Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Again, sales are much better than they were a few years ago (especially when you factor in digital's growth since the reboot), so saying the opposite is kind of fatiguing.
    I don't think so, boost by gimmicks is prety easy to do. variant covers, new #1s...

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xon-Ur View Post
    I honestly think the titles listed above, along with new series and teams, a full exploitation of the Multiverse concept, digital release, and increased marketing and a plan similar to what Marvel did with Marvel Now! could have been more than enough to stave off a reboot.
    Except the line wide relaunch was a risky gamble and would not have generated the media buzz that a reboot would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I don't think so, boost by gimmicks is prety easy to do. variant covers, new #1s...
    That's all Marvel does these days. Their numbers are entirely inflated by their constant stream of new #1's, gimick concepts and mega events.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I don't think so, .
    You don't think sales are better? They are, though. It's not debatable, either.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    You don't think sales are better? They are, though. It's not debatable, either.
    It's clearly a conspiracy between Diamond and comichron.com to trick people into believing DC's sales are better now.

EDIT: Oh, can't forget the evil Paul Newell and his dirty lies...
    Last edited by GlennSimpson; 05-11-2015 at 02:16 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    It's clearly a conspiracy between Diamond and comichron.com to trick people into believing DC's sales are better now.

EDIT: Oh, can't forget the evil Paul Newell and his dirty lies...
    If anybody can prove a conspiracy as you (jokingly) suggest exists, then great. Until then, however, this constant chant of current DC sales being comparable to what they were at the time of the reboot is getting dangerously close to being trollish. Reminds me of a poster who would state repeatedly that the DCU was the first DC universe, which was ridiculous. I don't know if he ever got the message, but I do know he got the boot for that type of crap.

Just saying, of course.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Generous Disney cash makes sure mickey does not go to the public domain. Mickey seems to be used in tv in cartoons. The flashpoint reboot did seem abrupt but any reboot helps boost sales. Lots of people probably bought the new 52 comics to find out what happened to the characters after the reboot. Marvel is probably also expecting a boost in sales post secret wars from the panicking zombies.
    Every time it was close to putting Mickey into public domain Congress passed bills to extent it. The last I remember it is 100 years after the death of the creator. This, of course' is not limited to Disney.

Everybody benefits. It certainly stunts the variety that a wider bunch of writers could do with characters.

later

bill