Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Jean's stereotypical redhead temper is a critical part of the character to me. She might be quick to anger, but she is also (normally) quick to forgive, and rarely holds grudges.
    Agreed. Jean wouldn't be Jean without her occasional blow-ups.

Here's my attempt at Cyke. Most of them can be either positive or negative, rather than defaulting to one or the other.

Tsundere Scott is normally very cold, but has rare moments where he can be very warm and caring (much more so in private)

Eye of the Storm The crazier and more hopeless the situation appears, the calmer Scott is. He's at his worst in normal situations.

Demanding of both himself and those he leads. Claremont's quote was "Cyclops, the man who pushes the X-Men hard and himself harder"

Focused Varies between not losing sight of the mission to becoming myopic and not seeing other possibilities.

Alone Despite looking normal, Scott is often an outsider even among other outcasts. Partly due to who he is, and made worse by the 'Chains of Command'.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Oops I did more than 5 because I saw others doing more and misunderstood. I read it as 'at least' five. Void mine. I really see way more than 5 personality traits in most characters. I find it limiting to my brain. I cant really decide. Let someone else give Nightcrawler a try, lol!
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-08-2015 at 11:36 PM.

Dazzler:

Pros

Creativity (In all aspects of her life, whether it is expressing herself through musical artistry, reinventing her image as a constantly adapting chameleon (making her the light mirror of Mystique of sorts) or even using her powers in different, unique ways during battles)
    Vivacity (Given being a pop star AND superhero)
    Optimism (Believes in the best of humanity. She has seen humans and mutants alike drawn together by a love for her music, so she knows for sure that co-existence is not an impracticality)

Cons:

Guilt Complex driven Underconfidence (Her equation with her estranged father will forever haunt her to some degree; As a result, she will internalize aspersions (whether rational or irrational) cast by others. Not to the degree of self-loathing but something that may hamper her from believing in her convictions at times)
    Naivete (Her unbreakable optimism does cost her at times. Her tendency to believe the best in people also affects her observation skills to an extent)
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-09-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Dazzler also has that va va voom, and she knows it. Feeling her fantasy is definitely one of her traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Oops I did more than 5 because I saw others doing more and misunderstood. I read it as 'at least' five. Void mine. I really see way more than 5 personality traits in most characters. I find it limiting to my brain. I cant really decide. Let someone else give Nightcrawler a try, lol!
    It's fine, some characters might have quite a few, but I picked five because I thought it would add to the challenge to decide what the top ones were.

Nightcrawler, could be interesting. He's been written in so many ways over the years.

I've been trying to do the NXS and newer JGS kids and it's not good. Maybe, I just don't know them well enough, because I'm failing at thinking of essential personality traits for them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    X-23

Laconic - Tends to speak infrequently, and short and to the point when she does.
    Withdrawn - Struggles interacting with others, particularly emotionally. She's learning, but still sometimes falls short.
    Analytical - Carefully appraises the current situation before acting.
    Self-Sacrificing - Constantly puts the needs and good of others ahead of her own, and willing to sacrifice her own life to protect others.
    Dolorous - Prone to depressive states of varying severity, and struggles with her sense of self-worth and value.
    Oddly enough, I think my list for Cyclops would be pretty similar to this. His role as leader obviously means he has to speak more but he seems somewhat laconic in his private life.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Moai View Post
    Oddly enough, I think my list for Cyclops would be pretty similar to this. His role as leader obviously means he has to speak more but he seems somewhat laconic in his private life.
    There is a reason many people thought Bendis' tease could actually work on the page.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    There is a reason many people thought Bendis' tease could actually work on the page.
    It fits both cyclops, although teen cyclops may not be as analytical as old cyclops, and he may have gotten less withdrawn and dolorous thanks to the Father - son bonding time. Now let's hope bendis does a follow up on that

Wolverine:
    Strong Willed
    Independent
    Stubborn
    Rude
    Hot Blooded

Iceman:
    Confident
    Cheerful
    Hyperactive
    Egotistical
    Shallow

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

LONGSHOT

+

Extreme joy:
    His incessant happiness, optimism and fondness about everything is a gentle breeze in this usually grumpy Multiverse. Thanks Arize for give him such a luminous mood! ("My friend, if you didn't exist, nobody would be able to picture you").

Dangerous honesty:
    To me, this is his best trait. I call it The Pure Heart Terrorist Theory: being Longshot free of prejudices (that doesn't necessarily mean innocent or gulllible), in a strange world and with his mind wiped out, he shoots without the shadow of malice whatever it pass through his mind --and very often he deeply disturbes his public, because we are completely knotted by reserves, taboos, implicit understandings, hypocrisies, lies! He's kinda anarchist who slaps us in the face.

Absolute generosity: Connecting with said above: Longshot reads in the paper that a child has been kidnapped and 'logically' he gets ready to rescue her. His mate's answer: "What? That's just the news". "You mean it's a lie?". "Yes! Well --no, I guess it's true". "Then let's rescue her". For Longshot there isn't the least doubt when there's something to be done. Bravery, abnegation, altruism are simply taken for granted.

-

Slight fickleness:
    He tends to dishearten when things go too bad (although finally he always stands up again, because of his natural push to help: no wonder he lives in a neverending loop as the Fallen Messiah). As Vaughan explained so well in Ultimate X-Men, it might be due to his habit to be always supported by natural luck: actually, his apparently endless self-confidence can be break if he feels he's not being good or worthy enough (e.g., the fight against Gog N'Magog or the search at Horde's Citadel). In fact, he never recovered from the shock that Inferno's corruption caused on him, so he left X-Men.

Human love handicap: This may sound odd refering to Longshot, but if your love for life is so wide ("If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"), if you love everything and everybody in such a Buddhist way, you've got a disability to fall in love with just one, to be 'humanly' selfish --specially if you've got two hearts! Longshot dixit: "Can't there be room in my hearts for more than a single person?". The great lover just doesn't know how to love our way.

Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 05-13-2015 at 02:12 AM.

Can someone do a list for Psylocke? I feel like her traits and leanings shift dramatically in every series she's in to the point where it's virtually self-parody. Surely there's more to her then murderboners and dating broken people.

This is one of the best threads on here and barely has any replies compared to the 10 million threads on Iceman being gay that popped up. People took care of X and Jubes and did it well will have to think of one for somebody else later when i have a think about it. It's fun reading what people come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordel View Post
    Can someone do a list for Psylocke? I feel like her traits and leanings shift dramatically in every series she's in to the point where it's virtually self-parody. Surely there's more to her then murderboners and dating broken people.
    I'll give it a go.

Psylocke

Thrill-seeker: She has an eternal love of adventure and action, which often causes her to take unnecessary risks
    Coolheaded: However, Psylocke also has a talent for remaining calm and calculating under pressure, or in a dangerous situation
    Aristocratic: Her upper-class background is ingrained in her, as she has a natural poise and is adept at social manners
    Poor Romantic Judgment: She's impulsive about relationships and will often be drawn to someone even when it's inappropriate or obviously a bad match for her

Seconding this being a great thread. Being able to pare your favorites down to their essential parts is a good writing exercise too, imo.

Northstar:

Fractious - Takes very little at face value, highly critical, doesn't have a lot of patience for sugar-coating things, and isn't afraid to voice a dissenting opinion.
    Guarded - It takes a lot to get past the emotional distance Beaubier puts up around himself...
    Loyal - ...but once someone manages it, he'll go to the mat for them, even if they don't deserve it.
    Self-Sufficient - He's rebuilt his life back up from nothing several times over.
    Vainglorious - Because if you won't promote yourself, who will?
    Last edited by Anduinel; 05-13-2015 at 05:07 AM.