Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    My theory is that Bruce had it put about that Dick died after they both returned to Gotham probably as a result of whatever injuries he sustained while he was in captivity and/or due to complications caused by Luther killing him temporarily. That would account for the fact that some members of the JL as well as some villains saw him alive at the end of FE as well as why they may believe he is dead now assuming of course that is how things stand as of now. Joker sure seemed surprised to see him in the final Endgame issue so his reaction might support this theory. Right now that's how I'm seeing it anyway and until something happens that contradicts that in story that's the way I'm making this work.

In any case my point from before still stands. If DC was going to retcon Dick's role in FE so soon then it would not have been mentioned in his Secret Orgin story nor would they have billed the July issue of Grayson in the way that they did. I'm not saying that they will never ever retcon it in the future I just don't happen to think they will do so at this time. July's Grayson issue should go a long way toward clearing things up or at least I'm hoping it will.
    I really don't think there's much of a disagreement here. Although some might want all of Dick's role in Forever Evil to be eliminated (I wouldn't object to it myself), I don't think that anyone is actually predicting that right now. Rather, I think most people want some sort of explanation of why in the world anyone thinks Dick is dead, given that all of two Justice Leagues saw him alive when they emerged from the Firestorm Matrix. So far, the hints we have been given have made no sense whatsoever. And every possible explanation adds complications. For instance, who did they bury at his funeral (surely Barbara at least demanded to see the body)? How in the world would they hope to pull a lie like that over on people whose super senses would have told them that Dick was not mortally injured? What did Dick think was going on while he was recovering in the Bat Cave, did Bruce actually hold him prisoner down there? And on and on and on. In any case, I think it's the word "retcon" that is causing the problem. Maybe "modify and explain" would be less controversial?

One interesting thing about the solution you propose is that it means Luthor would now have no reason to believe Dick is alive. Why would Bruce reveal the deception to him, after all? That would make matters a little more straightforward in terms of people knowing or not (we could just assume no one knows until Dick reveals himself to them). But that would certainly be a modification of the situation that existed as of the end of Forever Evil, as well as a change in Seeley and King's original plans, as early on they said they went into the series under the belief that Luthor and Selina were in on the Big Secret.

Also, as Claude has pointed out, there are threads in Darkseid War that could touch on this (Owlman and Superwoman's baby, particularly). It's possible that whatever is said in Grayson will have to (or at least ideally should) dovetail with whatever is said in Darkseid War. That makes for a lot of balls to keep in the air, if true. But I suppose that's what Bat Summits and DC Summits are for.
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 05-10-2015 at 07:05 PM.

Just wanted to say I've got the entire run of Grayson so far. They only book I haven't gotten yet is Nightwing #30, but I will soon. I think Grayson is an incredible book. Really really incredible. I LOVE the Mission Impossible movies and this is pretty much Dick being Ethan Hunt. With all the Tech, the stunts and detective/spy work. Even using the mask to copy other people. I've always loved Dick Grayson and I was actually hyped when I first heard of this direction, but I didn't pick it up. I know, I know. My bad lol. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. The only bad thing is we have to wait until the end of June for the next issue. Also I ordered the first trade as well. Looking forward to seeing Grayson meeting Lex again and meeting up with Batgirl in her next Annual.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-21-2015 at 01:55 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    The only bad thing is we have to wait until the end of June for the next issue.
    Ugh, don't remind me.

penetrator of things

Just wanted to say I've got the entire run of Grayson so far. They only book I haven't gotten yet is Nightwing #30, but I will soon. I think Grayson is an incredible book. Really really incredible. I LOVE the Mission Impossible movies and this is pretty much Dick being Ethan Hunt. With all the Tech, the stunts and detective/spy work. Even using the mask to copy other people. I've always love Dick Grayson and I was actually hyped when I first heard of this direction, but I didn't pick it up. I know, I know. My bad lol. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. The only bad thing is we have to wait until the end of June for the next issue. Also I ordered the first trade as well. Looking forward to seeing Grayson meeting Lex again and meeting up with Batgirl in her next Annual.
    Did you like the Futures End tie-in issue? It's one of my favorites.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    Did you like the Futures End tie-in issue? It's one of my favorites.
    It was awesome! It is one of mines as well.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Ugh, don't remind me.
    My bad lol. I know. I really can't wait to see what happens next. I think it's going to be awesome with Helena running Spyral now.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Just wanted to say I've got the entire run of Grayson so far. They only book I haven't gotten yet is Nightwing #30, but I will soon. I think Grayson is an incredible book. Really really incredible. I LOVE the Mission Impossible movies and this is pretty much Dick being Ethan Hunt. With all the Tech, the stunts and detective/spy work. Even using the mask to copy other people. I've always love Dick Grayson and I was actually hyped when I first heard of this direction, but I didn't pick it up. I know, I know. My bad lol. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. The only bad thing is we have to wait until the end of June for the next issue. Also I ordered the first trade as well. Looking forward to seeing Grayson meeting Lex again and meeting up with Batgirl in her next Annual.
    Glad to hear that you liked it. I think it's a pretty great book myself. I'm looking forward to June myself.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG