Default So what's the marital status of Storm?

is she still married to the Black Panther in the Marvel Universe?

just wondering, as I'm seeing her in a lot of X-books at the moment, and they just announced her new solo book.

if she's no longer married to the Black Panther, how was that explained away?

(and I did look at Storm appreciation thread, and neither the opening post with details mentions her husband (under relatives), nor does the linked biography even bring up the marriage!).

so what's the status?

Just curious (I'm not really a Marvel reader, so I recall seeing about the marriage a few years back.. but heard nothing since?).

thanks!
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Storm is single and by all definitions has never been married, at least under Wakanda law, as Black Panther annulled the marriage. It was annulled shortly after Storm and a team of xmen invaded wakanda during avx under a covert ops mission to find hope. She encounterd him while there Her and had a huge fight:

This however was not the reason for the annulment. Namors attack on Wakanda which killed thousands of wakandans resulted in the annulment.

Storm promised thereafter to never return to Wakanda, but Tchalla freed her of this obligation when she and Wolverine snuck into Wakanda in search of a cure for a sentient virus which negated the efficacy of his healing factor.

Post aVX they appear to still be friends with each other and have had a couple of encounters on panel. One where storm disrupted an attempt to find tchalla a new wife (an attempt he disapproved) and one where they play chess via the internet.

Storm promised never to return to Wakanda after AVX but Tchalla freed her from this obligation:

Storms future daughter Kymera goes to the 616 Storm during BOTA to find criminal xmen from the future. Though the father of the child is currently unknown, it would appear that BP is the father, as Kymera is seen with a black panther and it has what appears to be Vibranium markings. This would infer some type of reconciliation could be in store for the two in the future.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-22-2014 at 09:41 PM.

^^ thanks for the info.

exactly what I was looking for answers to.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    ^^ thanks for the info.

exactly what I was looking for answers to.

You are very welcome and please post on Storms appreciation page next time u stop by!

BANNED

Storm's marriage with BP was nullified so it's like it never happened.