Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Niffleheim

Outlander and Downton Abbey. The lengths i go to hide that i'm watching these shows is ridiculous lol!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    My guilty pleasure tv show used to be Maury but then i got sick of it and i stopped watching.
    That show seems to all be the same thing now.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 05-11-2015 at 03:28 PM.

BANNED

It used to be The Blacklist. But the show has gotten better this season. Whereas before it came across as if they were just making up the story as they went along.

Fantastic Member

Before it ended True Blood. Terrible show that got progressively worse but I couldn't stop watching.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    That show seems to all be the same thing now.
    yeah, paternity test after paternity test.

they stopped doing people with strange phobias and my mom dresses too sexy.

i think the reason they stopped doing shows about disfigured people is because of that episode of south park they did.

There's no such thing as a "guilty pleasure" because I don't think anyone should feel guilty for what they like.

If we're talking potentially unpopular opinions on shows that are otherwise disliked by a significant crowd, I'd have to go with Hulk and the Agents of SMASH.....Yeah. A cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    It used to be The Blacklist. But the show has gotten better this season. Whereas before it came across as if they were just making up the story as they went along.
    C'mon there's nothing to feel guilty about, it's James Spader
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    There's no such thing as a "guilty pleasure" because I don't think anyone should feel guilty for what they like.
    This.

Lots of people hate Teen Titans Go! but I absolutely love it. I think it's hilarious and it's light-hearted and makes me laugh. It's one of those shows that just makes me happy. I also have the first two seasons of SpongeBob on DVD and I watch those too when I need a pick-me-up and something light. sorrynotguilty
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    This x 2.

And as much as I understand and acknowledge that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, at some fundamental level, part of me will always believe that anyone who doesn't like the things I like is simply wrong.

I don't know what constitutes a guilty pleasure show. But if I do have one, I'm going to say it Married...With Children. That show is a classic. It's crude, obscene, and politically incorrect. It would probably never work in today's media. But that's what makes it so enjoyable.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

My guilty pleasure shows aren't really for any of their content, just for how often I rewatch them. I've seen episodes of Gilmore Girls, I Love Lucy, and Prosecutor Princess way too often. Yo Gabba Gabba. I've watched way too much Yo Gabba Gabba with or without children present.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Married...With Children... politically incorrect.
    It wasn't, really, especially not for the time. Anything that appears to be is couched in some indictment of either a character or us, the audience. It was a pretty "play fair" and liberal show, it just wasn't touchyfeely about it.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Watching Property Brothers and House Hunters has become a weekly ritual for me and my girlfriend.
    There's nothing wrong with watching HGTV as an adult thinking about buying a house/apartment. I love watching House hunters International to see how living spaces overseas compare to american trends.

Retired

Part of the pleasure is the guilty feeling. If you don't feel like you're doing something you shouldn't, it's just not as exciting.

Sorry if I wasn't that clear when I started this thread. This sums up what I think of a guilty pleasure.
    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    A guilty pleasure is something one enjoys and considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it. The "guilt" involved is sometimes simply fear of others discovering one's lowbrow or otherwise embarrassing tastes, such as campy styles of entertainment.
    There are television shows that aren't the greatest and have a boat load of problems going for them. Kinda like my lovely BGT mentioned at the beginning. Regardless, I can't stop watching and enjoying the heck out of it. I just wanted to see if there were others who would normally avoid certain shows but are drawn to them anyways.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

All of those "Pawn Stars" and Storage whatever shows, back when I had cable.

Now that I don't, I guess it would be Judge Judy.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.