Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1

Father. Husband. Hero. The Amazing Spider-Man isn't safe from the Secret Wars - and neither are you! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #1, from blockbuster creators Dan Slott and Adam Kubert! Trust us, you have to read this to believe it! Prepare for the next evolutionary step in Peter Parker's life as the Parker family faces Battleworld...together. Peter, Mary Jane and their daughter may not have much, but they have each other. Even as his city is torn asunder by a mysterious new villain, the safety of Peter's wife and daughter comes first. But who is this mysterious "Regent" who has claimed the lives of so many heroes? How long till Spider-Man and his family are in his crosshairs? This is the story you've been waiting for. No fan can afford to miss the seismic AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #1 when it explodes into comic shops this June!

Full preview here.

Amazing Member

This book is going to be pure emotional torture if this Peter / MJ / May don't survive Secret Wars. :/

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

It would be nice to see them live, or the reality to continue in some form or other. Marvel must know Peter and MJ together have a lot of fans. That said, I respect the idea of wanting to craft a solid story than just them married with a kid. It's good to see the other heroes aren't forgotten either. I like the retro and subtle redesigns for the Avengers.

Also is Darkseid attacking them there? Wonder if that's the Regent. Slott did hint at the idea that the Regent is a new villain rather than an established one, so I wonder whether it's that character which will be the element which survives Secret Wars, rather than the marriage. (Darn it I bet it is that.)

Mighty Member

Looksna bit like nimrod.

So excited for this. Probably my most anticipated book of all time. Looking very nice with the colors!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Looksna bit like nimrod.
    The regency is surrounded by a few locales including the 1602 universe and Kun Lun, plus a mystery domain. So he might be from one of those if he's not a native.

So, someone else is paranoid about this to point of thinking that the Regent is some far-future descendant of Peter and MJ, and the only way to stop him is to do something similar to One More Day ?.

Mighty Member

According to last weeks spider mandate Peter may have a family, but that all other aspects od his life will suck.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    According to last weeks spider mandate Peter may have a family, but that all other aspects od his life will suck.
    It's really stupid to bring back the marriage after all the trouble they did to undo it. Then again, Marvel wasted the opportunity to have Peter re-established his relationship with Betty Brant and Felicia Hardy respectively, as well as a few others. This is what happens when they give the reigns to a SINGLE writer whose not willing to explore the idea other relationships with established characters who are non-spidey created, or old relationships like the ones mentioned.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-11-2015 at 12:10 PM.

I am usually a huge Kubert fan, but seeing the baby change from baby to toddler to school girl made me cringe. On the plus side MJ has a nice behind.

I'm going in with low expectations and cynicism. Come at me bro!

PS: This will also be my last spidey story under Dan Slott.
    Last edited by AJpyro; 05-12-2015 at 10:32 AM.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

That Campbell variant is calling to me... I must spend money... must have...
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    That Campbell variant is calling to me... I must spend money... must have...
    +1

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

Pigeons again, just like in One More Day. What is it with pigeons? Maybe they are the continuity constant. Even after Incursion, there are still pigeons.

Looks like there's been some plot details which have come out, courtesy of today's Secret Wars panel at this year's Atlantic City Boardwalk Con:

Spider-Man fans who enjoy Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson's relationship will get a series for themselves which features the pair's everyday life with their daughter Annie. Things will go awry when their domain leader, Regent, goes after Peter's family, forcing him to go underground. "It's a great adventure story but also a great story about Peter and Mary Jane," said Amanat, who also teased that Venom will appear in the series.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton