Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1

Father. Husband. Hero. The Amazing Spider-Man isn't safe from the Secret Wars - and neither are you! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #1, from blockbuster creators Dan Slott and Adam Kubert! Trust us, you have to read this to believe it! Prepare for the next evolutionary step in Peter Parker's life as the Parker family faces Battleworld...together. Peter, Mary Jane and their daughter may not have much, but they have each other. Even as his city is torn asunder by a mysterious new villain, the safety of Peter's wife and daughter comes first. But who is this mysterious "Regent" who has claimed the lives of so many heroes? How long till Spider-Man and his family are in his crosshairs? This is the story you've been waiting for. No fan can afford to miss the seismic AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #1 when it explodes into comic shops this June!

Full preview here.

Amazing Member

This book is going to be pure emotional torture if this Peter / MJ / May don't survive Secret Wars. :/

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

It would be nice to see them live, or the reality to continue in some form or other. Marvel must know Peter and MJ together have a lot of fans. That said, I respect the idea of wanting to craft a solid story than just them married with a kid. It's good to see the other heroes aren't forgotten either. I like the retro and subtle redesigns for the Avengers.

Also is Darkseid attacking them there? Wonder if that's the Regent. Slott did hint at the idea that the Regent is a new villain rather than an established one, so I wonder whether it's that character which will be the element which survives Secret Wars, rather than the marriage. (Darn it I bet it is that.)

Mighty Member

According to last weeks spider mandate Peter may have a family, but that all other aspects od his life will suck.

That Campbell variant is calling to me... I must spend money... must have...
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Mighty Member

Looksna bit like nimrod.

So excited for this. Probably my most anticipated book of all time. Looking very nice with the colors!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Looksna bit like nimrod.
    The regency is surrounded by a few locales including the 1602 universe and Kun Lun, plus a mystery domain. So he might be from one of those if he's not a native.

So, someone else is paranoid about this to point of thinking that the Regent is some far-future descendant of Peter and MJ, and the only way to stop him is to do something similar to One More Day ?.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    That Campbell variant is calling to me... I must spend money... must have...
    +1

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    So, someone else is paranoid about this to point of thinking that the Regent is some far-future descendant of Peter and MJ, and the only way to stop him is to do something similar to One More Day ?.
    If they are from an alternate universe where they remained married, I don't really think it'd matter.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    If they are from an alternate universe where they remained married, I don't really think it'd matter.
    But, if this alternative universe becomes the standard universe (or part of it) after Secret Wars it does matter. I remember seeing rumors that
    this is what would happen and Peter would take more time to raising a family and training Miles Morales (who could be part of this new universe too)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    But, if this alternative universe becomes the standard universe (or part of it) after Secret Wars it does matter. I remember seeing rumors that
    this is what would happen and Peter would take more time to raising a family and training Miles Morales (who could be part of this new universe too)
    Which would make more sense than OMDing an alternate universe couple you didn't even have to introduce if the intent was to keep 616 Peter unmarried. I don't think the marriage is returning, but if it did it'd explain why they trotted the couple out to begin with.

I don't even want to speculate just so happy to see them married. It's like 2007 again. Umm is this the same Peter on the life raft I wonder

All-New Member

I really, really, really, really would love if they kept this version of Spiderman but I don't think they will because Marvel just cares about Generation Whatever and appealing to the 12 year olds of tomorrow and that means Peter will forever stay 21, be banging random girls and never become an adult. Meanwhile adult fans who grew up and actually can relate to being married and having kids have no interest in seeing a perpetual 21 year old would like to see this version of Spiderman. If they want a younger Spiderman they have Miles Morales or they could dig up that storyline where Norman Osborn stole their baby before when MJ was pregnant in the 90's and they told her the baby died but Osborn stole it and genetically age the kid so he has a teenage son and create peter Parker's son as the new Spider-man. I mean if they can have a million clones and alternate reality versions of the X-men hanging out with their current selves then they could have Peter Parker's son. I mean the Hulk even has a son now!!