Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default 5 More Characters We Gotta See in "Civil War"

The recently announced cast for Marvel's "Captain America: Civil War" may be packed with heroes, but there are still more that need to appear.

Full article here.

At some point, Jackson is gonna have to retire...

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Betty White is 93 and says she won't be retiring even after her sitcom ends this year. It's not like Fury is as physically demanding a role as Wolverine.

I am sure Spider-Man will appear but I get the sense people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they think it's going to be a huge, main role.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Not really. With the exception of Winter Soldier, Fury generally doesn't do anything that'd be difficult as he gets up there in years.

Freaking spider-man attention....Meh meh meh

This list needs Hope Van Dyne and Hank Pym.

They might be holding off on Hope becoming Wasp until Infinity War. There's already so much going on in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They might be holding off on Hope becoming Wasp until Infinity War. There's already so much going on in this movie.
    What I want to see is an end credits scene for Ant-Man where we see Hope getting prepared to finally sleep relaxed after the events of the movie and before she heads to bed she opens her drawer and bam. There is a Wasp costume there.

I'm okay with her not appearing in Civil War if this happens. I know I shouldn't get my hopes high but I can't help it. :P

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

I disagree that Spider-Man can't unmask in Civil War.

By not retelling the origin, Marvel is pretty much acknowledging that people have all seen a live action Spider-Man and the novelty of it has passed. Live action Spidey doesn't need to be re-established before you unmask him, even if you go with a 3rd actor for the part... people get it. As long as you establish Peter Parker for a few minutes beforehand so we at least know who's playing him, the rest of the OG Civil War story can stay the same.

If they're going to change the story to the point where Spidey's not a key part of it, I'd leave him out entirely. And so would Marvel, I bet. You don't need that distraction unless you're going to do something significant with it. A Spidey appearance of any kind would be the only thing anyone would be talking about before and after seeing it.

But it's supposed to be a Cap film.
    Last edited by _underscore; 05-09-2015 at 01:25 PM.

Really sick of the whole "Spidey was a huge part of the comic series" argument...This Civil War is really only adapting the name and the idea of heroes coming into conflict. I'd hope they don't rush him into this one. Do you want to see Spidey shoehorned in just for the sake of having him in there? He's not going to have the same role or impact in the story, so wouldn't you rather his long awaited MCU debut be more than a forced cameo? I know I would. If you want to name drop Parker somehow, go for it. Or mid-credits? Sure. But like I said I'd rather his debut not be forced into an already crowded film.

I also think (hope?) that the creative forces behind this movie are smart enough to keep the focus on a small core of characters despite the huge cast, for the sake of better storytelling. Some of the most panned super hero movies all suffered from trying to focus on too many characters.
    I think that in the end this will still feel legitimately like a Captain America story and not "Avengers 2.5". Otherwise why use this story in a Cap film instead of an Avengers sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Betty White is 93 and says she won't be retiring even after her sitcom ends this year.
    Well, Betty doesn't have a choice. She's got a lot of gambling debt with seedy loan sharks.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Why not re-name the movie Avengers: Civil War? This cast is huge.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

mccannon

What if, instead of fully having Spiderman play a role in the plot, they play some video of him as evidence in the court case. (Having never read the comics, I'm imagining Ironman and Cap pleading their respective cases at a Supreme or World court of some kind) something similar could be done with Daredevil.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TonySnark View Post
    Do you want to see Spidey shoehorned in just for the sake of having him in there?
    I'd be fine with a cameo appearance.