulative effect? They can find a way to explain it. But it'll be interesting premise and it would be Planet X all over again.

Yes I am. I always wanted X-men to be in their own separate universe. This one is not quite the same, but it's a start. I think at first X-men will be still used in join events, but after a while writers will forget the X-men even exist and won't bring the X-men to any join events. I will be very happy if that happens.

I'd give it an arc, just for a bit of family unwinding, after SW. Heck, leave a team in space - it can be a nice, niche mutant space romp. Maybe move some of the B and C listers up the ranks.

Saying that however, we've already seen the effects on the franchise, when writers drift too long and too far from it's core ideas. The main team belong on earth with most of the A-list talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    I'd give it an arc, just for a bit of family unwinding, after SW. Heck, leave a team in space - it can be a nice, niche mutant space romp. Maybe move some of the B and C listers up the ranks.

Saying that however, we've already seen the effects on the franchise, when writers drift too long and too far from it's core ideas. The main team belong on earth.
    Valid points. It just depends on who is writing to determine how much this could take off and work.

I miss your old avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Valid points. It just depends on who is writing to determine how much this could take off and work.

I miss your old avatar.
    Yeah, the writer is the most important part.

(I needed something a little more upbeat. ;-) And I miss those two.)

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I think it's time they take over the Shi'Ar Empire.
    I'd rather see the noble Shi'Ar use the x-refugees as chained-up serving wenches.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    I'd rather see the noble Shi'Ar use the x-refugees as chained-up serving wenches.
    that's how it can start

BANNED

Only if the new headmaster is Friendless. The Shi'ar are nothing but a big bunch of Cuckoo Heads. I WIPE MYSELF with Sharra and K'Ythri!

BANNED

There's story potential in (nearly) every idea.

Execution matters.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    lmao! a bit on the nose story for the X-Men but Works for me.