Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Amazing Member

A different dimension would have worked. Something like Genosha with millions living in an isolated mostly-mutant society could have worked. The handful of mutants that are left packing a couple of bags and going off to live on Mars sounds like a disaster. It sounds like the end of the X-Men. Disney wins. Flawless victory.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Claremontian X-Men will always be the best Marvel ever had. The best-selling comic of all time.
    Agreed. So a year or two of space opera X-Men doesn't bother me at all, I just have a feeling that's as long as they can keep going with it before they feel a need to come back to Earth.

I mean, it was Claremont who first made space opera a really big component of the X-Men's adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Agreed. So a year or two of space opera X-Men doesn't bother me at all, I just have a feeling that's as long as they can keep going with it before they feel a need to come back to Earth.

I mean, it was Claremont who first made space opera a really big component of the X-Men's adventures.
    Yeah, but Claremont ain't around anymore(at least not like he used to be). Disney-Marvel can't be trusted to produce something equivalent to the DPS or the original Brood Saga(or even the Aussie sequel) in these depraved, dark times.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    I'd rather see the noble Shi'Ar use the x-refugees as chained-up serving wenches.
    Why exactly?

I honestly do not like the idea but looking at the current scenario is possible.

The problem is that sense of failure or giving up.

The dream is over because that is what it means to admit Xavier's dream would never work even if the Inhumans take the place of X-men in this direction still do not like that result.

Imagine the lesson that a reader or a child will draw from this story is impossible for people to leave their differences aside? You should change along their equals to another place because it will never be accepted in another culture? That should give up fighting for their rights.

I am a fan of Cyclops and I believe that the time had come to fight so I was excited about the mutant revolution as expected changes in the status quo but never gave up the dream just fighting for him.

This world is full of hate and fear and know that the time of the mutants compared to Avengers is not good in the movies but really think this is a good idea? I mean we are not doing exactly what they want to isolate us more and more?

It is like believing Marvel is right the Earth is Avengers World .
    Last edited by Knives; 05-07-2015 at 09:16 PM.

What I would like to see is an Earth where the only powered people are mutants, but there are non-powered folks, too. Best of both worlds...

Amazing Member

I'm not sure what it says about the X-men as a metaphor for persecuted minorities that Marvel's solution is to have them leave for their own planet. Of course, this has been tried before with Asteroid M, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by Dafyd View Post
    I'm not sure what it says about the X-men as a metaphor for persecuted minorities that Marvel's solution is to have them leave for their own planet. Of course, this has been tried before with Asteroid M, y'know?
    This! The symbolism is what has me enraged.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Now that we know the X-Men's new status quo, are you excited about it? What stories do you hope to see? Is this a jumping on/off point for you? Have the X-men and I humans effectively swapped places in the MU? Give me your thoughts!

I would like to request that posters NOT come in here and start calling people paranoid/ridiculing posters/etc.
    We DO NOT KNOW THE NEW STATES QUO. It's a rumor for bleeding cool. Not fact. We will bot know for sure what's after secret wars till (what a concept) after SW
    X-Men Forever

I highly doubt that is confirmed at all. Sounds pathetic... which means based on Editors recent abilities is probably true.

Here's something to consider though, why bother? If the X-men move, the threats made to them are gone. You think all the new mutants will automatically teleport to this new location so they can make stories? You think Sinister will up and join them?

Maybe what the X-men need is another time as 'dead', like after Fall of Mutants.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

This probably would mean they will interact with the Shi'ar, Guardians, Starjammer, Imperial Guard etc more. So, yeah I love it. No more listening to the arogant words of the Avengers. I love it. Now let us hope Bleeding Cool (the website who said this) is telling the truth.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

I have hopes. Depends on where they're going and what kind of planet it is.

It makes the X-Men look really bad to abandon all the mutants left on earth. Unless the mists really are causing mothers to miscarry anyone with an x-gene. But even then, their priority should be finding a way of stopping it. If decimation didn't stop them...

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    It makes the X-Men look really bad to abandon all the mutants left on earth. Unless the mists really are causing mothers to miscarry anyone with an x-gene. But even then, their priority should be finding a way of stopping it. If decimation didn't stop them...
    I think the artikel said all mutants would leave earth: "Because what we have now been told by multiple sources is that the X-Men will discover that the Inhuman Terragenesis mists kills mutants. And with it circling the globe, the X-Men and mutantkind choose to leave the Earth, go onto space, and found a brand new world."

So, all are saved and head to 'X-planet'
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Double post
    Last edited by The Fury; 05-08-2015 at 02:30 AM.