Default Can you imagine if the DC universe was asia centric instead of US centric?

Metropolis would probably be like Tokyo. Very safe, clean and futuristic.

Gotham would be Hong Kong because it's a little grittier and with higher crime but still so beautiful. I can definitely imagine batman wanting to fight for a city like Hong Kong.

Wonder Woman would probably live in South Korea, correct me if I'm wrong but I think they've currently got a woman prime minister and I think she would love that.

Aquaman would be Samoan because I like what Jason momoa said about them worshipping the water and it's a little more segregated from the rest of the Asian area like Atlantis is from the main DC universe I reckon.

Anyway that's what I think

I heard russia, china, india and iran are teaming up against the american empire.

Fantastic Member

Last I checked, HK has significantly lower murder rate than Tokyo.

Also Samoan isn't in Asia.
    Last edited by qwerty3w; 05-09-2015 at 10:39 AM.

It wouldn't be DC comics it would be 侦探漫画 Shonen or something like that.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

"For truth, justice and the Asian way!"

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

They'd mostly all be in one country, since Asian countries are just as nationalistic as the US is. Superman's not really North American, he's American. And, since it's DC, they'd all be in fictional cities, except for occasionally Green Arrow. Because the Ollie of any nation is just like that.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quick someone create a multiverse version of this

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty3w View Post
    Last I checked, HK has significantly lower murder rate than Tokyo.

Also Samoan isn't in Asia.
    Australasian area (plus I did mention that it's slightly out of field like Atlantis in the original post).

Plus really about Hong Kong? Even with the triads etc? Japan has such a low crime rate that I just thought it was way lower. Oh well Hong Kong still has all the gorgeous lights, shadows and beautiful architecture to make it gothamesque

For a more realistic portrayal of the various empires and powers on the planet, can have super heroes as the products of a bio tech arms race among america, canada, europe, japan, china, russia, india, pakistan, iran, saudi arabia, israel, north korea, brazil, south africa, australia, etc.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 05-09-2015 at 03:09 PM.

It would certainly be interesting, but keep in mind, Asia includes more countries - more cultures and more variety, perhaps..so, it would be hard to be asia-centric (they would have to focus on one country in particular, to be comparable. DC Universe , right now, is just focused on one country).

I would very much like for DC to expand their books - bring other countries (and heroes of other countries into the mix).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.