Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Can NOT wait to get this next week!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    It's the only Thanos worth my while. Any other version just does not feel right.
    I thought Kieth Giffen captured Thanos's voice well.

Just finished this issue. Got it directly when it was released but I've been saving it for the weekend . I liked it a lot as a good set up for more to come and I wonder how it ties in to the major thing Marvel has been building towards in many places; time is broken. I guess Thanos will be involved in that resolution and perhaps that's why Marvel put a moratorium on Starlin's use of Thanos and Warlock (still peeved about that).

Starlin mentioned three Thanos projects he had cleared, this Annual, Infinity Revelation and then a third project I've forgotten. Does anyone else remember?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ciriaco View Post
    Just finished this issue. Got it directly when it was released but I've been saving it for the weekend . I liked it a lot as a good set up for more to come and I wonder how it ties in to the major thing Marvel has been building towards in many places; time is broken. I guess Thanos will be involved in that resolution and perhaps that's why Marvel put a moratorium on Starlin's use of Thanos and Warlock (still peeved about that).

Starlin mentioned three Thanos projects he had cleared, this Annual, Infinity Revelation and then a third project I've forgotten. Does anyone else remember?
    He does a Savage Hulk arc. I haven't heard anything besides that.

Amazing Member Thor God Of Thunder's Avatar

Can someone just explain annuals to me, is this like a one off book with no bearing on anything? I'm awaiting the Infinity omnibus would this book spoil it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor God Of Thunder View Post
    Can someone just explain annuals to me, is this like a one off book with no bearing on anything? I'm awaiting the Infinity omnibus would this book spoil it?
    This Annual is the lead in to the forthcoming Thanos story, Infinity Revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    He does a Savage Hulk arc. I haven't heard anything besides that.
    I found the source and it was supposed to be three Thanos-projects, but the third one wasn't revealed at the time. And then the "ban" came at the time of C2E2 (link), however not mentioned if this stops the third project or any other future plans Starlin had.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ciriaco View Post
    I found the source and it was supposed to be three Thanos-projects, but the third one wasn't revealed at the time. And then the "ban" came at the time of C2E2 (link), however not mentioned if this stops the third project or any other future plans Starlin had.
    What does Marvel have against Stalin, its not like any of his work will effect MarvelNOW at best it would be an out of continuity story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    What does Marvel have against Stalin, its not like any of his work will effect MarvelNOW at best it would be an out of continuity story.
    They have nothing against him, they just have to be careful with what he touches because of his tendency to go too wild with properties.
    When it comes to Warlock and Thanos he tends to go retcon heavy with anything that came before.

Also, they might have future plans for said properties.

I happen to love Starlin, but I can see where Marvel is coming from.

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

I think the third Thanos project Starlin was talking about is his run on Savage Hulk. He said it's gonna involve Thanos, Blastaar and Annihilus

Amazing Member Thor God Of Thunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    This Annual is the lead in to the forthcoming Thanos story, Infinity Revelation.
    Is that going to be a proper run or will it just be a couple of issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor God Of Thunder View Post
    Is that going to be a proper run or will it just be a couple of issues.
    It's a single story.
    I believe it's an OGN.

So a full story one and done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    They have nothing against him, they just have to be careful with what he touches because of his tendency to go too wild with properties.
    When it comes to Warlock and Thanos he tends to go retcon heavy with anything that came before.

Also, they might have future plans for said properties.

I happen to love Starlin, but I can see where Marvel is coming from.
    Can you blame him, I would probably do the same. In Infinity Thanos felt forced in by Marvel editors and Hickman didn't even try writing him
    he just phoned in a generic bruiser that could one hit everyone with none of the personality Starlin established for him. Besides
    Starlin has been out of Marvel for a long time let the man tell his story of Thanos and Warlock it not like they will have any impact on Marvel's universal plan.

Can you blame him, I would probably do the same. In Infinity Thanos felt forced in by Marvel editors and Hickman didn't even try writing him
    he just phoned in a generic bruiser that could one hit everyone with none of the personality Starlin established for him. Besides
    Starlin has been out of Marvel for a long time let the man tell his story of Thanos and Warlock it not like they will have any impact on Marvel's universal plan.
    Agreed, although it seems that whatever beef he had with Marvel's mandate has been cleared up recently.
    Starlin completed his 3 Marvel projects for THIS year (Thanos Annual, Savage Hulk, Infinity Revelation) but it seemed he's been hinting that there is more to come next year.
    I'm guessing that Marvel clued him in on the plans for Warlock since that first post, and they may be more involved than he was originally thinking, that's why it was "hands off" at that moment.
    Warlock was seen in Uncanny Avengers as part of a NEW Infinity Watch. Maybe Starlin had to wait for that Remender arc to finish up before he could make his plans?
    I sure hope that's the case.

Anyway, I LOVED this issue! A great gateway book for those who want to know more about Thanos' history and a trip down memory lane for those of us who were there the first time around.
    It was just great hearing that unmistakable Starlin/Thanos voice again. He' such an a-hole! Lol, I LOVED it!
    I enjoyed Thanos' different points of view and he greatly elaborated on the terrible burden of a supreme being that Adam Warlock first hinted at WAAAY back in Warlock and The Infinity Watch #1.
    Basically, it sucks being "all-knowing", it means you can barely enjoy your victories because you also know that you will fall.
    Now THAT'S some hardcore continuity for you (He even showed us that rarely seen "True form" of Mephisto that most people forgot existed ages ago).
    How great was it to get those editor notes telling us where to go for "more on that story"?
    Those notes helped me build my comic collection years ago, great seeing them make a comeback... at least for THIS issue.

Above all else this issue got me EXCITED for what comes next.
    Starlin has Thanos and Adam Warlock, two former supreme beings setup for something BIG even by THEIR standards.
    I cant wait for August, if this primer was any indication The Infinity Revelation will be EPIC!

It doesn't necessarily mean it's a ban specifically against Starlin.

It might simply be a matter of marvel not allowing anyone else to use Thanos or Warlock since they might have plans for them (perhaps relating to Hickman's stuff).

I already have a few question marks about whether or not what Starlin is doing will complement what we're seeing with Hickman. It actually might be a good idea to hold off on Starlin's and anyone else's usage of the character until after Hickman is done.