Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Remember this is a Dan Slott story....the guy who had Peter Parker's body taken over by Doc Oct then managed to NOT grow him as a character in the two year storyline, he stayed the same arrogant POS that he always was. He fell in love with a um height challenged woman, that was it. I honestly have no idea where they pulled that storyline from. The fact that there are people who preferred the emotionless, calculating and cruel 'Superior Spiderman' shows a lot about the current generation of fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aliensoul77 View Post
    Remember this is a Dan Slott story....the guy who had Peter Parker's body taken over by Doc Oct then managed to NOT grow him as a character in the two year storyline, he stayed the same arrogant POS that he always was. He fell in love with a um height challenged woman, that was it. I honestly have no idea where they pulled that storyline from. The fact that there are people who preferred the emotionless, calculating and cruel 'Superior Spiderman' shows a lot about the current generation of fans.
    Tell us more about how terrible the "current generation of fans" is.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I don't even want to speculate just so happy to see them married. It's like 2007 again. Umm is this the same Peter on the life raft I wonder
    It's an alternate Peter Parker. Most of the characters in the various series of Secret Wars are alternate versions from other domains.

The artwork could be much better. The baby literally changes size and age panel to panel.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Tell us more about how terrible the "current generation of fans" is.
    I'm not sure he has enough time (Badumdum DISSSH).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    According to last weeks spider mandate Peter may have a family, but that all other aspects od his life will suck.
    It's really stupid to bring back the marriage after all the trouble they did to undo it. Then again, Marvel wasted the opportunity to have Peter re-established his relationship with Betty Brant and Felicia Hardy respectively, as well as a few others. This is what happens when they give the reigns to a SINGLE writer whose not willing to explore the idea other relationships with established characters who are non-spidey created, or old relationships like the ones mentioned.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-11-2015 at 12:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony View Post
    The artwork could be much better. The baby literally changes size and age panel to panel.
    The thing that gets me is that last page. Somebody needs to sit Kubert down and tell him to knock it off with these cramped, vertical panels. They STINK. Who the hell is even in that quinjet? Why layout the page like this? What do you gain as a visual, coherent storyteller vs what you're losing?

I am usually a huge Kubert fan, but seeing the baby change from baby to toddler to school girl made me cringe. On the plus side MJ has a nice behind.

I'm going in with low expectations and cynicism. Come at me bro!

PS: This will also be my last spidey story under Dan Slott.
    Last edited by AJpyro; 05-12-2015 at 10:32 AM.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

They said this is your book if you follow Spider-Man so until they crush all hope I believe Peter will come out on New Earth married to MJ or at least the memory of it and then get her back

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    But, if this alternative universe becomes the standard universe (or part of it) after Secret Wars it does matter. I remember seeing rumors that
    this is what would happen and Peter would take more time to raising a family and training Miles Morales (who could be part of this new universe too)
    I think that's wishful thinking more than rumors.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'm really going to try to avoid enjoying this. I really am. But man, Slott is going to make it difficult. Marvel has gone to great lengths to completely distance Peter from Mary Jane, especially after Superior Spider-Man. It's like every major story they do is meant to give them another excuse for breaking up the Peter/MJ marriage. This just feels like an extreme level of trolling. I don't want to get my hopes up that it could be anything else. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by aliensoul77 View Post
    I don't think that people preferred Spock over Spidey, but they did want to see the storyline carried longer than it was..

...sixteen, seventeen... Fifteen's Avatar

The date on the calendar is May. Cute.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

Just saw the preview pages, and a few things notice.

1.) I want to get the Campbell cover. always loved his Spider-man work (wished that 12 part story he was rumored to be doing with Loeb would of happened) and he always drawls the women in Peter's life MJ, Gwen, Cat smoking hot!
    2.) Peter and MJ disusing stuff while Peter working on something for Spider-Man. Ah welcome back my old friends.
    3.) I FREAKING CALLED THE WHITE BIRDS. I called in my comic shop last week that white birds would be in RYU somewhere. to symbolize that this is a "Pure" non-Mephisto story.
    4.) anyone else catch that The calendar says "May"
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!