Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The 2005 film was decent (in and of itself), but my continued anger at the terrible version of Doom ruins it for me (and renders it unwatchable).

Doom doomed the film. And it seems Fox still doesn't get that failing with Doom will hurt word of mouth on the film.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-11-2015 at 08:56 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Two Cap movies, two Avengers movies, two FF movies, and The Losers. Who's been in more than seven?
    Tadanobu Asano comes to mind fastest. The two Thor movies, two Ichi adaptations, Lupin III, Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl, Rampo Noir (if you count it), Parasyte, at minimum.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Tadanobu Asano comes to mind fastest. The two Thor movies, two Ichi adaptations, Lupin III, Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl, Rampo Noir (if you count it), Parasyte, at minimum.
    I'm not a manga expert, so I had no idea. He definitely has Evans beat.

I'm not a manga expert, so I had no idea. He definitely has Evans beat.
    In terms of American films, Penny Singleton had like a zillion Blondie movies (except the ones she wasn't in) and they're all really good. But, that was also ages ago.

Evans is definitely up there, though. It'd break my heart to hear he hated comics or superheroes.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    See I've always seen Sue Storm as attractive, but no necessarily "supermodel" hot. And she's also supposed to be a genius in her own right (something that, for better or worse, the reboot seems to be going with). Alba was completely unable to sell "smart scientist" Sue, and the script did her no favors in that regard.
    Maybe not 616 Sue but Ultimate Sue seems to fit supermodel hot.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid View Post
    What do you think of these movies?
    I felt the first Fantastic Four movie was pitch perfect for what it was meant to be. It was light and fun and kid-friendly.
    I thought Daredevil with Ben Affleck was great as well, there were some excellent scenes in it. Especially when you consider the year it came out, before there were big budgets for comic book movies. Ok I wasn't crazy about the Daredevil Electra interactions, but it was still pretty good.

I'll add another: I thought the Green Lantern movie was pretty good too. OK I didn't like the villain and there were some cheesy scenes, but overall it wasn't bad. I think people were expecting Iron Man and they got The CW instead, but still I enjoyed it and thought Reynolds did a great job.

Alba seemed to sell "smart" to me just as much as the actor's playing Reed or Doom. She just took off her clothes more often.

For reasons.

Called bad script.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Maybe not 616 Sue but Ultimate Sue seems to fit supermodel hot.
    At one point in established 616 continuity (which may or may not have been retconned out) Sue Storm was a professional actress and model before getting her powers (and for a while after).

BANNED

Two Cap movies, two Avengers movies, two FF movies, and The Losers. Who's been in more than seven?
    Don't forget Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (granted, it's a very forgettable movie, but still . . . ) and Snowpiercer.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Don't forget Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (granted, it's a very forgettable movie, but still . . . ) and Snowpiercer.
    Yeah, I forgot about Scott Pilgrim. And he has a cameo in The Dark World, so technically that's ten movies.

Yeah, I forgot about Scott Pilgrim. And he has a cameo in The Dark World, so technically that's ten movies.
    Outside of Penny Singleton, I think he might have it, then. That is a lot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    It's the most memorable of all those movies.

BANNED

I never saw it, it looked rushed, like the movie studio really wanted to cash in on superhero movies and couldn't wait to have the movie out.

same reason why i didn't see green lantern.

BTW Folks, this movie aired on Disney XD several days ago....Yes, Disney/Marvel just promoted a property they don't own, and practically advertised the reboot.

Call me crazy, but is something going on between FOX and Disney right now? O.O

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    BTW Folks, this movie aired on Disney XD several days ago....Yes, Disney/Marvel just promoted a property they don't own, and practically advertised the reboot.

Call me crazy, but is something going on between FOX and Disney right now? O.O
    You mean something other than the fact that Disney/Marvel likely has some kind financial stake in the success of the FF films? At the very least, they likely get a piece of the merchandising.