Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    It tells me that Hickman really needs the Phoenix for what he has planned, but did not want to force Bendis to spend his last issues setting up Secret Wars. That's awfully nice of him honestly. Hickman's Avengers run has accommodated some ridiculous continuity swerves when it sounds like he probably had enough pull to have outright killed things that didn't feed directly into Secret Wars. Marvel's biggest problem going in has been that while Hickman has accommodated everyone else, they've pretty much ignored him and the huge event right around the corner.
    Agreed 100%. We had the insufferable Inhumanity shoved down our Avengers throats and for what? Little more than a forgotten plot thread. And let's not forget about Rage of Ultron. A nice story but needlessly confusing when Secret Wars is yet finished.

Spectacular Member

My god, it everything would have had to tie into Secret Wars for the last few months the Marvel Universe would have been a very insufferable place. Having 3-4 books influenced by/written by Hickman was bad enough to slog through.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It makes more sense if it does take place after issue 1 since in the previews we see Spider-Man entering the UU in a similar way to how the Inhumans came to the Hulk wold in the preview of Attilan Rising and the lack of a red sky from an incursion.
    But then there's Cyclops without the changes to his costume from Secret Wars 01. :/

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    What it means is that Ultimate End is the Ultimate Universe and probably Marvel 616 realm book. They are positioned side-by-side, maybe they are still fighting on Battleworld and a lot of them survived?
    if Ultimate End is about a realm it would explain why there are dead characters on the covers of the books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CZor View Post
    Is not like Scott can't say a few lines on issue #2 about it and that's it......to me that would be better than having a whole story arc or take away from something to show how and why he go it.

Don't know how Scott can, he wasn't there for it, and Kitty stayed in space and we don't know what happen from there. One can only hope it's addressed in the Kitty an Starlord mini. If not it's a plot hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Don't know how Scott can, he wasn't there for it, and Kitty stayed in space and we don't know what happen from there. One can only hope it's addressed in the Kitty an Starlord mini. If not it's a plot hole.
    Scott can't say how he got hold of the Phoenix Egg because he wasn't there for it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Reads like they are laughing at our expense.
    Don't you know? Marvel lives off of our tears. Our salty, delicious tears of sadness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    The major thing about everything leading up to and including Secret Wars is that everyone fails at stopping the end of all of the universes. Stark figured it out early but instead of telling anyone he instead told Steve that the Avengers needed to get bigger to stop these giant threats. That way they would all still have hope right up until the end.
    That just makes it sadder, especially since Tony and Steve didn't go out like the rest of the characters. Everyone else went out fighting, or having a good time or at least trying to do what they had to do for their agenda. Tony and Steve just kept beating each other until they died.

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    Scott can't say how he got hold of the Phoenix Egg because he wasn't there for it?
    Whatever. Bottom line, if we never find out how he got the Phoenix Egg, and him becoming Phoenix in this issue turns out to be in any way important, it's poor and tawdry storytelling all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Don't you know? Marvel lives off of our tears. Our salty, delicious tears of sadness.

That just makes it sadder, especially since Tony and Steve didn't go out like the rest of the characters. Everyone else went out fighting, or having a good time or at least trying to do what they had to do for their agenda. Tony and Steve just kept beating each other until they died.
    Well Steve helped get the life boat situation going and then went to make sure Stark would not be a problem for the survivors and hopefully the readers ever again

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Well Steve helped get the life boat situation going and then went to make sure Stark would not be a problem for the survivors and hopefully the readers ever again
    I think that's too much to hope for.

I thought the Deadpool book handled the final incursion best.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Whatever. Bottom line, if we never find out how he got the Phoenix Egg, and him becoming Phoenix in this issue turns out to be in any way important, it's poor and tawdry storytelling all around.
    I expect we will see at least a flashback back to it in Secret Wars. More than that I can't even guess. I don't honestly keep up with the Xmen so that's a dangling plot thread I don't care about.

Bendis has two issues to wrap up his plot. I find it interesting we didn't see any of the O5 in the issue. Wonder if they are sent back

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Bendis has two issues to wrap up his plot. I find it interesting we didn't see any of the O5 in the issue. Wonder if they are sent back
    Angel is in Secret Wars 0, is silhouetted on page 11 here, and Jean is on covers and so will likely be involved.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

"They're easy to spot because everyone else is dead." I laughed at that.